My store is not making any sales

Anonymous
Not applicable
2002 0 0

Hi! I would like to ask my fellow Shopify users to please take a look at my store www.thehiphat.com. I would appreciate any feedback I can get. I am getting visitors but have not made any sales yet. 

Thanks! 

Replies 6 (6)
waytoapps
Navigator
482 41 197

Hello @Anonymous 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a nice logo, it gives identity and separates from the competition.

Make a sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Expand the hero banner and add shop now(CTA) on it. As it gives first impression when customer lands on the homepage.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Add email subscription field at footer section.

Provide terms, shipping and other policies on the footer section.

Make social links open on new tab.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There are no reviews on your products. Add product review app so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
DlvrUS
Tourist
5 0 1

I agree with the other feedback.  Your product is a logo in itself.  Have someone make a logo on Fiverr or use Looka to make your own or some of the shopify apps.  I would do a black hat with the strap as negative white space and your company name in that space.  Also, let us know why you love these hats and the people that make them so much?  Did you take a trip to Panama and these hats are symbol of that experience?     

Are you getting abandoned carts? Those are usually due to shipping times and shipping costs.  Any way you can reduce shipping time?

Good Luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable
2002 0 0

Thank you very much for your time and suggestions! 

I will look into them in more detail. Just FYI, Panama Hats are originally from Ecuador. On one of our tabs you get all the information on the process it takes to make every single hat. 

Regards, 

Anonymous
Not applicable
2002 0 0

Thank you very much for your time and suggestions! I will look into them with more detail and try to implement some. I really appreciate it! 

Regards, 

UpPromote
Shopify Partner
86 2 14

Hi @Anonymous,

I totally you are just starting your business. Firstly, congratulation for your first step. It would be hard at the beginning. Most other business would be same as you when beginning, and now they are successful. So be patient!

I have just gone through your store website:

Plus point:

- Your products are wonderful and interested

- The layout of the page is clear

- You include enough information for customer, especially payment method information in the footer

I know one of most popular reasons why merchants got 0 sale in several months is about marketing strategy. Someone got trouble in store design, however, someone feel confused when choosing the right marketing strategy for their stores. 

For example, have you tried to tell your brand story via "About us" section. You can inspire your energy, passionate to your customers via your story. And you also can promote your amazing products as well.

Regarding marketing strategy, I think you should spend first priority to find the methods which brings positive results with no risky and low cost. It much better for you at this time.

1. Run Facebook ads

Running ads such as Facebook ads, or Instagram ads, even Google ads are popular methods to viral your products faster. You can get more knowledge and experience hereFacebook Ads for beginners. With Google Ads, you can easily attract target customers that are looking for the products you are selling. You can set your ads with different keywords, or banner as well. However, you should consider it because it is not really a potential choice for starters. The reason is that you might cost a lost of money to run for long term. In some specific case, if it don't bring positive traffics for you, you also need to pay fee to maintain them. We know it because we know many customers get same issues. 

2. SEO

One of the most important functions of SEO is increasing visibility, which means making it easier for prospects to find you when they search for something you have to offer. Visibility is directly related to your ranking. The ultimate reason SEO is essential is that it can help you achieve many of your business goals. SEO can help you drive more people to your site, give you an edge over the competition, and increase conversions, which means more sales, more loyal customers, and more growth for your business. You can use SEO apps from Shopify app store such as SEO Booster ‑ SEO Marketing to support you in developing SEO marketing campaign.

3. Using affiliate marketing

My recommendation is that you should think about another safer and suitable methods for your business. Affiliate marketing could be a good option for your.  Affiliate marketing is a marketing model which allows you to connect with various affiliates, and then they will use their advertising sources such as social media channels, websites, blogs, etc, to promote your products. You only need to pay affiliate commission whenever a customer makes a purchase via the unique link or coupon associated with their recommendation.

How to publish your affiliate registration on your menu bar?

You can add the affiliate registration form on the shop menu, so any visitors who visit your site can easily approach your affiliate campaign.

Your affiliate can create an account and log in right in your shop, which is really simple and convenient.

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 13.20.54.png

The advantages of affiliate Marketing compared with other methods

1. Low investment but high cost effective

In fact, affiliate marketing does not need a huge amount to build a customer service team, or running advertising. This campaign helps to mitigate any risks that drive traffic or run social ads with little or no result for your Shopify business, while also ensuring that merchants achieve what they pay for.

In fact, whereas a poor marketing campaign that sends you low quality results will still need to be paid for, even if you make no sales. However, affiliate marketing ensures your marketing is cost effective and helps to reduce the risk of “leaking out” money for an uncertain market. 

2. Make extra income

The main advantage of affiliate marketing is that the income is entirely performance-based. This is because affiliates are only paid a commission when a purchase has taken place. That means if the affiliates have an ineffective campaign, it won’t affect your budget. 

The affiliates understand that driving huge traffic of potential customers will help to increase sales conversion. For this reason, the affiliates will spend much effort to build effective social platforms, promotion or boosting posts of your products in a better way to attract customers. The more efficiently they work, the more commission they generate, and the more sales you earn. 

UpPromote_1-1634365236318.png

3. Brand Awareness

A research reported that 92% of customers trust the recommendations of people, companies or influencers they know. For this reason, working directly with affiliate marketers who then promote your products to their established audience, brings more opportunities and more direct sales. The plus of affiliate marketing is to expand out into new markets that you haven't explored, giving your brand a much stronger online presence.

4. SEO Value

Publishers (the affiliates) link to your website to send traffic your way. Provided they aren’t spammy, these links are usually beneficial for your off-page SEO efforts, since inbound links are a huge factor in Google’s ranking algorithm.

5. Customer Data

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing provides you valuable data and insight into how, where and why your customers are buying, which you can then use to make smarter marketing decisions in the future across other channels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope my recommendation will be helpful for you. If you are still looking for a marketing tool to boost your sales greatly, I hope you can try our product: UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing 

If these feedbacks are valuable and helpful, kindly give us a "Like" or mark it as a solution. Be patient with your business and good luck!

All the bests,

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

Build. Manage. Succeed with Affiliate Marketing

Ollie
Shopify Staff
434 49 74

Hey there.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have included the URL to your online store. While I was taking a look at your store, I noticed that you do not have an announcement bar on the homepage. This is a great tactic to use to encourage your customers to make a purchase. As for example, you can add the announcement bar to inform your customers that you have a free shipping offer or discount available.

You have a beautiful store, by the way! I would suggest adding a featured product section to the homepage as this will allow your customers to view one of the products once they have loaded the store. Another good way to showcase the products on your store is to use a slideshow section to appear under the header of the store.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Happy to help out where we can!

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog