missing items

roguecompany4x4
1 0 0

I did an order from my own store, a few products over 200$ worth in July and still haven't received anything, of course Im aware of delays due to covid etc etc but I think somethings gone wrong. need help asap

Reply 1 (1)
Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1414 145 258

Hi @roguecompany4x4,

Hyde here from Shopify. Interesting question!

It sounds like you may be dropshipping your products and that you might be under the impression that the order fulfilment process is completely automated.

This is understandable! After all, dropshipping is a retail fulfilment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, you (the merchant) never see or handle the product.

However, it is still down to you to process the order yourself on your store! Now, I don't know for sure what dropshipping app you're using, but I’ve made a video here on how to fulfil an order using Oberlo. When you see an order in your admin, you will need to first go to your Oberlo app and order it from the supplier. The video shows you how to do this. Once you fulfil the order, you then need to go back to your Shopify admin and click the ‘fulfilled’ button. This will send a notification to the customer saying that their order is on the way.

If you're not using Oberlo then you will need to consult the app's relevant documentation to understand the correct steps you need to take!

You should also take a look at our ultimate guide to dropshipping. It will walk you through everything you need to know about starting off, finding suppliers and maintaining your business.

And better yet: check out our Dropshipping 101 course on our Academy which is a series of videos that walks you through dropshipping so you can really become an expert at the business model and make sure you're always at the top of your game!

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions! -Hyde

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog