I recently opened a Shopify store, https://theecolux.com/ it’s been open for about two weeks now with over 600 sessions, I tried tweaking things here and there to try and improve conversion rates but nothing seems to be helping. I’ve had in total 4 add to carts and 1 reach checkout, can someone please check out my store and see if there’s anything I should change? Anything that may turn customers off?
Congratulations on launching your store. Sorry to hear the launch wasn't as profitable as you had hoped.
When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I'm not sure how you are running ads, but my guess is that ad targeting may have something to do with it. You currently only ship to the United States so anyone coming in outside of the states will get to checkout only to find you do not ship there and abandon cart. We did a video on our 2021 Ad Strategy that I'd recommend giving a watch:
At checkout, you have free shipping (which is great) but no estimated shipping time. You have a separate page for this but the customer likely wont read it, this information should be clearly displayed at checkout. Without it, customers may abandon cart.
As for your products, I'm not sure what your setup is if you are working with other companies and drop shipping or buying wholesale, but for products like the Lava Pumice Stone with Cotton Loop or the Rosemary Peppermint Vegan Soap Bar, you can purchase those directly from the original maker at a lower price point than you are offering. You can definitely make sales doing wholesales or dropshipping, you just need to give people a reason to purchase from you vs. your competitors. Maybe for you that's offering gift-baskets, or targeting local to start out and offer the best selection of handmade, natural products made by other locals.
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Thanks for the feedback! I am currently trying to dropship these items but didn’t even think to look into the prices for suppliers that have their own sites, I’ll definitely look into that and adjust my price points. As far as adding shipping estimates, I’ll have to look further into doing that accurately, I didn’t do that because I have suppliers with different estimates shipping times and don’t want any potential customers to feel blindsided if items come at different times. Do you have any advice for that?
Hey there, @CheyEco!
Congrats on the recent launch! While the results haven’t been what you expected, you’ve done a great job at creating what will be a great store.
My general opinion is that you need to spend more time working on the details. The photos weren’t the same style or dimension, and it didn’t scream luxury. As a result, I found myself often worried that your products were going to be worth the cost, even though the price wasn’t super high.
Are you using any visitor behavior tools? That would be helpful here. If you could see what people are doing on your website through session recordings (to see what people are doing while on your site) or heatmaps (to see where they click or scroll), you may be able to see if you’re driving the right traffic and what’s stopping those people from checking out.
Here are 10 things that I found:
You’re on the right track here, and I can’t wait to see how visitor behavior helps your website evolve and grow. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps! Good luck!
Cheers - Danny
Have seen your store and it looks quite great.
However, here is some of my suggestions for you:
- It would be great if you can have more than one banner. Some other banners should show some specific products. This can encourage your customers to reach out to them faster.
- The logo looks quite small. Maybe make it bigger.
- You should have the same size for those product photos. Also, you can add the Quickview buttons to allow your customers to see more product details.
- When your customers buy the Eco packs, of course, they want to see the discount. Or at least, the compared price.
- On your homepage, you should add:
+ The reviews and photo reviews. It would increase your social proof.
+ The Sticky Add to Cart for your pack.
+ The Instagram gallery. Have seen your Instagram account and it looks great, so take this advantage.
If you want to have one, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery.
+ The section that shows the benefits when shopping at your store.
- I see your "Our Guarantee" section, You should make this part bigger.
- On your product page, you can add:
+ The Buy Now button
+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods. For example, the Product Bundle or Frequently Bought Together.
+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar to keep the Add to Cart button visible. This app Advanced Sticky Add to Cart will help you do that.
- You should focus on some points here:
+ Highlight discounted products and new arrivals.
+ Increase social proof.
Hope this helps!
Hello @CheyEco, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Add a review carousel on the homepage.
- Add a 'Buy Now' button on the product page.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
- Product page looks good!
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
In response to shipping, it's tricky but I would err on the side of caution and over estimate the shipping time. You might think longer shipping times would turn people off - and maybe it will for some, but long-term, you want happy customers and it's better to just say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is. Customers tend to get upset when they have to wait longer than expected, they are satisfied when it shows up on time, and they are grateful when it shows up earlier than expected. Over estimating you shipping will either give you satisfied or grateful customers.
Hope that helps!
Hi @CheyEco ,
Your store looks fab. I love all the earth-friendly products you have on your store. We need more stores like yours. Rather, we need more people buying products from your Shopify store.
No coding needed, just choose the label you want for your store and apply it on your products. You can even make your custom badges in easy steps and
You can even automate stock labeling. Let ModeMagic take care of it.
Try it out for free for 14 days. Let badges and labels show off the goodness of your store.