6 0 0

Do you think my store is ready to go?

Replies 12 (12)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 98

Hi, @JBIB.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer some feedback for your shop. Can you provide your store URL so I can take a look? 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JBIB
6 0 0
Ac11
Tourist
13 0 2

Your store is password protected.

JBIB
6 0 0

Yes

Ac11
Tourist
13 0 2

How are people going to review it if its locked by a password? Maybe you should take the password off so people can give you feedback. 

JBIB
6 0 0

It's not activated so I should activated the site?

Ac11
Tourist
13 0 2

Maybe shopify support can help you further. But ya its just a matter of taking your password off. You can search for that in the search bar on your shopify dashboard.

JBIB
6 0 0

I made it live let me know what you think thanks https://just-becasue-im-black.myshopify.com/

Ac11
Tourist
13 0 2

Wow looks really good! With some affiliate marketing that suites your niche you will definitely get sales. Good job. (:

A couple things though, why is BRAND capitalized on the home page? 

Also you need to properly link your socials in the footer

And your About and FAQ pages are blank

Lastly, make sure your contact form leads to the right email. 

JBIB
6 0 0

Thanks for the feed back 

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
743 68 265

Hello @JBIB 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Organize the header section with minimizing empty space on it. Logo is huge, make it bit smaller.

Add more options like about us, contact us etc. on the header section.

Make a sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

On hero banner customer should be able to click to navigate to the collections page. Add shop Now(CTA) on it.

Add testimonials or reviews on the homepage.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Update contact us page with more contact details of your store.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There is no customer review option on the products. Install Product review app from the Shopify app store, so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 98

Hi, @JBIB.

Thank you for providing your store URL, I really enjoyed checking out your shop. Overall, you have a good-looking shop here and it looks like you are offering some really great products. That said, I do have some suggestions that you can look into for improving the shop. First, it looks like your logo and store title are a little blurry, or low-resolution:

I would recommend reviewing our Uploading Images guide to ensure you are uploading your images as per our recommendations to ensure optimal image and logo quality. If you are using a third-party theme, it may be best to reach out to the developers of your theme as they may have different image requirements than one of our Shopify themes. 

I would encourage adding an Announcement Banner to your shop, I am not sure if this is one and you are simply using it for a quote in relation to your store name currently?

If so, I am assuming you are just using this as a placeholder and will update the banner with any sales information for your customers. However, if this is not an announcement banner, I would consider adding one to your shop to share important information with your customers. If you are using a Shopify theme, you may have this feature built into your theme, feel free to check out our guide about adding an announcement banner here. You might add an announcement bar to highlight the following information:

• any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments
  • any new or updated policy pages
  • any promotions being offered at this time, such as sales or new gift cards

As mentioned by one of our friendly community members, your social links are currently linking back to our Shopify documents and websites, you will want to ensure you are linking the correct social media accounts to this area:

You also are missing your "About Us" information:

Feel free to check out our helpful guide that talks about writing an effecting "About Us" page here, if you are curious. Having this information on your shop will help customers get to know you and your brand and help build customer trust and retention for your shop. Once you have done this, I would also consider adding your about us information to the main menu of your shop as well, just to give your customers quicker access to it. 

Lastly, I noticed you do not currently have any store policies listed on your shop anywhere. You can add or generate the following policies for your Shopify store:

• Refund policy
  • Privacy policy
  • Terms of service
  • Shipping policy
  • Legal notice

We have a helpful guide about adding store policies here, where you can go over your options in more detail. We also have a specific page that walks you through how you can use our policy generator tool if you are having trouble writing them. 

I hope this information helps you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help out! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog