Looking for feedback

dba110
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello Shopify Community, 

I am looking for some feedback for my store please? I have launched my store several weeks ago and i have run local ads in Australia as this is where i am based, there is a lot of store traffic but i am having no luck with sales and i am not sure what the issue actually is. I would really appreciate some feedback and validation from International users that my stores buttons are workings and everything is functioning within the norm, as i am looking to start advertise to the States. 

Thank you so much in advance! 

Store Link: 

https://pumpdgymwear.com/

Replies 6 (6)
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
733 65 264

Hello @dba110 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a Favicon which helps to find you when customers have multiple tabs in their browser.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customers to access menu at any time they want.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

Include Blog page,  blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @dba110,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

pumpd-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

PRODUCT SELECTION
I would recommend switching up the color picker to have colors in each circle. As is, the grey is so light that the outline is barely visible.

pumpd-02.png

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

PRODUCTS
As you know, activewear can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a leggings or shorts in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

PHOTO INCONSISTENCY
Some of your photos have a white background, others are being worn by models, the blue outfit has a grey background, etc. When you have photo inconsistency it raises red flags with your visitors because it looks like they aren't your photos. I know with dropshipping it can be difficult to get consistent looking photos but something to be aware of when selecting photos.

pumpd-03.png

CART
Your chat icons blocking the PayPal payment method. 

pumpd-04.png

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
If you are concerned that displaying longer shipping times will turn people off, what I would say is long-term, you want happy customers so it's better to say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is. I’d also recommend taking a look at alternative suppliers. We did a video showing several USA suppliers that can get products to your customers faster:

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2491 341 1665

Hi @dba110,

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

Congratulations on your store! After looking at your website, I have some feedback for you and hope that they can help you increase sales.

1. Home

1.1. Some good points

• Have high-quality hero banner that reflects what you're selling
  • Some core products and brand features have been highlighted
  • Seamless design and color

1.2. Some recommendations

1.2.1. The navigation bar should be sticky

Sticky navigation bar will allow visitors to move around the site quicker. Moreover, some studies also found that a sticky navigation bar can boost the conversion rate.

1.2.2. Text that overlays the hero banner could be more legible

I found that the hero banner, the overlaid text is thin that leads to the lower scannability. You can fix it by changing the text's style or using a semi transparent background for the overlaid text.

1.2.3. You could add your social feed

I can see in the footer that you have an Instagram account, therefore, I think that it would be better if you can put the Instagram feed on your Homepage. There are many benefits of including a social feed in a website, such as increasing time spent on site, building engagement and reach on social media channels, and increasing sales with social proof.

2. Collection Page

2.1. Some good points

• You have used the grid view for visually-driven product
  • Use thumbnail for all list items
  • Allow sorting by name, price, date, etc.
  • Display the other images on hover

2.2. Some recommendations

2.2.1. Include rating information in list items

Many visitors heavily rely on user-generated reviews, therefore, including rating information will make them more confident to look for more details about the product and make a purchase.

2.2.2. Include color variations of products and swatches in list items

I can see that some products are available in various colors. However, you are not showing those options in listing items. When browsing your collection, visitors could not be aware of other color options for a product and therefore, they may not find a suitable item and abandon the site because a significant proportion of the product range will be simply overlooked.

If you find my recommendations helpful, please like and mark it as a solution. I also suggest you take a look at our PageFly which can help you build a high-converting page.

Best of luck!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

dba110
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello @waytoapps

Thank you for taking the time to review my website and thank you for your feedback i appreciate it! 

I have taken your points into consideration and have certainly implemented majority of the things you have listed. I have added a Favicon, i have contacted my theme developer to assist with a "sticky" header as this is something i am unable to do from my end. I will also take your recommendation on adding reviews to the homepage to gain trustworthiness. 

I will work on some blog posts i am aware i have lacked in this area, i am not that creative on writing which is why i probably have ignored it all this time. 

One thing i am struggling to complete is to add a 'Agree to Terms & Conditions' at checkout, i may also need to contact the theme developers to have this implemented. 

I have not looked into selling on Etsy before, i will also look into this. 

Again Thank you for your time and for your feedback! 

dba110
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi @PageFly,

Thank you for your feedback i really appreciate it! 

You have given me a lot of information to help me work on what is lacking thank you for that! 

As mentioned previously, i have contacted my theme developers to make the header sticky. I was under the impression that i had added my socials feeds but because i do not have much contact it does not show up, however i will re look into this thank you! 

Majority of my products have reviews on them. I totally agree with the colour swatch not being obvious, im not sure exactly how to get that resolved i have tried many times it just hasn't worked, it may be something i need to contact my theme developers. 

dba110
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi @EcomGeeks

Thank you so much for your feedback! 

This is a lot of detailed information and it is very helpful! 

I will definitely take all these into account and implement them on my store as they're all valid points.

Once i have fixed these issues, i will be in touch to join in for a session. Thank you for your help.