Need feedback for my store

AnisMurgic
Excursionist
19 0 12

Hello guys!

so i have started a fully sustainable clothing brand and launched it about a week ago. I started running facebook ads and many people are clicking on my ads and going to my website, but im not making any sales. Theres only a few add to carts happening. I would like to know if you see any problems on my site stopping people from buying the products, and if you do please let me know what, for example loading speed, price point, collection page, store look Etc... THANKS

STORE: Obligationclothing.com

Replies 4 (4)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @AnisMurgic,

Sorry to hear that you've been spending on ads with no return. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

obligation-01.png

SHIPPING ERROR
At checkout, it appears that you ship worldwide. However, when you move to payment, your get a shipping error (I entered a Canadian address).
“This order can’t be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information.”
I would recommend going through on the back end and removing any areas you don’t currently ship to.

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

PRODUCTS
I can see you have plans to expand your line, you have long sleeved as coming soon. However, I would say that your current selection is a sparse. You have the same t-shirt in a few color options and that is it.

screencapture-obligationclothing-collections-t-shirts-1-2021-08-18-10_04_27.png

As you know, t-shirts can be purchased offline in hundreds of retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for an organic cotton t-shirt in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery. I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store. 

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

Overall, great job! Your store looks very professional and trustworthy. I'd look at the shipping issue and also check my ads to make sure you aren't running them to locations you don't ship to, as well as making sure you are targeting people who care about what you do and expand your product offers when you can.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

AnisMurgic
Excursionist
19 0 12
Hello! Thank you guys for the reponse, very detailed and i much appreciate
it. I am looking at doing tik tok and reels and i love that idea,
especially because we are sustainable i feel the content in natute could be
great! Im just having a hard time figureing out what content to post, and
also how i would post it. Im obviously very small at the moment and looking
to get some people to help me out, anyway thanks again!
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @AnisMurgic,

100%! For TikTok, download the app and get to learn what sounds are trending and what skits people are doing and adapt it to your business.

The main thing you want to keep in mind when creating content is how can you serve your audience? What are people who are interested in sustainable fashion interested in/care about?

It might be putting together looks (using your products), it might be education on sustainable fashion, it could be being vulnerable and giving a look behind the scenes at starting/running your business. You can take a look at other accounts in your niche and get ideas as well. At the end of the day, serve your audience and the sales will come.

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

thevista888
Explorer
65 0 21

I just said "wow", keep working 🙂