My store: Critique is welcomed! fengserena.com

BarbaraM
Tourist
4 0 1

fengserena.com 

Hi guys! 
I'm sharing my store in the hope you guys give me any feedback, that helps me improve my store! English is not my native language, so I'm concerned I made some grammar mistakes. My main target is in the US. If you found any errors, please let me know! 
Besides that, do you have any tips to make it look better?

This is my first store and I built it all myself, with no prior knowledge in any of this matter! My studies are in law. Now, I'm just learning everything on youtube as I go! I'm really proud and happy. I believe anyone can do it. 

Thank you in advance for taking the time! Appreciate you. I'll also gladly take a look at your store if you want! Just drop the link! 

fengserena.com 

Much love!

Barbara

Replies 4 (4)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1946 271 1428

Hi @BarbaraM 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I like how you have:

• Clear homepage structure
  • Beautiful product image (generate professionalism vibe)
  • Product image hover Coupon pop-up

I also have some comments and suggestions for you to better your store: 

1. Have an announcement bar

Basically, the announcement bar will announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store. You could use the most of your space to promote your store (even within your store)

2. Make the menu sticky
A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently.

3. Hero section 

- You should have a clickable CTA, right now the hero section is just an image with a button image that cannot be clicked (which would be confusing to visitors since what you are trying to convince them to shop?)

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 9.27.45 AM.png

4. Section heading should be the same

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 9.32.16 AM.png

Section heading should be in the same format. 

5. Product Section

- You could add star rating for each product

6. Separate newsletter section

- A good website layout should be separated. You can simply do that by change the background color of the newsletter section since it has completely different usage from the latter which is to showcasing the products. With all that, color contrast can effective separate different option, items, or interactive zones, that means work as a visual divider.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 9.38.18 AM.png

7. Add more section for an informative homepage

7.1 Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

7.2 Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

7.3 Add featured products, featured collection

• Showing many product lines could help you in introducing your brand better to new visitors. If they dont feel like you got what they want (even when you have it), they will leave *psst* bounce rate.

8. Making people sign up

- Listing benefits of your newsletter is kinda old-fashion way to "trick" people to sign-up, not mention that it make your section visual look kinda weird. I'd suggest you offer them a kind of "bait" -  it could be a discount code or a pdf brochure on how to better the mind - whatever you think your target customer would love. 

We have this email webinar that provides many insightful tips on getting opt-in and optimize your email strategy, you can check it here for more tips: https://pagefly.io/pages/event 

9. Promotion incentive for holiday season

BFCM is coming. You can amplify your sales in holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page.

---

If you want more flexibility to personalize your pages, I'd love to introduce our product PageFly Landing Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope give us a try.

If you find my comment useful, please let me know by giving it a Like. Thank you!

PageFly

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

waytoapps
Navigator
475 39 191

Hello @BarbaraM 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a Logo which gives Identity and it separates you from the competition.

Organize footer section with minimizing empty space on it.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Make Social links open on new tab.

Update contact form with Contact us page.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Dropshipmate
Trailblazer
154 8 46

Hello @BarbaraM ,

I had viewed your website shortly and here are some of my points that I hope useful and you can implement on it easily.

Add Contact Us: Adding of contact page is always good thing, And using contact form is even better since users will be able to get in touch from within your website. And most of viewers are using searching, And giving important information to help identify where your store is located and how to get in touch is a must.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

Trust Badges: Trust badges your visitors know that your page is legitimate and that any data they share will be collected through secure third-party service providers. Your customers feel they can trust your website, And they are more likely to make a purchase.

I hope you will Enjoy on my feedback.

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
CutOutWiz
Navigator
401 28 152

Hello @BarbaraM 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. 

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz