Low conversion rate (0.77%) - can you help?

Danimarie
1 0 0

Hi

I'm looking for feedback on why my store has such a low conversion rate (0.77%).

We get a 6-10% CTR from Facebook Ads, with ads that clearly specify it's plus size clothing and with all the images from our site. So i'm pretty sure it's not the quality of the traffic.

4% add to cart but only 0.77% checkout.

I can't afford to run Facebook ads anymore because we're losing money sending traffic and not converting.

Here is the store: danimariethelabel.com

I would appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks,

S

Replies 4 (4)
JrRoberta
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @Danimarie, I just have a look at your store and... it's great! 

I agreed with you that we can just run Facebook Ads since it takes a huge amount of money. 

So instead of fooling around with social ads, why don't you leverage it right on your storefront? I mean, the use of pop-ups & email marketing. Why did I say that?

1. I'm your visitors and browsing your storefront. Well, it's great... there're many beautiful dresses...
  2. Then I leave your store! I believe you're not surprised since up to 97% of visitors don't buy when they landed the site for the first time... unless you have something to hold them back! 

I saw that you have a pop-up display right at the bottom right corner of your site, however, it seems not really an eye-catching one. In this case, I'll create a pop-up to be shown up right at the center of the site both when visitors first landed the store and when they have the exit intent. I'm not saying this will help you make sales immediately, I mean it would help you increase the sale opportunities!

Next, what are you doing with your email list? I believe that your email list will include visitors, first-time buyers, loyal customers, etc. right? If yes, at this point, you can increase sales by leveraging the database itself. 

For example, when visitors abandoned their cart or checkout, it means that they're having the intent to buy at their peak so you can promptly send an email to remind them to finish their cart, and of course, with a free shipping code. 

What else? Welcome a subscriber with an attractive offer, re-engage buyers that haven't interacted with your site for a while, or even use transactional email like shipping update, order confirmation as a way to upsell. 

I hope that this answer finds you well. In case you want to integrate an app to help you do all of the things that I mentioned above, you can try ManySales

Roberta I Going down to be brave, Going up to be strong
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

@DanimarieThis is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. We are happy to help more than 100k+ Shopify merchants and would love to provide a solution to your questions.

- To get a good amount of traffic to your store, run ads targeting the right audience. 

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

Missing Offers - You must show the offers and discounts banners on the store to collect emails and convert customers.

- On the product page, instead of letting customers scroll till the end to see the product images you should display those images in a slider. 

AiTrillion_0-1621837982209.png

- Also, your store lacks in customer engagement. Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

You should use marketing automation tools that will help in better customer engagement & automation. You must set up proper email marketing campaigns, loyalty reward programs, web push notifications, or affiliate programs to increase engagement. To implement this you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hello @Danimarie ,

I just had look into your website, I observed few points on your website

-> You have less collections, Increase your products then visitors spare more times. May it will takes to purchase.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> You can begin giving dedication focuses to your customers on various credits like joining, subscription, making a buy, taking into account message pop-ups, sharing or following via web-based media mean referral rewards. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. This energizes rehash buys which expands deals and helps in holding your customers.

Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store I suggest you to install our Shopify app Tuecus. It helps for you Increasing of sales. And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.

Thanks,
team Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
Addyz
Pathfinder
191 4 23

Hi @Danimarie 

After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.

Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.

You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.

There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.

I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite

This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails. 

If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales