My review of the new dawn theme

Cindy_Boyd
11 0 0

I have just installed the new dawn theme and my store looks great.  The front page is dynamic if a bit lengthy but it was quite boring before.  My traffic is up since the install too.  The front page options are second only to the product pages looking way better than boundless, which was my last theme.  also the hover over a product to see the second product feature on the collection pages is great.  I guess my only hiccup was i used collection list pages from an earlier tutorial and they came back not in a grid anymore.  I got around it by making a flyout menu instead and keeping those pages on the side in case there becomes a fix for this.  Got some new orders and made some video sharing on youtube and tok tok and instagram.  POD products are great from so many companies.  I am currently investigating selling on amazon.  No sales but traffic has improved.  I may start a blog on the site too.  I am very excited about all the new chatter about shopify and the pod community.  http://bluedaisyemporium.com 

Reply 1 (1)
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
3780 748 788

Hello @Cindy_Boyd, I'm so happy that you had invested time and efforts to improve. I have some comments and hope you could see through and check whether it's suitable for your site or not.

1. The front page

- The menu bar with full of info and options for customers, is great for customers know your selling products. However, too much information sometimes confuses customers, and makes them can not concentrate on the right info. 

I suggest you divide the menu bar into two parts. The first line includes Home, Main, About Us, Discount programmes, Fall collection... and the second line contains product categories you are selling.

You should have a fixed menu bar that will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will 't have to scroll up and down again and again whenever they want to explore your website more.

fb 18.png

- The first pictures should be considered carefully as they decides the first impressions of customers on your page. Carousel is suggested to choose as the format for those first pictures. 

fb 19.png

3. Add Shipping and Return Information and Show Estimated Delivery Date - Many customers don’t want to wait until checkout to know when they’ll receive their order, and showing the Estimated Delivery Date helps users to estimate when they can expect to receive their order.

4. In the product page: 

Add a Quickview/AddtoCart button on the products on your collection and home pages: Having a Quickview button option on your collection page will make it easier for your customers to view more of your products. When they are able to easily preview and read the product details without going to the product page, they are more likely to view more products and which in turn can increase their chances of making a purchase. Most themes already have a Quickview/Quickshop option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it.

5.  Add Live Chat
Live chat is a great way to enhance the conversion rate on your page. According to Shopify, "Merchants that respond to a customer's chat within 5 minutes are 69% more likely to get a sale from the shopper."

Please mark as a solution if you find my comments helpful. Thanks and Good luck.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Have not had your Shopify store yet? Start the 14-day free trial HERE
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!