Need fast organic traffic for shopify store

NJ5280
2 0 2

Our company Edible Gurls launched our merch website a few months ago. We have been having difficulty getting more visitors to our store. We have exhausted our close referrals(friends and family) but are finding it tough to acquire new customers. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated

edible-gurls.myshopify.com 

Replies 9 (9)
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1275 176 849

Hi @NJ5280 ,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert of PageFly - a Free Landing Page Builder for more than 100.000 Shopify merchants and I would love to give some feedback about your store based on my experience. Here comes my initial thoughts: 

What is good:

- My 1st impression of your store is designed professionally, it looks good and I am clear about what you sell. Also, the colors of the texts are striking and easy to focus on. 

- You include collections and products on the Home page, which leads customers to your collection and product page. 

- I really highly appreciate that you include sections such as the sticky menu, the Search bar, add to cart button, etc, and Policy & Privacy in the footer as it makes your website more professional and credible to your customers. 

What should be improved:

I. Homepage:

1. Change the background color of the button

RichardNguyen_2-1629254282235.png

Firstly, because your Hero banner is red, if the button has a similar color, the Call-to-action button will take less effect. You can consider changing the Red color to another color to make your button more striking.  

2. Add a section to introduce your store on the Home page

I highly recommend you should add a section to introduce your store to customers. I notice that you have an About us page so you should take the content from that page and add an image.

3. Add testimonials:

Testimonial is a powerful section that builds customers' trust and encourages them to make a purchase. Therefore, it's highly recommended that you should include this on your homepage and product page.

You can refer to our BFCM template

RichardNguyen_1-1629253723859.png

To add reviews to your page, you can consider using third-party reviews apps such as Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, etc. We have a detailed article about the best Shopify review apps that you can take a look at. 

II. Product page:

You can consider adding a section called "Recently viewed" products. Maybe when customers view a product, they find interest in it but want to see others to explore. So if you show the products they viewed before on the product page, it's an ideal way to encourage them to make a purchase.

Above are some of my feedback on your store. Hope you will find something valuable. Honestly, you are doing well, and please keep moving. 

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

I’m going to attempt to paint you a picture but I’m neither a writer or an artist so it might be hard to follow but here it goes …

You either need really deep pockets or too become an influencer.

Since the influencer is the most profitable, funnest, and hardest I’ll go that route.

You join some forums where your potential clients hang out and you talk about all that green stuff.

You answer questions, talk but you never talk about your product, you just add it to your signature and ignore it.

You create blogs, videos, and such were you can expand on topics people find interesting and you create landing pages for these videos so you can send people from the forum to these videos to expand on the information.

This is where you ask people to sign up for your newsletter but you don't do it on your home page with a pop-up.

You should never use entry pop-ups.

They do more damage to user experience than just about anything other than load times.

They enter your site with a goal and an idea and you break their train of thought and take them out of the zone with your pop-up.

You’re putting up a barrier between your visitors and the information they’re seeking.

And exit pop-ups destroy brand credibility, it's a lot like spamming … it works but in the long run it’ll destroy your reputation.

They make you seem needy and insecure.

Ethan Zuckerman, the creator of the pop-ups apologized in 2014 for creating “one of the most hated tools” in online marketing.

It's bad for the web, it’s a bad marketing practice.

The fact that pop-up blockers are built into many browsers confirms this.

After market ad-block extensions are further proof.

Get rid of the pop-ups and force yourself to build a stronger, healthier content strategy.

I’m in a flow state, you’ve seamlessly taken me from a forum topic I was interested in to a video and now that I’ve watched the video you're telling me you’ve got a pdf you can send me as well …in exchange for my email.

Just to make a note, your not giving me anything ... I'm buying it with my email address.

Now in the pdf you’ll figure out a way to mention something you want to sell, on this topic but only quickly in passing and on topic with what you're talking about … other words without breaking the flow.

Everything you do, every picture you use and every comment you make should have a purpose, a goal to it.

Every image should be custom, unique, optimized for search engines, social media sites, load times, and web visitors.

Every image has potential for free traffic and should be linked to the appropriate landing page.

Every millisecond, every pop-up, every link has the potential of breaking the flow and for this reason alone you should never ever link out to social media sites.

If that isn’t reason enough then the fact that they destroy load times should help.

Your website takes 18.2 seconds to fully load.

Google says 53% of mobile users abandon sites that takeover 3 seconds to load.

Google also limits the number of crawlers if your server is slower than two seconds.

And Google won’t rank that website for any kind of decent keyword.

All it takes is milliseconds to snap someone out of the zone.

And footer links to social media sites just makes no sense.

1.) They bleed pagerank and hurt your Google’s rankings.

2.) They could get you fined in California.

3.) And they send your traffic to a site you don’t control.

You want to get traffic from the social media sites and not send traffic to the social media sites.

And tests by major corporations have shown that they actually hurt more than they help with regards to likes and shares …the only reason for having them.

And sliders cause banner blindness, divide the user’s attention, and every test shows they hurt conversions.

They are next to useless for users and get ‘skipped’. 

A study by Notre Dame University web developer Erik Runyon showed their slider received a click-through rate of barely 1% and 90% of those clicks were on the first image.

Beaconfire conducted a similar study with four different clients’ websites. The CTR on these four sites was well under 1%, and again, the first slide in the rotation got the dominant amount of clicks.

Change that to a Hero image and it’ll improve load times.

Add a call to action that touches on a problem I’m having and you’ll have my attention and the potential to put me back in the zone.

Dizisi
Excursionist
35 0 11

Hello. Open a channel on YouTube, and try to attract traffic to your site in this way. To do this, you need to create your own videos that would show the advantage of your products. Such videos can be created for free on Vimeo, there are many more free video services, I just gave this one as an example.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @NJ5280This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are few tips to get organic traffic for your shopify store:

There are 2 methods to bring traffic to your store. Organic methods & Inorganic methods.

Organic methods- It brings traffic to the website in a longer period & takes time. Some of the organic methods are blog regularly, use long-tail keywords, use internal links, get your meta down, create quality content regularly, post engaging posts on social media regularly, start guest blogging. 

Inorganic methods- It helps in bringing a good amount of traffic in the very short term. It includes paid ads like Facebook ads, Instagram ads, google ads.

Paid ads are the most effective source to drive traffic and a good amount of visitors to the store and for converting that traffic into sales, make sure your website is engaging enough to entice your customers & convert them into paying customers. Give Loyalty points and rewards to the customers. Use Email marketing, customer segmentation which will help you to send targeted emails with workflow automation. It will help you to increase conversions and sales. Also, you can give rewards to your customers. Web push notification helps you to retarget your customers to send updates to your customers even when they are not in your store.

Just a heads up! Make sure to use enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Growave
Shopify Partner
1540 50 435

Hi @NJ5280 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. I would recommend you to take into consideration eCommerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Social Login

Include Social Login buttons anywhere on your Shopify site and enable one-click sign-up or login to your Shopify store. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts.

• Add Testimonials /  Reviews

I haven't seen any reviews at your Shopify shop. I suggest collecting reviews for client trust and social evidence. Testimonials are significant for new purchasers, bounce rate, and abandonment of shopping carts. Since you've launched the online shop recently, try to collect them through apps, depending on your budget. Through the app, your customer can leave a photo or text reviews and will be reminded to share opinions whenever you prefer.

11.png

• Add Rewards and Loyalty program
Engage your customers with their choice of rewards. You can set up a variety of discounts and let your customers spend their collected points more actively by finding the most affordable options for them. Let your loyal shoppers redeem their points and incentivize them with cool rewards like gift cards, sweet percentage discounts, flexible discounts, free shipping, etc. Engage with customers effectively and let them promote your brand. Motivate your guests and clients to leave reviews or log in with a social account.  Once you will have a customers base you can retarget them or give them the possibility to invite their friends through a referral program.

• Try paid add.

Paid form of ad is an effective way to expose your company’s name to a large audience. Paid targeting can be very specific and allows you to reach relevant visitors who are interested in plants and nature-related clothes. Analyze your audience to identify common factors such as keywords, locations, demographics, job titles, interests, and common topics and use this data to refine your paid campaigns and attracting more qualified leads.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. If you want to get all of them at an affordable price, try  Growave.  It includes Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

annamaria
Tourist
5 0 0

Backlinking is a must.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @NJ5280 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
sillycube
Shopify Partner
693 16 101

The fastest traffic is paid traffic. Most organic traffic sources are slow. Write blog posts, create attractive videos like tutorials, reviews, how-to, etc. 

If online stores pay for traffics, obviously traffics is a valuable resource like money. You have to earn the traffics just like money

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
annamaria
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you for your kind honest review on my website.

And thank you for your kind advice.

I think my dear friend fir reviews to flood in will take some time....never the less thank you indeed.

🙂 anna - familydeli.co.uk Ceo6