NEED FEEDBACK ON NEW SITE

cassandra3121
Tourist
4 0 0

HELLO,

I am  launching my jewelry website on Monday.  I am a one woman show, and really would like some input from professionals regarding things to improve and how to drive customers sales. I want to use the Broadcast theme and think it works well with the amount of inventory that I can utilize ; this is both a drop-ship company and POS as well.  I  would like  input before I spend the $280 for the theme.  Can you help me?  

Thank you!

Casandra

Replies 8 (8)
Dropshipmate
Trailblazer
154 8 46

Hello @cassandra3121 ,

Can you provide store URL?

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
cassandra3121
Tourist
4 0 0
Http://casanovagems.com...I would love to change theme to Broadcast, but
want feedback before I spend the $280.00. Password is cassiesgems

Thank you!
Cassandra
waytoapps
Navigator
478 41 193

Hello @cassandra3121 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

• Add a Favicon, which helps to find your store when customer had multiple tabs in their browser.
  • Add a nice Logo, it gives identity and it also separates you from the competition.
  • Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.
  • On the hero banner customer should be able to click on CTA button to navigate to the collection page/Product page .Add Shop now (CTA) on it.
  • Remove About us page from the home dropdown menu and mention it separately. 'Home' should be unique.
  • Display testimonial/Reviews on the homepage.
  • Promote your products on social platforms and attach those links to the social Icons on footer section.
  • Make social links open on new tab.
  • Add Contact us page with contact form and more details, which builds trust on your store.
  • Include blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.
  • You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.
  • There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
  • There is no customer review option on the products. Install Product review app from the Shopify app store, so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.
  • You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.
Thanks,
Waytoapps
cassandra3121
Tourist
4 0 0
Thank you for your feedback and advice!

Take care!
Cassandra
Gamerseo
Tourist
14 0 3

We agree with the previous speakers. We recommend the disposal of a thematic blog on e-comerce and seo. There are many blogs on the web (including ours ) that will help you gain the necessary knowledge.

We help by creating professional SEO and marketing services for the gaming industry
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
971 135 726

Hi @cassandra3121 

Congrats on your new store! I’m Richard Nguyen- CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. I’d like to give you some feedback and suggestions for over 100.000 merchants to help increase conversion rates for your store based on 6 years of experience.

I like how you have:

• Color overlay and underline hover for product list
  • Display social feed on the home page
  • Have clear Shipping and Refund information
  • Besides these things, I have some comments and suggestions for you:

1. Header and Banner image

I think you should invest in a Text logo that matches your niche and also, manage the menu navigation so that all the pages you put up there stay in 1 line. You can visit this store of our merchant that's also about jewelry.

Also, make a sticky header: 

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

So that when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

Haus de Casanova – Casanova Gems 2021-11-19 14-34-41.png

I like how your banner represents your style but I think it should be more be-spoken of an image or have a clear message about who you are and what you sell. Also, this section should have a CTA button to engage interaction between customers and your sites. 

2. Collection list and product list.

I think right below the 1st banner, you should have a trusted banner or a collection list. A collection list can inform your customer what categories you have. Besides the categories in the header, this collection list can make your store more visible. 

This list of images on your Homepage is unclickable. If it is a product list, then it won't have the product title, and also the images don't redirect to the product page. My suggestion here is to make this section a collection list that shows "Earing", "Bracelet", or "Rings" like the collection list at the bottom of the page. 

Haus de Casanova – Casanova Gems 2021-11-19 14-48-10.png

3. Product List

For the product list on Homepage, I think we can improve on:

Display a Secondary Thumbnail on Hover. I see that you have color overlay when mouse over effect, but a secondary image shows when mouse-over will give customers more details about your product and more suitable with such visual-driven products like yours. 

Users need as much visual information as they can get about products in the product list, and displaying only a single static image is a missed opportunity to provide additional visual details. 

One more suggestion is I think the View more button is too far from the list, consider making the same spacing as the one between title and product list.

Haus de Casanova – Casanova Gems 2021-11-19 14-48-41.png

For the product list on each collection page, Adding a CTA button like “Shop now" or “Add to cart" in the product list will also so help engage the interaction and maybe customers can purchase the product right at the collection page. 

4. Add Chatbox and Social proof Testimonials

They can be added to your homepage as well. Customers will feel more engaged in your store. And Testimonials can make your store more trustworthy. 

5. Product page

Display or Link to the Return Policy from the Main Product Page Content

Even if the return policy is located in the sitewide header or footer, it can be difficult to find. Customers will get hesitant to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.

The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy to read and clear for customers.

Provide more Product Images for All Products:
Users heavily rely on a variety of product images to inspect and evaluate products and decide if the product matches what they are seeking, but are sometimes not provided with sufficient visual information.
Always provide no fewer than 3–5 images for all products. For sites with vast product catalogs, focus more on providing sufficient images for the most important, most popular, and best-selling products.

Oxidized Oval Rainbow Moonstone Ring – Casanova Gems 2021-11-19 14-58-14.png

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check guides and blogs as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. 

You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

hori_tran
Shopify Partner
156 19 62

Hi @cassandra3121 ,

Hi,
I visited your website. your products and web design are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:
- add a best seller category
- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)
- Show promotion and a great shipping policy on the top

hori_tran_0-1637385143121.png

- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat and discount pop up
-  Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and a lower price next to the original one or to attract customers (on both the homepage and the product page)

hori_tran_1-1637385214141.png

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)
- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.
- Add Google Analytics to track customers visiting your site
- lacking favicon

- Footer: add factors that make your customer trust, such as:

+ add your social media

+ "Our Company": About Us, Contact Us, Terms Of Service, Privacy Policy, DMCA Request

+ "Help Center": Size Charts, Payment Methods, Cancellation & Modification, Shipping, Delivery, Track Your Order, Returns and Refunds, FAQs

+ "Get In Touch": mail, support time, warehouse,...

- One thing I noticed while on your website, was that you have Powered by Shopify in your footer. here is how you can remove that:
Step 1. Navigate to your Online Store > Themes section of your admin.
Step 2. In the Action drop-down menu next to your current theme, select Edit Languages.
Step 3. In the Search Translations bar next to Filter please type in "power".
Step 4. Under Powered by Shopify, in the text bar, just put in a single space. This will erase the Powered by Shopify.
In the top right corner, select Save.

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
cassandra3121
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you for information!