need help! lots of traffic, no add to carts

talwinder2295
1 0 0

Hi guys

This is my first ecommerce store. I've been running traffic ads to the website and that's been doing well. Cost per click is around $0.2 and CTR is around 1.7%

However, I'm not getting add to carts. I ran an add to cart conversion ad and it got me 8 add to carts in 1 day and then just stopped performing after that. 

store link: www.entrepreneurstyles.com

How can I fix my conversion rate?

You can remove about 200 visitors that came from other Shopify communities etc

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 11.08.41 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-10-08 at 11.08.47 AM.png

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
431 55 81

Hey, @talwinder2295!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome and thanks for posting! I'm glad to hear that business has been doing well so far, and I'd be happy to see how we can improve your shop's sales.

I took a peek at your store, and it looks great so far! I noticed that you offered a brief 'About' on your Home Page, but don't have a dedicated 'About Us' page. Is there a reason you haven't written one? The About Us page is your unique opportunity to sell your brand and business to a new visitor. It should consist of who you are, why you are (the problem your target audience faces), what you sell (the solution to their problem), and what your mission is. It seems as though that your target market is female entrepreneurs - which I so happen to be. How can you convince me why I should shop at your business, versus another entrepreneur-promoting brand? What makes your business different? I recommend checking out our handy guide for tips on how to take advantage of your About Us page here.

I see you've already added contact information in your footer. This is a great place to highlight that information; however, adding a contact page and/or Facebook Messenger might make you more accessible and improve visitor trust in your brand. If you add a contact page, it's a good idea to include a physical or mailing address there as well. One of the best ways to build rapport is to display product reviews on your product pages, so it may be a good idea to start collecting those from any existing and new orders!

Have you heard of the 30/30/30 social media rule? The idea is to spend 30% of your content marketing your business and products, 30% promoting others (this builds a sense of community within the industry), and 30% posting engaging content. This allows your Instagram to appear more like a magazine with some advertisements and encourage engagement, rather than an advertisement account which may cause you to lose followers. It looks all of your Instagram content is promoting your own products. Try engaging with other similar accounts, and check out our Grow Your Business With Instagram for more tips and tricks.

Analytics:

It's great that you've already been paying close attention to your Analytics. Before focusing on increasing conversion rates, we encourage merchants to start off with an initial goal of 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days to receive accurate conversion rates. For this reason, it may be best for you to focus on your marketing plan and consider the best ways to reach your buyer persona or ideal target market.

We generally link to see our merchants' conversion rate to be between 2-4%. If after increasing the traffic driven to your store, you're seeing that your conversion rate remains under 2% I suggest looking into your sessions over time report and adding a bounce rate column to see if those visitors are staying on your page. If your bounce rate is 70% or higher, it's often due to poor campaigning - and a great opportunity to consider whether you've been marketing towards your ideal audience. You can check out our Beginner's Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization when you're ready to improve your conversions.

I hope this helps! If there's anything I can clarify, please let me know.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1206 61 366

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here  

Where do your visitors come from mainly? Is it only ads? If you have Google Analytics installed, I'd be happy to review it for you and see which sources convert the best for you - you don't want to keep paying for traffic if it doesn't convert. You'd want to find where your buyers are coming from and increase traffic from those sources, which will automatically increase your conversion rate. If you already have Google Analytics integrated with your website, email me at: maggie@rockpapercopy.info and I'd be happy to review it for you.

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve complete website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/  

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Mihir_Gupta_
Shopify Partner
244 9 73

Hey there @talwinder2295 Your store looks pretty awesome! Having loads of traffic but not able to convert is natural. Here's what I suggest - 

1. You should try to reach out to people who visited your store, added items to their cart but didn't purchase the stuff. For 2-3 days try and remind them and next week onwards provide them a discount and see their response. 

2. For some time, you can try your hands on Instagram and pull some leads from there. In fact, I'll recommend you to go on Pinterest as well .. for apparels and phone covers stuff Pinterest and Instagram are 2 amazing platforms!

3. Are you selling on marketplaces? Or you're just dependent on traffic coming to your store otherwise? Depending on your target audience, you can connect with a number of marketplaces and start selling your products there .. I'm sure you'll get an amazing response! We can help you connect to marketplaces like - Amazon, Walmart, Facebook marketplace, CrazyEgg, and much more! 

Rest, all the very best for your store. I'm sure you'll be able to pull some business if you're consistent with your store. Also, you can try and have a blog section - just stay ahead of your competitors in SERPs. 

We are just a month away from celebrating 2020's most awaited festivals. We have compiled a list of 23 checkpoints that you can apply to your store during this festive season to make sure that your Shopify store is ready to welcome online shoppers during the festive time of the year!

Let me know if we can be of any help to you! We are just a message away. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
1066 32 367

Hi @talwinder2295 !

Work on the website speed. Your google page speed score is only 51 and mobile speed 19. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes