Navigation main menu not showing all collections

eroelofson
8 0 0

Hello,

We are currently using the canopy theme, and are having trouble showing all of the collections in the navigation main menu. We currently have 12 collections on-site, but only 11 collections are showing in the main menu feature. Is there any way we could edit the code so it includes all collections? I've already added all 12 collections to the menu items but it does not include the collection at the bottom of the order.

Replies 11 (11)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

Hey, @eroelofson 

I'd be happy to help today. In order to do so I'll need the following information from you:

1. Could you provide me with the link to your store?

2. Which is the name of the collection that is not showing?

3. A screenshot of the menu page that you use as your main menu navigation at the top of your store? This is in your Admin > Online Store > Navigation > Select the menu in question.
Example: 

27-31-10334-54026

4. A second screenshot from within your theme editor (Admin > Online Store > Theme > Customize). From there, click on the header section and take a screenshot of the 'Menu' section.

Example:

27-34-28958-57501

With that information, we can isolate any potential causes and go from there. Thanks!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

eroelofson
8 0 0
1. https://historygiftstore.com/
2. Export Porcelain
3/4. Attached images below
[image: image.png]

Hope this helps! Thanks!

eroelofson
8 0 0

1. https://historygiftstore.com/

2. Export Porcelain

3. Attached image below

menu page.PNG

4. Attached image below

menu section.PNG

Hope this helps! Thanks!
eroelofson
8 0 0

@Dirk just letting you know I posted the information above, thanks!

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

Thanks, @eroelofson.

I'm wondering if this third-party theme has some sort of cut-off in place. What happens if you move the ~Export Porcelain~ up on the navigation so that the ~Just Added~ menu item is now at the bottom. Does that menu item now disappear?

Secondly, from your Admin > Navigation page, do you happen to have two menu's called Main Menu? Another common issue is if you have a third-party header navigation app. You would need to go into the app to make sure you added ~Export Porcelain~ in there as well.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

eroelofson
8 0 0

Hello @Dirk,

After moving ~Export Porcelain~ up in the navigation main menu, and placing the ~Just Added~ collection at the bottom of the main menu, the ~Just Added~ collection in the navigation header did not move.

Secondly, we only have one main-menu in our navigation pane. As far as I know, we do not have a third-party header navigation app being used in our store. If you have any other ideas or solutions that would be great!

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

Hey, @eroelofson 

Thanks for getting back to me. I can see today that you have the ~Export Porcelain~ now showing on your site. What was the cause? 

Based on your previous message it sounds like it's possible you had two navigation menu's called "Main Menu" and that the one you were making edits to wasn't the one associated with your theme in it's theme editor. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

eroelofson
8 0 0

Hello @Dirk,

I simply placed the ~Export Porcelain~ above the ~Just Added~ in the main menu navigation. Whatever collection is at the bottom of the list seems to be cut off, no matter the category. If you got to our website now you will see ~EP~ but you will not see ~JA~ collection.

As far as I know, we did not have two navigations called "Main Menu". I have been making the edits directly to the one main menu navigation, and the problem is still occuring.

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

That does seem strange, @eroelofson. What theme do you happen to be using? I'd like to see if I can replicate your issue on my end. 

eroelofson
8 0 0

Hello @Dirk,

We are currently using the theme "Canopy". In addition, if you find this information useful, we currently have 12 collections pinned into the main menu navigation as well. Hope this helps! 

eroelofson
8 0 0

Hello @Dirk, it's been a while, any feedback on what solution to try next? Thank you and have a great day.