I would love some feedback on my store. We launched just before the holidays last year and saw some friends and family traffic at the beginning. Since then conversions have pretty much dried up other than a very random order here and there. I have the products listed on amazon FBA as well as Etsy and they sell well (at least relative to the Shopify store) there.
- Traffic is coming from a Google PPC SmartCampaign and Pinterest ads. No FB traffic - my account was banned for a reason I cant figure out so I am trying to get that back up and running.
- I haven't spend any time on building an Instagram following and I know that is a glaring weakness
- Recently changed themes from Debut to Narrative. I think it looks much better but surprisingly time on page went down...
Anyway - I've stared at this site for so long trying to figure out what Im missing,
Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.
I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?
Here are some areas where you could consider working on:
Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.
Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!
Facebook can be tricky, and unfortunately their customer service is almost non-existent. Read through their terms very carefully and make sure you're linking to an account that is real (not just setup for your business) and has some history behind it.
My only suggestion on the site would be to add a shipping policy somewhere easily accessible so customers can see how much shipping costs prior to getting into checkout and how long they should expect for shipping.
I think social media would be a great platform to build more awareness of your products. The nice thing is that they can be placed in all kinds of different home locations that can piggyback off other hashtags that may be trending. There's no magic answer to marketing and finding the right audience, you just have to keep trying different avenues and ideas.
Hope the following suggestions will help you
Hello @gburner515, This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share the feedback for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.
- All the images must be aligned on the collection page.
- You have added this product on the homepage. Is it a bestsellere? Recommended product?. Add a title.
- I would recommend the product page layout to be like the product image on the left side and all other details with a call to action button on the right side.
- Enable social media links in the footer.
- You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, and visiting a store. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
- Setup web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.
Before you go, let’s have a look at our brands that are successfully unleashing the potential of AiTrillion to make their store more engaging and sales-driven.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!