FROM CACHE - en_header

My Earnings Over The Last 4 Years

Shawna_Jeneen
Tourist
11 0 5

My store, SheairButters.com has been open for almost 4 years now. I opened the store on January 26, 2018. Below are my earnings for each year.⁣

2018: $5,135⁣
2019: $9,844⁣
2020: $15,088⁣
2021 Year to date: $9,542⁣

Today is October 11th and so far this month I’ve had 6 sales for a total of 208.74. I recently had a 30% off sale, really as a test, and guess what… not one sale. Sometimes, I just can’t seem to give this stuff away, despite a small group of loyal customers and even a shout out from a small time celebrity last year.⁣

I have promoted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, all without much luck. I have lost hundreds of dollars on social media advertising. I have done everything, tried everything and all it has gotten me is less than $300 in my bank account.⁣

I recently had to take on a fulltime job just to keep the business going. This business was meant to be a legacy for my daughter. Something good that came out of her cancer diagnosis. I'm really grappling with having failed her and reading articles about people who opened businesses during the pandemic and are making six figures. All I can think is how, why not me, and what am I am doing wrong?⁣⁣

I really do not know what else I can do. How else to get traffic. I am just lost at this point.

Replies 6 (6)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2881 401 1750

Hi @Shawna_Jeneen

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App  here. And I gotta say, I am very touched to hear your story, it's beautiful. You and your daughters are incredible fighters and I'm sure it's not about the legacy you made that she appreciate, but the love you have for her, the strength you got to make her life better. So even though I'm just some total stranger, and I can't fully understand your situation, don't go harsh on yourself, you've made a long way with your online store. Here's some of my suggestions you could consider to make it better. 

I/ Homepage

1. Make the banner fullwidth. Now it's contained and leaving 2 wide spaces on the sides, you can make it fullwidth to make the banner as large as possible. And choose another color for you CTA as well, currently it's kind blend in with the background. 

PageFly_0-1634004931673.png

2. Add section about your brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. And as I said, your story is very beautiful and it will be big motivation for customer to stay longer on your store. You can replace the email sign up form on the page, 'cause let's be honest, they won't immediately leave their personal email to an online store right from the beginning. It's just not effective. 

PageFly_1-1634005069642.png

3. Have at least 3-5 product images for all products at different angles. Product images are essential elements for users to judge products- if products do not display enough images, users will not be able to get a full sense of products and will be reluctant to purchase. 

PageFly_2-1634005131859.png

4. Add CTA button for Product Lists. CTA buttons serve as a guidance to your customers to know what to do next when browsing through your store.

PageFly_3-1634005170263.png

Overall, this is a very clean layout website and you must have put a lot of time and effort into this. You can always opt for PageFly Page Builder  to build more customized and high-converting landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best! 

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online. 

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
742 68 264

Hello @Shawna_Jeneen 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add Store Logo, which gives Identity and separates from the competition.

Organize Header section with Minimizing empty space on it.

Make a sticky header for easy navigation. It helps the customers to access menu at any time they want.

Expand hero banner to full width, as it gives first impression when customer lands on the home page.

Add ATC(add to cart) buttons on the products on Homepage.

Make social Media links open on new tab.

Update contact us page with more contact details, which builds trust on your store.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more, If you sell any Unique/Handmade/vintage goods you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Growave
Shopify Partner
1570 54 439

Hi @Shawna_Jeneen 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. So sad to hear that you are struggling with low sales. In general, the store looks good and has a pleasant design. Consider updating marketing strategy and supporting features. Here are some suggestions that you can work on. I hope it will help.

First of all, I would recommend you to check web analytics to see how people behave on your site. I suppose one of the reasons for experiencing low conversion rates could be that new visitors don’t find your store reliable enough. 

Сonsider the Referral program in order to give your existing customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. You mentioned that you have a group of loyal customers. Since you have loyal clients, try to gain more orders and new customers through existing ones. Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.  

Implement Social Login. Social Login provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account within one click through social media account. It simplifies the login process and enables one-click signup. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. Also, gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

Make Menu Sticky. Make your online shop more user-friendly by keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website. Right now, the menu bar on the head of the store disappears when the user scrolls down which is not convenient. Keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website will make your online shop more user-friendly.

Expand your product range. The current product list is quite limited. Consider offering more products to your customers, especially to loyal ones.

55.png

Shopify App Store offers a lot of great apps with a trial period. I would suggest you test the relevant ones in order to understand whether it works for your store or not. You can try Growave for 5 efficient marketing features that will help you with sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on the Shopify store. 

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

Shawna_Jeneen
Tourist
11 0 5

Thank you for your feedback.⁣

My store is using the Debut Theme, and while it is not my dream theme, I do not believe it is the reason why I am not making sales. The banner was stretched across the entire screen until maybe 2 or three weeks ago when a Shopify rep mentioned people visit the front page and then leave. I was aware of that, but do not know why, or what to do to get ppl to go further. I do not believe the theme is the issue though. I have tweaked it many times over the last 4 years. While not the fanciest, it is more than respectable, easy to navigate, and trustworthy.⁣

The true culprit for my lack of sales is traffic. I had 67 sessions yesterday. 67 people visited my site. I am not even sure if they were actual people or maybe just bots. Either way, I have no traffic. No traffic. No sales. When I get traffic, I make sales. I know this because an actress mentioned my site on Instagram about 2 years ago and sales were quite brisk. I could hardly keep up. Likewise, Essence magazine mentioned my site in a newsletter and the same thing happened.⁣

From those two encounters, I believe I have built a loyal following. But they are not enough to sustain me. People use my products for months before they return for more. I need new customers and I am stumped at how to get them. Like I said, social media has not helped at all. ⁣

I remain stumped....⁣

DanBim
Shopify Partner
502 56 116

Hi @Shawna_Jeneen, you can try to install the recharge subscriptions app so your customers will not need to return and order again, e.g: https://apps.shopify.com/subscription-payments(it has a free plan).

Is it helpful? Like and Accept solution to let me know 🙂
Ryviu - Aliexpress Reviews app - is a product review software with the ability to import reviews from Aliexpress, Amazon, Etsy, and Dhgate in order to drive traffic, boost SEO, and increase sales. Over 40.000 stores use it.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @Shawna_Jeneen 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. 

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz