Need help please, 800+ visitors with zero add to carts

Lowie57
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi all, just as the subject title says. My site has been live for about 2 months now, I personally think the site looks and works well, suppose I am biased in that sense haha.
I have my products listed on google shopping, I've been struggling getting my google ads to work properly, I am still learning this part. I have set up an Instagram account and I have been posting regularly. Its still tiny obviously, only about 27 followers.

I am averaging around 20-40 visitors to my store daily, and so far I have had over 800 visitors in total. But not a single person has reached checkout, and only 6 sessions that have added to cart, and only one person has signed up for my newsletter. I absolutely understand that this is a long term thing, and I don't expect anything to boom overnight, but two months with such little results is a bit disheartening 😞

If there is anything anyone could point out to me I'd really appreciate it!

My website is modassi.com.au

Replies 4 (4)
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
736 66 265

Hello @Lowie57 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make the content(menu) bold, on the header section.

Add few products with ATC(add to cart) on the Homepage.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Improve blog posting, which will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Make social Media Icons open in a new tab.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review app, so that customer can review on your products.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 88

Hey, @Lowie57!

I took a look at your shop, and you're definitely not being biased - it's coming along very beautifully! I have a few very minor suggestions for your online store before I dive into some marketing as I believe that's likely the area that needs the most focus at this point in time.

Shop Feedback

Accessibility

The "Browse our realistic plants, trees, wall gardens and more!" text over your slideshow image could be a little challenging to read for some visitors. For this, I would recommend either repositioning the image and text or increasing the overlay opacity to darken the background and create a stronger contrast between the text and image. You can learn more about ways you can make your shop more accessible in this guide.

Menu header

Again, these are very minor suggestions - however, adding your About page's link in the menu header can help visitors easily locate it and navigate to it. The reason I suggest this is because the About page is one of the most common pages visitors will check out before committing to making a purchase, as this helps build their trust in your business and your brand. Another recommendation, which is purely cosmetic, would be to center your second row of menu items, rather than have them left-aligned.

Reviews

It sounds as though you haven't made any sales at this point yet, but it's definitely worth considering adding the ability to leave reviews on your products. New visitors might feel reserved when making an online purchase from a store they haven't shopped at before, and seeing positive reviews left can help with furthering that trust in your brand. We have a Product Reviews app that you can look at using. Keep in mind, this app doesn't come with any automated system that involves contacting customers and asking them to leave a review, although you could edit your order and/ or shipping notification templates to include a request for them to do so. Many merchants will opt to use a third-party add-on app like Stamped.io Products Reviews to ask customers for reviews.

Marketing

Set a goal

Great! Now let's dive into marketing. You mentioned that your online store sessions haven't yet yielded any conversions, but before we focus on conversions we're going to want to set a goal. We typically recommend acquiring 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days (see sessions over time analytics report), before reviewing your conversions. Each business's conversion goals will be different, but we generally like to see our merchants' conversion rate sit somewhere between 2-4%. You won't need to worry about conversions at this point in time though.

Marketing strategy

To get to that goal, you'll want to start by developing a marketing plan if you haven't already done so. Your marketing plan should outline who your target market is - this guide will help you with defining it. To make marketing simpler, many merchants will build a buyer persona so they have an idea of who they're speaking to in through their branding. For example, I currently have a buyer persona named Genevieve, aged 27, who spends a lot of time on Instagram and is going through a major life transition. When I work on my branding, I'm thinking about how I can reach Genevieve and spark her interest. You can check out this guide for different ways to acquire customers!

Marketing resources

The last thing I wanted to mention was our Shopify Learn resource. This is a great place to visit at every stage of your entrepreneurship journey, as there will likely be a handy course or tutorial to help you out.

Because you mentioned that you're still figuring out how to use Google Ads and are working on growing your Instagram, I thought you might be particularly interested in the following resources:

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

flareAI
Shopify Partner
715 62 199

Hello @Lowie57,

The design is very professional and well done. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Try to keep all header menu links in a single line
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Add a form in Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.
7. In Home page, the section for the email Newsletter is added twice in the footer. Keep only one.
8. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.

You will get less sales and traffic if your products are not found on Google. When your customers search on Google, your product can be found only if Google has indexed the page. flareAI will show which pages are found on Google, and which are not. flareAI also helps to get your new products found on Google, the world's largest FREE eCommerce sales channel

Hope this was helpful,
Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1279 178 854

Hi @Lowie57 

I’m Richard Nguyen -
CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. With over 5 years’ experience in providing solutions for over 100.000 stores to help merchants increase their conversion rates, I’d like to provide you with some feedback with the hope they would be helpful to you

Basically, I am a plant lover therefore I am so in love with your products. I like how you have:

• Sticky menu header
  • Detailed product description
  • Very clear CTA button.
  • Many product images 

Besides these things, I have some comments with your Product Page and hope this helps:

1. The Product Price should be more remarkable.

Product price is the basic information that many people seek for right upon entering a product page. Being unable to quickly find the product price can easily frustrate people and even leads to a negative judgment of the whole site.

Locate and style the price so that it’s the most visible possible so that people can find it without effort. You can just style it into Bold and colored Red, adjust bigger for the Font Size. If your product price is currently competitive, you can make it your Unique Selling Point by making it more outstanding. 

2.  Subdivide long product description with Sections and Headings

Long, unbroken blocks of texts or many bullet list items will cause difficulty for users to extract and scan product information. 

Adding subsection headings helps users easily navigate long lists of bullet points as well as blocks of text. Besides, it also enables users to find relevant information slightly quicker compared to a bullet list without the headings of similar length. 

Product description.png

3. Display or Link to an Easy-to-Read Shipping & Return Policy right in Product Information.

Featuring a link to the return policy — and shipping information in or near the “Buy” section can be very helpful for minimizing users’ purchase anxiety (as long this doesn’t overcrowd the “Buy” section. This can be a strong motivating factor for users when they’re considering whether or not to make a purchase on a given site. Additionally,  it allows users to access the return policy without scrolling down the product page and potentially missing the section while scanning.

For example:

shipping and returns.png

4. Display a minimum of 6 reviews by default and allow users to submit reviews

Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. I would recommend you display reviews on your product page (with a minimum of 6 reviews with the ability to “Load more” and allow users to submit their reviews.

For example:

17-bose_com-reviews-1.png

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

And that's my feedback. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide on how to personalize your Product Page! Hope it helps!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

Richard - PageFly

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly