New here and don't know where to start

toddlerspal
1 0 3

Hi,

I just created my store yesterday. Below is my site. 

toddler-s-pal.myshopify.com

I don't know how to go from there. I already did Facebook ads.

How can I get more traffic and sales? What improvements needed for the website?

Thank you. 

Replies 6 (6)
Dropshipmate
Trailblazer
190 9 62

Hello @toddlerspal ,

Welcome to shopify Portal:)

I had viewed your website shortly and here are some of my points that I hope useful and you can implement on it easily.

Banner images are looking blurry.

You can use open new tab on the links(Target blank) on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.

Add Description: I would suggest you to add product description, The key words in the description is used for SEO as well as marketing. It will provide features and benefits of the product which will influence a potential customer to purchase and it fixes the customer problem to take a decision.

Rating and Reviews:  Customer reviews are fixes the value of of product, And these will decides the your business growth. These will helps to increasing of your customers.

Gallery images also not cleared for looking.

Add Testimonials: Creating a genuine testimonials are trust worthy. This is the one kind of marketing communication b/w customer and business person. So you can add efficiently.
You can increase your niche then visitors are spare more time.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

I hope you will catch my point.

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @toddlerspal 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. However, it is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
Growave
Shopify Partner
1526 49 434

Hi @toddlerspal 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on opening a new store. I would recommend you implement several features and start using some e-commerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Add Sticky Menu

Make your online shop more user-friendly by keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website. Right now the menu bar on the head of the store disappears when the user scrolls down which is not convenient.

• Add a Blog Page

A blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility. Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

• Loyalty and Reward program

Loyalty and Rewarding program motivate shoppers to engage more meaningfully with the brand. It allows to strengthen the customer relationship, increase repeat purchases, turn your customers into loyal advocates, and treat the most loyal customers with the VIP treatments. In general, all those actions are designed to drive high-value purchasing behaviors. I suggest you integrate loyalty and rewards system. On this rewards page, you can include points, referral programs and VIP tiers. Depends on you. In general, it all can help to turn your customers into loyal clients and directly impact your repeat purchases as well as improve retention. One of the most useful features of the Rewards feature is the Referral program. Use it to give customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

• Add Wishlist. 

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. This is a non-obvious feature that extremely scales your purchases. Since you offer various designs and color options, I recommend adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Moreover, you can analyze the data to see what items people save for later and what items they actually buy.

G.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

VitaF
Shopify Partner
159 2 25

Hi @toddlerspal,

you have a lovely store! Really nice designs and everything is very well thought-through, from customer support to shipping advice. 🙂 

Here are some of my recommendations to get more traffic & sales to your store: 

Product Descriptions: I also noticed there are no detailed product descriptions on your page. You do have the most important specifications, however to add a more detailed description this is super important. 

Things are slightly different when operating an online retail business. As customers can’t physically see and touch the items, they need the extra details and descriptions instead of that. There are several excellent built-in Shopify apps available for download, with free plans to keep your costs low. HelpCenter app is very good for easily adding a product description section, specifications, instructions, reviews, return policy etc. to your product listings super easily at low cost, that could help you grow your sales. 

Product Reviews: is super important, as customers usually trust other people that the purchase was good! You can easily add these as well with the HelpCenter app solution.

Marketing: without marketing activities, it is impossible to win sales and stand out from the competition online, this is the unfortunate truth. You mentioned you have run paid Facebook ads, have you tried any other marketing activities? Paid social media ads are essential, however they can end up being more expensive with low return. 

Much better alternative is SMS marketing - text message marketing is a great way to really target your audience and get actual engagement. SMS read and open rates are extremely high - at 98%, vs 20% email or around 50% social media. It makes it the perfect option to gain more quality leads, new customers. You can distribute promotions, exclusive offers or send delivery updates and personalize the customer experience and engage with your audience to win more sales. Vertex SMS is another app that can help you launch your SMS marketing plan at low cost.

Good luck! Hopefully these tips will help you, at any time feel free to reach out in case you need further help or have questions! 

Helpcenterapp
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @toddlerspalThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Nice start! here are my inputs on your store that you can start working on:

Some good points on your store:

• professional layout
  • visually appealing
  • good UI/ UX

- Add a review section on the product page. It will help you to enhance the SEO and ranking. Also, it's very important for an online store as 90% people read reviews before making a purchase. You can refer to the below image.

AiTrillion_0-1628686701891.png

- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar to let customers take an action on it. 

AiTrillion_1-1628686819628.png

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It will help you to build trust with other visitors. 

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Overall, your store looks really great. Loved it! You just need to add the above points in your store. It will help you engaging the traffic coming to your store & to drive conversions & retention rate for long-term by reducing the bounce rate. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Donsurd
Excursionist
31 1 5

I will love to give you a good and better suggestion of how you will start getting sales in your store