FROM CACHE - en_header

New Fashion Boutique!

Solved
lcbrewerco
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi everyone! I have a new fashion boutique id like feedback on, thanks in advance!

www.lcbrewerco.com

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @lcbrewerco,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

lcbrew-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

I don't recommend having text built into the photo itself because you want the text to be readable on any device size (mobile, desktop, ipad, etc.) it doesn't have the same responsive qualities as text that is outside the banner.

PRODUCT FILTERS
I would recommend adding in product filters to help your customers find what they are looking for. The other thing I would note is that needing to hover over every single image in order to see a price isn't very user friendly. Both of those things together are going to discourage visitors from browsing.

lcbrew-02.png

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PRODUCTS
As you know, clothing can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a shirt or jeans in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. 

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

View solution in original post

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @lcbrewerco!  

Hi! Welcome to Shopify. You’ve come to the right place for feedback! You’ve put a lot of work into your store, and it shows. 

Let’s dive right now.

Link your ads to the product
I see you’re running some Facebook ads, including one for a white dress. However, it links to your homepage. This is a missed opportunity - it needs to link to that product page instead. If you don’t, you’ll have visitors who click on the ad expecting that product. Most don’t go hunting for it. Instead, they leave. 

Focus on your navigation
On desktop, you have both a hamburger menu and a sticky navigation bar. You don’t need both. I would remove the hamburger menu, especially for desktop users, and focus on the main navigation. Use a click heatmap to see where people click. Follow-up with session recordings to see how people move around your store. 

Simplify your announcement bar

Long announcement bar messages can get lost. Keep it simple - Free shipping with code SUMMER21. A visitor can easily scan it and know what you’re promoting. Also, link it to your all products collection.

Also, make sure it shows on ALL pages. 

Optimize the hero image
The hero image is somewhat blurry, though I like that you’re trying something different. I would make sure your CTA stands out. Right now it blends in a bit. 

Evaluate your homepage

In general, avoid jumping right into your products. It’s better to move your navigation bar up above the hero image (to act like a true navigation bar) and then focus on highlighted collections rather than showcasing products.

Remember that your visitors may not be here for one product; they may be shopping for something general. Giving them a collection lets them see ALL of your collection, like pants, rather than your select pants. If you aren’t highlighting the right products, you may lose them. 

I would use a scroll heatmap to see how far people are scrolling and then switch to a click heatmap to understand where they click to move around your store. For example, you don’t need your About statement on the homepage. It’s likely not even being seen by your visitors.

Comb through your policy pages

Overall, the policy pages are nice. You have flat rate shipping (excellent!) and are clear about your policies. Just make sure it’s formatting correctly and all email addresses are linked. 

For your Contact Us page, link your email address, format your address and add a simple contact form (name, email address and message). 

Keep things consistent on your collection pages

Make sure all of your images are consistent; right now, they are all over the place. This is a detail that is a requirement. Add filters to your collections for fabric, style, fit, rating, etc. I’m not a huge fan of having product information like cost only available via hover-over. Do some A/B testing to see if you’re more successful having it always available. 

Give your product pages a make-over

If there is a page to evaluate and improve, it’s your product page. 

• The product pages take over the page. Because they aren’t high quality, they are blurry too. Instead, Focus on smaller gallery-style images that are focused on the left with ordering information on the right. 
  • Reiterate shipping
  • Don’t offer drop-down options where there are no options; if there’s only one color, you don’t need a drop-down.
  • Add in a size chart
  • Bump up your description. I give you props for making it more than just a boring list, but go a little further. What’s the material? What’s the fit? 
  • Don’t leave your reviews at the bottom of the page. Move them below the description. The issue is that they are hard to see and can easily be missed. Since reviews are a critical part of your marketing strategy, you shouldn’t bury them. 
  • Remove additional images below the description. On the Buttoned Pocket Design Long Sleeve Romper page, it was the same image above and below the description. 

Summing it all up

It sounds like a lot, but it all comes down to one thing - your visitors. Learn more about their experience and behavior to drive your next changes. Find out what’s stopping them from converting and make updates that result in more sales.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @lcbrewerco,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

lcbrew-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

I don't recommend having text built into the photo itself because you want the text to be readable on any device size (mobile, desktop, ipad, etc.) it doesn't have the same responsive qualities as text that is outside the banner.

PRODUCT FILTERS
I would recommend adding in product filters to help your customers find what they are looking for. The other thing I would note is that needing to hover over every single image in order to see a price isn't very user friendly. Both of those things together are going to discourage visitors from browsing.

lcbrew-02.png

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PRODUCTS
As you know, clothing can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a shirt or jeans in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.