Hi all , my name is Oksana and I am currently working on my lash business. My website is in the making and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on it, this is my first website I'm doing by myself!
Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on creating your first website! I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.
That top banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:
We did a video on how to set up your homepage for conversions, you can watch it here:
Next, I'd work on your product descriptions and SEO. When you name your lashes things like "Aquarius" or "Bali", you are going to have problems being found on Google. If someone types Aquarius in Google, its going to pop up results related to horoscopes. Balii is going to pop up search results of the place. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO (it's on the same page as you edit your product titles and descriptions):
Two other small tweaks you can make are:
1. Adding a Favicon:
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store and want to give you some comments and hope it would be helpful to you:
I- Home page
- You should make a search field for your website: users tend to rely on search field as a fallback strategy when they feel stuck or need to search something relating to products on the site, therefore, it is important to get a search field and make it immediately obvious on your website.
- You should make a sticky header- a fixed menu bar will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will not need to scroll back and forth anytime they need to visit one page.
- In my opinion, the hero banner is not quite in high resolution and attractive enough, you could consider adjusting it. Besides that, you should add some text to your hero banner introducing “What you sell”; “What values you offer”...and a primary CTA Button to lead to best-selling/featured products.
- Implementing Testimonials like Customer reviews, video testimonial,... should be taken into consideration since it is an effective way to expand your brand trust.
II- Collection page
- You should provide filters like filter by Price, Color, User rating average...By doing so, users will be able to assess the products based on their priority criteria easier.
- I would recommend you add secondary images on hover to add extra visual information and help users easily evaluate products.
- Just a small suggestion, you should make the product images align with each other to make the site more professional.
III- Product page
- Having a full understanding of products is crucial for users to make a purchasing decision. Therefore, I would recommend you provide at least 3-5 product images for all products. You could consider using "Human model" images since it will help users get a full sense of products.
- You should add product description for each product so users could have more information about your products.
- Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. I would recommend you display reviews on your product page and allow users to submit their reviews.
A page builder app is an ideal solution to help you build your pages quickly and effectively. At PageFly, we offer 70+ pre-made templates that help users reduce a lot of efforts in building pages and they can spend more time on marketing activities.
Above is my recommendation on your store. If you find it helpful please hit LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION.
Best of luck!
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly