Needing some feedback on my store ASAP PLEASE!!!

EcomerceWolf123
Tourist
6 0 0

Just setup my store, looking for some feedback. I've had some people add products to cart, but nobodies actually completed the signup and payment process. My site is here: www.buoyantbeacon.com. Lots of ad attention and social media interest, just no conversions. In terms of traffic I'm getting about 70-100 visits a day. What could I have done wrong? I know there's a small error the FAQ contact with email account, being my personal email. (In the process of getting fixed) Using google analytics it shows most people only make it to the home page, just an FYI  

Replies 8 (8)
EcomerceWolf123
Tourist
6 0 0

Update just got my first sale!!! Still looking for some more feedback though please.

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1585 194 354

Hey, @EcomerceWolf123 congrats on the first sale!

Happy to help! Starting from the top of the homepage. Also known as “Above-the-fold”. When you hear about an area of the homepage as “above the fold,” they’re referring to what visitors see before they decide to scroll. Focus on the actions you want the visitor to take when they first land on your site, the information they need first, and how you can help facilitate their decision. In this case, I would recommend swapping the bottom images with each other. The "add luminous vibes to your pool" with the 'Shop Now' button is an engaging call-to-action that clearly states what you sell and the product's benefit. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EcomerceWolf123
Tourist
6 0 0

@Dirk Thank you for the feedback, I have made the changed you suggested. 

jaggers
2 0 2

Here's some copy suggestions for your about page:

At Buoyant Beacon, we provide you with an excellent shopping experience as our client's satisfaction matter a lot. We have the perfect combination of floating pool light[s] that are tailored to meet your needs through our standard shopping practice. Even if you are not sure of what you want, our e-shop has got several ways to help you identify your needs. Everything about Buoyant Beacon revolves around our commitment to help[ing] you look your best and inspire confidence in you. We have been operating for over [o]One [y]Year[,] and we have managed to build up a reputable establishment online. We have a great team and aim to grow our business more and more, offering our customers the best combination of floating pool light[s] available.

If you have any questions about our products, or if [you] would like to check the availability of an item, please use the “Contact Us” page to get in touch.

jaggers
2 0 2

One other suggestion, more of a design issue.  The purple portion of your logo is kind of hard to read on a black background.  I get what you're going for, but it is a lot easier to read on a white background:

suggestion-background-color-header.JPG

EcomerceWolf123
Tourist
6 0 0

@Dirk That was a great suggestion on the swap, I got 8 active carts, I'm just not 100% sure why not that many people are checking out?

EcomerceWolf123
Tourist
6 0 0

I think I'm going to leave the background, thank you for the feedback.

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1585 194 354

Hey, @EcomerceWolf123 

There isn't a black-and-white cause for active carts that don't finish. There is a wide variety of potential causes. We actually wrote about 4 checkout conversion killers that I think are worth looking into. The article highlights 4 common issues and provides actionable solutions to each. Give it a look over along with our other blog posts that we've written on conversion rate optimization.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog