Manual Payment

Solved
JeannieLeong
Tourist
7 1 1

How can l proceed a test for my new store if my payment method is Manual Payment ? When is my transaction consider to charge the transaction fees by shopify ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 197 456

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @JeannieLeong 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Great question. Transaction fees are only paid on transactions that are facilitated by the Shopify Checkout. This would be any third-party payment gateway such as 2Chckout, Stripe or PayPal if the store is not using Shopify Payments. As manual payments are not processed by the Shopify checkout and are instead processed manually we do not charge a transaction fee on these payments. You can read up on manual payments here and transaction fees here

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend taking a look at our introductory guide to Shopify here in our Help Center. The Help Center is packed with brilliant resources on everything Shopify-related to help you get started. 

What is it that you are planning on selling with Shopify? I would love to know more about your business so that I can provide more specific resources to help you get started.

In the meantime, as you are getting prepared to launch your store soon I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. We also have this great Buyer Trust 101 post which goes through how to make your store more trustworthy to customers so that they will check out. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 197 456

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @JeannieLeong 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Great question. Transaction fees are only paid on transactions that are facilitated by the Shopify Checkout. This would be any third-party payment gateway such as 2Chckout, Stripe or PayPal if the store is not using Shopify Payments. As manual payments are not processed by the Shopify checkout and are instead processed manually we do not charge a transaction fee on these payments. You can read up on manual payments here and transaction fees here

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend taking a look at our introductory guide to Shopify here in our Help Center. The Help Center is packed with brilliant resources on everything Shopify-related to help you get started. 

What is it that you are planning on selling with Shopify? I would love to know more about your business so that I can provide more specific resources to help you get started.

In the meantime, as you are getting prepared to launch your store soon I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. We also have this great Buyer Trust 101 post which goes through how to make your store more trustworthy to customers so that they will check out. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

JeannieLeong
Tourist
7 1 1

Dear Bo,

Thanks for the informative feedback and guideline.

From Jeannie Leong.