Lots of traffic no sales

Isolatedcards
Tourist
7 0 3

Does anyone see any big issue with the website? we are getting 50+ visits a day from google and nothing is converting. I have triple-checked to make sure shipping options are set up. The website is called Isolatedcards.com We are syncing to eBay with the same pricing plus shipping and received 100 sales using 1/6th of the database in the same period if time.   

Replies 8 (8)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2496 342 1665

Hi @Isolatedcards 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

1. Home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Add section about your brand story

A business can stand out with its brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

You can consult my Centic template

Centic R2 – PageFly 2021-06-26 18-48-19.png

1.3 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

1.4 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

1.5 Have direct links for the Return and Shipping policies

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is essential because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page

2. Product page

I take this page for example https://isolatedcards.com/collections/football/products/144-brian-bosworth-seattle-seahawks-1988-top...

2.1 Add more images from different angles of the product

2.2 Add a customer review section

A review widget is highly recommended on a product page so other customers can see others' feedback. With a review widget, there is a button to encourage customers to leave reviews. As I mentioned above, Loox and Yotpo are good.  

2.3 Provide a list of Recently viewed items

Many customers want to view previous items. If it’s too difficult to view again previous items, they will likely frustrated, and may not purchase anymore. You can use Wiser or Limespot apps, they integrate with PageFly.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Isolatedcards
Tourist
7 0 3

Thanks, I find that reply more frustrating than helpful at this point. When I made the switch from Godaddy/WordPress I was under the impression many of these features came included in the packages. It seems like all I keep hearing is + + + + + + +. 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @IsolatedcardsThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are my suggestions:

- Add slider images or a banner image in the first fold of the homepage with a call to action button on it.

- Add about us page.

- Make it clear about what you are selling exactly. 

- There's a missing image here. Add a thumbnail image. Don't leave it blank. 

AiTrillion_1-1625052278914.png

- Improve the product descriptions font style. Everything written in bold doesn't look good.

AiTrillion_2-1625052575415.png

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors. Also, add a review section on the product page. 

AiTrillion_0-1625052243501.png

Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- Make your store engaging. Add loyalty program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increasing the retention rate.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Isolatedcards,

Sorry to hear, that's super frustrating. When you get traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

ADD TO CART BUTTONS
On desktop, when you add a product to cart, the payment options are cut off. This could be causing issues but I don't think it's the main one.

isolated-01.png

GODADDY TO SHOPIFY
You mentioned in one of your replies that you switched from GoDaddy to Shopify. When you did that you would have lost your SEO. SEO is simply how people find your store via search engines like Google. Your other website would have been ranking for certain keywords with links to your products but when you switch without adding re-directed before you switched everything over, you would have lost all of that and now need to re-build those links and rankings. 
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. If you end up working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

SHIPPING
Your shipping is a little confusing (what does PWE stand for?). I would also add an estimated shipping time for the PWE & Tracked Economy options.

isolated-02.png

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing these collector cards. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hello @Isolatedcards 

Here i need to suggest few improvements to increase traffic.

Big drawback in your website in there is no testimonials and product reviews.
->Testimonials are kind of like positive reviews from previous customers. The more testimonials you have, the more your visitors will assume that you must be a trustworthy company. Add testimonials in footer section of homepage.
->Product reviews are an essential part of an online store’s branding and marketing. They help build trust and loyalty, and typically describe what sets your products apart from others. Add these below product image in product page.
Untitled.png
 Trust badge is a badge or seal that you place on your website that is meant to instill trust in your potential customers.

Rewards:
The most common reward program allow customers to accumulate points through sales or straightforward actions on your store. Customers earn reward points on every purchase they make, which can then be redeemed for a reward to encourage them to make a repeat purchase. You can give rewards for subscription
Reward help to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards.
You can provide rewards for Registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. Can give more credits to the favorite customers.

Now a days social login feature is most common tool used in website to login directly with Facebook, twitter, Instagram. Which reduce customer time during login.

The recently viewed items allows you to show your visitors the items they've viewed while browsing your site, offering you an opportunity to increase your sales by showing them the items they've already shown interest in. Getting started is easy.

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
David_Weru
Shopify Partner
162 15 37

Hello, @Isolatedcards,

As an investment, I suggest you draw up a contract with the ad gurus on this thread to fix your site up for a fee.

The catch being that payment only comes if sales rise to your go daddy levels.

It's win win. (Not financial advice)

RusHush
1 0 0

Hey, 

I just saw the conversation and the issues, even I have my store but for everything, you do not have to pay. 98% of people will suggest you paid ads but you need to do a bit of research and you will find the substitute for the same.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @Isolatedcards,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the all-in-one marketing app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

P.S- Free plan available.

Reply Awaited!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.