Need feedback on my Shopify store overall quality

Jenean
2 0 0

Hi and thank you in advance for any response. I opened my 1st Shopify store about 5 months ago ...i have not received one sale as of yet. I have have 889 store sessions at this point. I did not realize the importance of having a marketing strategy in place beforehand being that I am very new to this. I recently completed a paid intro to facebook marketing crash course & set up my 1st funnel & I am also speaking with Pinterest about advertising next week so I know how to get traffic i guess...i just need to covert them . I am in search of feedback on the overall look of my store ..does it look professional, are my themes and images good quality, does the store look trustworthy, is it loading at a decent speed for you ?  Do the prices seem too high for children’s clothing? Are the navigation menus organized enough? Do my legal pages suffice?Should I add more products to have  more of a selection  ? I’ve recently added a few more products and edited the look of some of the pictures ..added more angles to images... I’m also considering adding a product slideshow to homepage but not sure how or if I can work the debut theme... any advice will help! I can’t put my finger on the issue but am in need of emergency assistance Thank you.  Website: www.Junebuggies.com

Replies 5 (5)
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
131 14 48

Hi @Jenean ,

Hi,
I visited your website. your products and web design are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:
- add a best seller category
- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)

hori_tran_0-1637382238847.png

- Change the image background to highlight the text

hori_tran_1-1637382318770.png

- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat
-  Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and a lower price next to the original one or to attract customers (on both the homepage and the product page)

hori_tran_2-1637382426941.png

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year:  https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)
- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.
- Add Google Analytics to track customers visiting your site

- Footer: add factors that make your customer trust, such as:

+ add your social media

+ "Our Company": About Us, Contact Us, Terms Of Service, Privacy Policy, DMCA Request

+ "Help Center": Size Charts, Payment Methods, Cancellation & Modification, Shipping, Delivery, Track Your Order, Returns and Refunds, FAQs

+ "Get In Touch": mail, support time, warehouse,...

- One thing I noticed while on your website, was that you have Powered by Shopify in your footer. here is how you can remove that:
Step 1. Navigate to your Online Store > Themes section of your admin.
Step 2. In the Action drop-down menu next to your current theme, select Edit Languages.
Step 3. In the Search Translations bar next to Filter please type in "power".
Step 4. Under Powered by Shopify, in the text bar, just put in a single space. This will erase the Powered by Shopify.
In the top right corner, select Save.

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
waytoapps
Navigator
467 37 187

Hello @Jenean 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

• Add a nice logo which gives Identity and it also separates you from the competition.
  • Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.
  • Organize header options with adding dropdown menu. It looks professional.
  • Display testimonials/reviews on the homepage. 
  • Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.
  • Promote your products on social platforms and provide those social links on the footer section.
  • Make social links open on new tab.
  • Organize the widgets (chat, reward), as they are overlapping.waytoapps_0-1637394831778.png
  • Update contact us page with more details, it builds trust on your store.
  • You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.
  • There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
  • There is no customer review option on the products. Install Product review app from the Shopify app store, so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.
  • You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.
Thanks,
Waytoapps
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1932 268 1411

Hello @Jenean,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 120.000 active Shopify merchants.

You can refer to this article to get more tips to personalize your e-commerce store. Or this guide to know how to optimize conversion rate for your store.

Firstly, you should check your store speed because when I open your website, it takes a while to load the hero banner. This effect badly your customers' experience. You can use Google Speed Insight tool to check and optimize the performance of your site.

I just saw your homepage and want to give you some advices. You know, homepage is the most important page to drive your customers' attraction in your store. No matter what the demand is, people are more likely to start their journey from a homepage. I hope it helps.

1. The font

You use a font named "Shadows Into Light" for headings and product names, right? I think it is not good in UX because it's quite hard to read. I suggest you to use a more simple font so that customers can easily scan your page content.

2. The header

The header is too big and it's not necessary. Additionally, the header doesn't help catch your customers' attention, that is work of hero banner. A big header will occupy much space in "above the fold area" while you should spend it for a unique hero banner.

One more thing, you should revise the color combination. For example, with the promotion banner, obviously the grey text is not prominent on a dark red:

(1) Junebuggies 2021-11-20 21-49-08.png

3. The collection list

(1) Junebuggies 2021-11-20 21-50-12.png

You should use images with the same size. It makes your layout look more proportional and also makes the site look more professional. 

The Call to action. button is not prominent. It would be better if you add a while background to the button because it will stand out on the yellow background of the content section.

4. Add overlay color effect to the background image

It is really hard to see the text on this image:

(1) Junebuggies 2021-11-20 21-56-54.png

To fix this, you can consider one of these ways:

- Use a 2-column layout. Put the image in one column and text in another column

- Add an overlay color effect on background image so that the text can be seen easily.

5. Add product reviews/ testimonials

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. You can check this guide to know more about its benefits and how to make it effective.

You can consult Stellar template here about displaying testimonials:

PageFly_0-1637420399215.png

About product reviews, you can find lots of review apps on Shopify such as Judge.me, Loox, Stamped.io... They all work well with PageFly.

If you want more flexibility to personalize your pages, I'd love to introduce our product PageFly Landing Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope give us a try.

If you find my comment useful, please let me know by giving it a Like. Thank you!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

RobDan
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, IMO the overall look of your shop is just not good, it looks rather cheap. colors, fonts, the logo and many more items are not on a professional level. Get yourself a designer (from any of the freelancer portals out there) and let him redo the basics of your design - it will look much better with reasonable cost and time. Google Ads will help a lot to drive traffic, Pinterest might also work good (even without paid ads). Unsure about Facebook.

Cheers, Robert https://shop.25stundenbrot.at/ 

Jenean
2 0 0

Thank you very  much for your honest input...I will look into designers.