I launched my "IP Camera" store two weeks ago. I tried Facebook advertising to bring many traffic as I could. Recently I am having Google PPC campaign going on as well. I have provided customers discounted links to shop from. Also I ran facebook page promoting campaign to bring page likes over 1000 now. I got more than 5800 sessions, 220 checkout reaches but no sales at all. So far there are more than 30 abandon carts as well. I tried with a shopify support team member to run test orders to see if anything wrong at checkout. There was nothing wrong there. I have attached an screenshot of session analysis from shopify. Can someone please please hep me out to find the reason behind this? I am afraid there is any technical issue behind this. Please find my website here. https://icsee-camera.com/
These are the two products i have tried to bring traffic most by targeting Ads.
I think the good sign is you are having good traffic and people already added to cart, so I guess there might be some reasons:
- The cart / checkout page has problems => I've checked your cart page and checkout page on desktop and mobile, they are pretty decent, responsive well and nothing confusing I found.
- The trust issue: You promise 30-day money back-guarantee, which is really good but I have to scroll all the way down to read more about it, I suggest you add the link to Refund & Return policy page near the buy section. Maybe here:
As you may know, testimonials and reviews can help in this case. I see that you have testimonials on the home page, you may add them on the product page too, as well as, adding reviews.
- Ads and landing page mismatch: Double check your ads copy with the landing page content. Is there anything you promise from the ads that you don't show on the landing page?
- Insufficient audience targeting:
On the product https://icsee-camera.com/collections/heavy-duty/products/digital-zoom-surveillance-camera, I found that you have US, UK, EU, AU plug, so I am wondering if you targeting customers from those countries? but when viewing your analytics, your traffic comes mostly from Bangladesh and Pakistan. Maybe rechecking your Facebook ads geo targeting?
Besides, most traffic comes from Mobile, so I check the page speed of https://icsee-camera.com/collections/heavy-duty/products/digital-zoom-surveillance-camera and it scored 29. I think you might spend more time on improving the page speed:
- The page weighs 4.31MB, which should be reduced to less than 2MB to be considered good. The main reason is image oversized. You may check the list of images here https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fzk8rpdeot/rule/imagesTooLarge (I found a folk here introducing the tools and it is really handy)
- You can use some tools like ImageOptim and PNGaulet to optimize image's weight while keeping its quality. Those tools are free and we usually use them for our content, so I always recommend them, you can read more about it here https://pagefly.link/xQKRAfpQ#01_Optimize_image_loading_times (More tips about speeding the web page there as well)
- Enable Lazy loading can help improving page speed: Lazy-loading is a technique that defers loading of non-critical resources at page load time. Instead, these non-critical resources are loaded at the moment of need and in PageFly, we develop Lazy loading function, so you can enable it without coding. Our PageFly Page builder comes with a Free plan (no time limit) for you to test the product. I think it will come in handy for you.
Some few other comments on the page design that can be improved:
- Add a countdown timer or low in stock message to create urgency: as the product is on sales, adding a countdown timer can let the visitors know that the sales will end soon and they should act now before the sales ends.
- Increase the spacing and consider using less text: Your images include many texts already and them you also have more text below, I think it's quite distracting for me when trying to understanding more about the product. Instead you might use video too.
- Since the description is long, you may add one more add-to-cart button below the product details, like a reminder for the visitors.
I hope those ideas can be useful for you. If they are, please give me a 'like'
Have a good day and I wish you the best of luck!
Just now i came across your post .Everything looks great .i would like to suggest few points which helps in conversions.
Product Review: There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review, so that customer can review on your products. In product page place product review to know more information about products ,which makes customer to buy .
You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.
I can also suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .
Credits and Rewards: Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and credits. You can give store credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
I would wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store. I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.
I hope this is helpful ! If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!
Hope you are doing well.
I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?
Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.
Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.
Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!
- I checked the checkout process, everything seemed good. One thing that I feel can be an issue for the checkouts is the payment methods. It's written GPay in express checkout but while checking out can't see a way of making a payment by GPay. You should add UPI- GPay, and others as a payment method too. People prefer UPI for payment as it's quite easy to go. Only debit and credit cards as payment methods can be one of the reasons for no sales.
- Also, use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Send abandoned cart emails with an offer, it will help you to make customers complete the purchase.
- You can send abandoned cart push notifications for abandoned carts. It can be delivered to your customer’s device, mobile or desktop, even when he is not on your website. It can be used in retargeting with push notifications including browse abandonment, retargeting users abandoning the shopping cart, activating dormant users with offers, retaining users with personalized content, and more. Start notifying your customers when they abandon your cart via email and push notifications.
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
Try adding some other payment methods also and let's see if it works. Other than that, start putting efforts into marketing to drive conversions.
To implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. This will help you to maximize engagement in your store and drive conversions. Bring all your marketing efforts to one place and don't bear the hassle of managing multiple apps in your Shopify store.
P.S- Free plan available. Try AiTrillion for free here.
I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution?
P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.
Id recommend checking out Jebbit if your facing this problem. Its a free app that lets you create product match quizzes so your customers will feel more satisfied with the products in their cart and are more likely to purchase them. Its a super useful app when it comes to increasing sales. Ill link it below, let me know if this was helpful!