Looking for suggestions re a better suited theme for my shop https://coastalsurfimages.com/

Solved
Wavewalker
2 0 1

Hi Crew.  My shop has been up and running for a while now. I would love a few suggestions as to a potentially better theme to have my customers - surfers be able to scroll through larger images in a left to right type layout and enlarge once more for the final view with the attached 'Buy Now' button.  I believe my current theme is the free 'Debut' one.  This has been on my radar for some time but now more so, due to feedback from surfers trying to find themselves on my shop.  Many thanks in advance for your learned suggestion and advice.  Cheers 🙂 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1276 176 850

This is an accepted solution.

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked your store and I have some feedback on it, and I hope it helps.

RichardNguyen_0-1622344863349.png

CTA Button 

It’s such a loss if you don’t have a “Shop Now” button on your slides. It urges visitors to make the purchase and a great way to optimize your home page

Add Sticky Header

I would suggest you use ONE sticky header. A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. 

Featured collection

I am not sure if your store is one collection store. If yes, you should make the most of your homepage by featuring your only collection by a video. 

Promotion should be announced right from the moment visitors enter your page. A popup or one slide on the banner slide show will make sure your client will not miss your sale. 

RichardNguyen_1-1622345009136.png

Also, on the product page, you lack the CTA buttons under each product. An "Add To Cart" or "Buy Now" button would remind customers of making purchase once they like your product.

RichardNguyen_2-1622345159852.png

Invest in bespoke imagery 
More product images should be added (3-5 images from different angles per product). Don’t just show what a product looks like but how it works in real life. Your products are lovely and unique so lifestyle shots will be a game-changer in conversion rate optimization 

Use accordion for product variants is a good idea to make your product page more organized.

Return Policy
Customers get hesitant to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.

The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy to read and clear for customers.

Use Delivery Date
Once a purchase decision is made, the buyer is excited to get your product on their hand as soon as possible. When viewing “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by April 4th”, visitors get the urgency to make the purchase.

Product description
The information provided through product descriptions is an essential element for most users in the process of finding a suitable product. It should be eye-catching and attractive. Otherwise, it will make customers tired and skip the details. Consequently, that might cause trouble for your business.
- Subdivide Long Product Descriptions with Sections and Headings
- Use block text and bullet point

Related Products

Place some more products at the bottom of the page is a basic but good cross-sale strategy.

To create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, you can take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!

In your case, a Page Builder App can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder.

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

View solution in original post

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 74 155

Hi @Wavewalker 

You're welcome. Hope you're having a great day!

Boundless is great. With this theme, most of the improvements suggested by @RichardNguyen will be resolved on their own. Take a look at the Black Steel Web store which uses the same theme. Take a look at how their collection page looks. They made some changes and it looks good. What do you think?

I wonder if this could be tweaked/changed in back end customizing?

Yes, you could.

If you have any further questions, please do reach out either here on the forum, or via a private message/email.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)
Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 74 155

Hi @Wavewalker 

Hope you're having a great day!

You should visit the Shopify themes store to try some themes.

If you have any further questions, please do reach out either here on the forum, or via a private message/email.

Wavewalker
2 0 1

Yes thanks for the advice Michal.  I have done so earlier today and the one that I did like 'Boundless' was a reasonably attractive option however in 'Preview' didn't bring through one of my drop down galleries - namely the 'Shortboarders' - eg. March - April - May.   I wonder if this could be tweaked/changed in back end customizing?

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1276 176 850

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked your store and I have some feedback on it, and I hope it helps.

RichardNguyen_0-1622344863349.png

CTA Button 

It’s such a loss if you don’t have a “Shop Now” button on your slides. It urges visitors to make the purchase and a great way to optimize your home page

Add Sticky Header

I would suggest you use ONE sticky header. A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. 

Featured collection

I am not sure if your store is one collection store. If yes, you should make the most of your homepage by featuring your only collection by a video. 

Promotion should be announced right from the moment visitors enter your page. A popup or one slide on the banner slide show will make sure your client will not miss your sale. 

RichardNguyen_1-1622345009136.png

Also, on the product page, you lack the CTA buttons under each product. An "Add To Cart" or "Buy Now" button would remind customers of making purchase once they like your product.

RichardNguyen_2-1622345159852.png

Invest in bespoke imagery 
More product images should be added (3-5 images from different angles per product). Don’t just show what a product looks like but how it works in real life. Your products are lovely and unique so lifestyle shots will be a game-changer in conversion rate optimization 

Use accordion for product variants is a good idea to make your product page more organized.

Return Policy
Customers get hesitant to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.

The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy to read and clear for customers.

Use Delivery Date
Once a purchase decision is made, the buyer is excited to get your product on their hand as soon as possible. When viewing “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by April 4th”, visitors get the urgency to make the purchase.

Product description
The information provided through product descriptions is an essential element for most users in the process of finding a suitable product. It should be eye-catching and attractive. Otherwise, it will make customers tired and skip the details. Consequently, that might cause trouble for your business.
- Subdivide Long Product Descriptions with Sections and Headings
- Use block text and bullet point

Related Products

Place some more products at the bottom of the page is a basic but good cross-sale strategy.

To create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, you can take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!

In your case, a Page Builder App can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder.

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 74 155

Hi @Wavewalker 

You're welcome. Hope you're having a great day!

Boundless is great. With this theme, most of the improvements suggested by @RichardNguyen will be resolved on their own. Take a look at the Black Steel Web store which uses the same theme. Take a look at how their collection page looks. They made some changes and it looks good. What do you think?

I wonder if this could be tweaked/changed in back end customizing?

Yes, you could.