Looking for more feedback on my store.

sea-shur-jewelr
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey everyone,

I have been working hard to make continuous improvements to my store but I could use a little help further identifying areas to put my time / effort. Any feedback / recommendations to further improve my store is appreciated. 

www.seashurjewelry.com

Best,

Dave Shur 

Replies 4 (4)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @sea-shur-jewelr.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback for your shop. To start, I wanted to mention how great your products look, I always really like the product photography and overall aesthetic and colour scheme. One thing I would suggest is to remove this formation in your footer and replace it or add it to your dedicated "about us" section as it creates dome negative space:

I would also recommend consolidating all your collection links in your footer, perhaps into an easier to use drop-down menu style. You can set this up by heading to Online Store>Navigation>Footer under your Menu's section. 

You would then simply need to create your footer-menu titles, for example, "products" or "Collections' and then drag and drop all your linked collections under that title to create a drop-down menu.

This may make the area look more clean and professional. We have a helpful guide for building drop-down menus here if you needed to review it for reference. 

I would also suggest adding an Announcement banner to your page, you might add an announcement banner to highlight the following information:

• any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments
  • any new or updated policy pages
  • any promotions being offered at this time, such as sales or new gift cards

Some themes may have a built-in announcement banner feature, while other themes require you to download an app to display an announcement bar. Here are a few free app examples you can investigate if your theme does not have this feature:

- Quick Announcement bar

- Bannerfly

Lastly, I would suggest adding your about page to your main menu area as well, this will give your customers quick access to learn more about your brand and product story.

I would also love to hear more about what sort of marketing techniques you have been investigating to start bringing traffic into your shop. Feel free to check out our fantastic article on increasing website traffic here. It walks through great advertising and marketing techniques you can look into further, and also important questions to know when trying to increase your web traffic, such as:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their implicit cost-benefit analysis. 
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

I hope some of this feedback helps you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2497 342 1665

Hi @sea-shur-jewelr ,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants. 

I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

If your page is long, when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

PageFly_0-1632997092168.png

Besides, the banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

2. Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

PageFly_1-1632997486083.png

3. Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product reviews to the page in easy ways

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that are displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

I found an article for you about third-party apps that are 07 Tools to Boost Your Conversion Rates and the best reviews app for your store.

4. Clean your Footer and add Return policy blog

As above comment, you should have a brand story section and reduce the information in your Footer. When you have sticky header, no need to repeat the collection here. The customers can focus more about other link, and your subscribe form.

You should display or link to an easy-to-read Return Policy or Delivery Policy information in your footer area. Because customers are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it online is one of the reasons many users sometimes exercise extreme due careful, closely inspecting images and reviews before buying. One of major factors for decreasing purchasing anxiety and reducing the consequences of purchasing the wrong product is by having liberal return policies. In detail of shipping policy, I suggest that you should use ‘Delivery Date’ Instead of ‘Delivery Speed’. The customer won’t be worried about it containing the weekend or buying day. These tips will incentivize customers to make purchasing decisions.

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark it as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @sea-shur-jewelr 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
JMFG
1 0 0

Since you are selling jewelry, you might consider adding a customer testimonials section to your home page.  As you know, many jewelry purchases are driven by an emotional connection.  This is difficult to create over the web.  New customers want to be assured that what they are buying is a quality product.  I love the fact you have included videos on your product page.