My store

Solved
PlatIceDragon
Tourist
5 1 1

Good afternoon fellow store owners 

I launched my site a little over a month ago and while I am getting pretty good traffic 

I have only made 1 sale and that was from a work colleague so I guess it's not relevant.

I would like some honest feedback and advice - not from random people trying to sell me SEO strategies,

Premium themes, and other ways to part me from my wallet.

This is my webshop -  pidragon-digitalart-ltd.co.uk

please let me know where I am going wrong? 

Paul (Director Platinum Ice Dragon - Digital Art Ltd)

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 43 58

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @PlatIceDragon.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some store feedback. First off, I love the colour scheme and overall design of the shop, specifically your homepage. I do notice that it looks like your logo at the header of your shop is a bit blurry:

If you are using a Shopify theme, I would recommend referencing our helpful Uploading images guide to ensure you are uploading your photos per our recommended resolutions and aspect ratios for best quality. If you are using a third-party theme, it may have different resolution requirements and I would recommend reaching out to the developers of your theme to clarify this. Most of the photos on your homepage and product images look great, however, there are a few on the homepage that may appear slightly blurry as well, such as this one: 

I love that you have included your store policies in the footer of your shop, however, I do not see or am missing your Shipping policy:

In regards to your shop seeing traffic, but not getting many sales yet, this is certainly something that many shops go through. You mentioned not wanting to see a lot of information about SEO, however, have you ensured that you have optimized your shop for search engines already? I will not harp on this too much but we do have a great guide here that you may want to check out that offers great information you can implement in regards to your store's SEO if you are interested. 

Some additional questions you can ask of yourself and shop in regards to building traffic and sales are: 

1. Is your main navigation easy to use?
  2. Does your visual brand look professional?
  3. Does your homepage have a clear call to action?
  4. Does your website look just as good on your mobile phone?
  5. Are shoppers adding products to their cart?
  6. Are shoppers abandoning their cart?
  7. Is price or payment options stopping them from checking out?

These questions come directly from our fantastic article here, which talks about when stores are receiving decent traffic but not seeing many sales in return. It offers some really great and in-depth suggestions and I recommend looking into it further for some potential ideas moving forward.

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PlatIceDragon
Tourist
5 1 1

Hi Marty, thank you for taking time out to reply to my questions

The "Icedragon" logo on the top is supposed to depict an icy aura around my logo and is in fact over 2000pix in quality so I am a little surprised that it is appearing blurry.

You have really given me a lot of information and guidance and for this, I appreciate your input. 

I am very new to this whole POD and having my own business and am somewhat green when it comes to a lot of the marketing and promotion blurb.

I am trying to get my head around it all.

Many thanks 

Paul 

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 43 58

Hi, @PlatIceDragon.

Anytime Paul! I really enjoyed checking out the shop, it looks like you are offering some really cool products. Please do not hesitate to reach back out anytime with any questions, we are always happy to chat with our merchants. 

PlatIceDragon
Tourist
5 1 1

@Marty 

I have added a shipping policy to my site and implemented some additional changes that you have suggested.

I have been talking with a so-called "Shopify Expert" they've told me for £77 they can do a blast campaign and email drop to generate sales.

They've guaranteed success - and have provided a screenshot of a supposedly successful store they've worked on.

I am 40 and not naive so I'm incredibly cautious about internet scams.

Would you suggest I am being overly cautious - or to avoid this like the plague?

They've got a Fiverr account so seems legitimate

Thanks for your time - I added the Shopify store that was supposedly helped to see if you can see if they're genuine.

Thanks 

Paul243102021_709617366662011_2896522311583975439_n.jpg

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 43 58

Hi, @PlatIceDragon.

It's good to hear from you again Paul, I would be happy to offer you some further insight into this. I do not think you are being overly cautious here, I think it's very easy to be wary of anyone (expert or not) promising big returns.  Especially for a relatively small cost of $77 (Which may even be a larger sum of money for others). While I cannot speak about any Shopify stores directly, of course, that screenshot does show some very impressive numbers and the main thing I would ask you is if you found this "Expert" via our Shopify Experts page directly, or via a different avenue, like Fivver as you mentioned?

If you found the expert via our official Shopify experts page, you can rest easy knowing that these individuals are at least vetted by us here at Shopify directly. Where, third-party "experts" such as ones who advertise on Fiverr or youtube, may not always be the best choice due to lack of experience or platform knowledge. So while it is a gamble anytime you utilize third-party sources for traffic or marketing help, I would certainly start by making sure you have read the individuals' past reviews and discuss any stipulations you may be worried about when hiring them. I should also preface the above by saying, this by no way means that a non-Shopify expert-based individual could not be a great asset if hired to help out with marketing and promotions or design of a Shopify store. 

So as you can see by my response, it really depends on what you are willing to do in regards to the shop. You could certainly hire some extra help to get that potential boost of marketing promotion or traffic, or you could continue focusing on building your growth over time utilizing paid ads, word of mouth, social media and email campaigns for example. 

I hope this bit of information helps you in your decision moving forward. Please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have, I am always happy to brainstorm!

PlatIceDragon
Tourist
5 1 1

Hi, @Marty 

Marty thank you for your reply, you have in part alleviated my concerns and reinforced my reasons to be cautious.

The "expert" contacted me via a Facebook post I made on the Shopify group page. I think they're looking for an easy target, and I am anything but.

I will reach out to this community as it's reassuring to know they've been vetted and won't take my money and run...

Again thank you for the advice

Paul 

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 43 58

Hi, @PlatIceDragon.

My pleasure, as always! That said, the community is of course a wonderful place to gather support from friendly community pros, experts as well as Shopify folk. Feel free to visit our Shopify Experts page by clicking here, where you can look into vetted experts to help you and your shop with anything from marketing and promotions to store design if you so desire. 

Feel free to reach out anytime, we are always happy to chat!