Need More Visitors!

IsabelB
1 0 1

Hi! So we have been up since February and have had only 16 sales. Does anyone have any ideas on how to advertise for an adult shop?? Obviously insta/ FB do not allow ads for adult products, but we are struggling right now as an online store. I am confident with how our site looks atm but we are always doing updates. Our site is vestatoys.com

Replies 4 (4)
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1276 176 850

Hi @IsabelB

This is Richard Nguyen - CRO Expert from PageFly- Advanced Page Builder. I have no comment for your store as I see it looks good. I’d like to give you some feedback to help increase conversion rates for your store. 

I understand that you can't advertise your product via Facebook or Instagram. It's impossible and here are some tips that you can utilize to get more sales. However, too often, we found that Organic traffic, and to be more specific, Shopify SEO, is glossed over, despite the fact that SEO has the highest ROI of any marketing strategies

Basically, Shopify SEO tactics can also be categorized in the same three buckets: 

• On-page SEO: On-page SEO covers all approaches you use to help search engines better understand and rank your content - which includes making content friendly and useful to your target audience; then optimizing your headings, tags, links so it can also be friendly to search engines. 
  • Off-page SEO: Off-page SEO covers all activities carried out on another site or platforms, including, but not limited to Link Building, Social Media, Local citation, landing reviews.
  • Technical SEO: Technical SEO covers all activities that play a deciding role in whether your Shopify store gets indexed by search engines, including: site speed optimization, structured data, canonicalization, hreflang, and more all classes as technical SEO.

I'd recommend that you take KEYWORD into consideration. As you are in a niche product so the keyword is very important to more easily reach out to your target audiences. 

Keyword research is the very foundation of your SEO success - the reason is simple: we Googled in keywords. Thousands of search queries are typed into search engines every second - our job is to find out which one converts! 

Tips: if it's possible, I'd recommend that you should start with Content Marketing (ex: optimize SEO for blog pages)

Hold off your horse - Before jumping right into it, let take a step back - these three options are three types of keyword: 

• Informational keyword - this type of keyword matches the first stage of the online buyer journey - Awareness. 
  • Navigational keyword - this type of keyword matches the second stage of the online buyer journey - Consideration. Buyers use Navigation keywords to learn about a specific offering (dog toys) - these keywords often include brand-specific terms and navigational phrases like Near me, Features of, Reviews, Prices. 
  • Transactional keyword - this type of keyword matches the 3rd stage of the online buyer journey - Conversion. Buyers are ready to buy, and they are using transactional keyword (or product-focused keywords) to take action. Hence, these keywords often include phrases like: Discount, Buy, For Sale, Where to buy, etc. 

Simply put, you use Informational keywords and Navigational keywords for creating content (blog posts, video, tutorials) to lead potential buyers to your store, and get them to be familiar with your brand. 

At the same time, You use Transactional keywords for your Product Pages, to tailor the product pages and match it with the conversion step of the buyer's purchase process. 

Next, dive into on-page SEO for your Shopify Store with some factors such as URL, Title, meta description for your product description, body content image alt, page speed and so on. 

There is a lot to do with Shopify SEO but it's worth it to invest in it. You can learn more about it here

Also, I believe our blog about Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO): Best Practices, Tips and Case Studies will help you. 

Also, here are some tips to drive more traffic to your online store, take your time to learn more about it here: 14+ Shopify Marketing Ideas To Kick-off Your Sales Growth

When having traffic, getting more sales is the ultimate purpose, please consider some tips as follow: 

• Use customer testimonials on home & product pages
  • Use exclusive discounts to grow your email list
  • Develop engagement-driven Email Drip Campaigns
  • Send Abandoned Shopping Cart email
  • Use Push Notifications to Boost Sales
  • Use A Customer Loyalty Program 
  • Set up Upsell/Cross-Sell at checkout
  • Implement a Customer Referral Program
  • Provide 24/7 Live Chat to Support customers worldwide
  • Create Kick-Ass CTA (Call-to-action)
  • Offer personalized product recommendations
  • Focus on your storefront user experience
  • Get referrals from your existing customers
  • Offer free shipping on order minimums
  • Write Product Description that sells

Tips: You can use Product Description Generator Tools to create hundred of content descriptions at ease

• Add subscriptions boxes to your online store
  • Add a pre-order option to your Shopify store for out-of-stock items
  • Create and sell personalizable and customizable products
  • Leverage Buy Now, Pay Later Payment option 

You can learn more sale growth in this article: Ramp up your Shopify Sales with simple ideas

Hope all ideas I suggest above can help you that much!

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers, 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

Growave
Shopify Partner
1543 51 436

Hi @IsabelB 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Did you know that according to statistics, acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer. The success rate of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%, while the success rate of selling to a new one is 5-20%. I would suggest you to search for new clients and meanwhile work on customer retention. Consider implementing the Loyalty and Rewards program. Loyalty and Reward program allows you to strengthen the customer relationship, increase repeat purchases and turn your customers into loyal advocates. You can include:

Motivate customers to spend more by rewarding them with points for leaving reviews, following on social media accounts, birthday gifts on their special days, etc. Clients can spend gained points on discounts, free delivery, or free product. 

• Referral links

I recommend using a referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

• VIP tiers

Keep your best customers engaged with VIP ranks and perks.

Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. The app contains 5 efficient marketing features that will help you with sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @IsabelBThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance:

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers.

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Pax-Digital
Shopify Partner
15 1 1

Hi, we just published a new app for Network Marketing - Cross Site Promotions. You can have more traffic by using our network to market your products.

Check this out and share your thoughts. https://apps.shopify.com/coupon-connection

Pax Digital - Shopify Partner

Check out our newest App: Free Traffic & Brand Partnership App