So This is my first business and I'm learning everything from scratch. My store is www.trumansclub.com , it is a multi-category product store focusing on products for men, and offering a monthly box subscription.
So I'd appreciated any kind of feedback. BE AWARE IS IN SPANISH! but I know the english forum is so much active and more experienced.
Again, THANK YOU for your comments as I'm really a bit lost here. www.trumansclub.com
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Thank you for sharing and congratulations on launching your store!
What I think you have done really well?
1. I like your product selections and the image quality you're using for the products - nice job!
2. I think the cart drawer is really good and how responsive your store is on mobile.
Here is my feedback
1. I will suggest removing the second hero image - the idea of having a hero image is to grab your customer's attention and give them an idea of what your store is about when they land on your homepage, after the first hero image (which should have a CTA button). The next section should be your featured products or featured collections.
Also, work on the navigation, it took me a while to know there is a collections page. I think on the hero CTA - you should have two buttons on the hero section for the boxes subscription and the products on your collections page. Don't make the whole homepage about the boxes. You have a very good selection of products and you should include that in the homepage so your visitors will know.
2. Make the header sticky - The header is what your customers use to navigate the store, so it is important that they can access it from any section of your store. Make the header sticky, so when your customers scroll down they can still use the header and this will make your menu even more accessible.
3. Engage with your customers and visitors - I will suggest adding a Live chat, you want to reach out to your visitors and show that you're ready to answer any question they might have. If you added a Live chat that launched after 60 seconds of someone landing on your store that asks, “How can I help you today?”. The idea here is to engage and show your visitors that you're available to answer their questions.
1. Add a Quickview button on the products on your collection and home pages: Having a Quickview button option on your collection page will make it easier for your customers to view more of your products. When they are able to easily preview and read the product details without going to the product page, they are more likely to view more products and which in turn can increase their chances of making a purchase. Most themes already have a Quickview/Quickshop option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it. Also, you can get the Quickview/Quickshop option for free with the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.
2. Use Load More instead of Pagination - Load more makes it easier for your customers to load more products on the collection and scroll through your collection pages. If you check stores that are doing very well in your niche, you'd notice this sort of design tweaks that make their store super easy to use and increase their conversions.
1. Add these product images above the product description - You can have it as a carousel under the main product image, so your customers can view more product images.
2. Truncate your product description and use an accordion - so if a customer wants to read more about the product they can click on the button and the full product details will drop down, this will greatly improve the user experience of your product page.
3. Add Shipping and Return Information and Show Estimated Delivery Date - Many customers don’t want to wait until checkout to know when they’ll receive their order, and showing the Estimated Delivery Date helps users to estimate when they can expect to receive their order. Add the delivery-date estimate, or delivery-date range, within the product page, it should be close to your "buy" button
When viewing an estimated delivery day like “Standard Shipping — 4 business days. Get it by Sept 06”, Your customers will have more confidence to make the purchase.
That's all from me - I hope you get useful nuggets from it
Best of luck and cheers!
This is an accepted solution.
Congrats on your new store and hope your business will grow better day by day.
First of all I will answer the main concerns from you (I will leave the question 3 to people with more expertise in Shopify theme), and then give the additional feedback for your website.
About your main concerns, here are my suggestion:
1. Instead of the current navigational style, you can display the menu bar that shows all your subpages in the homepage. This will make the web navigation become more convenient for the site visitors. From my point of view, they can identify the categories in an easier way.
2. I think it is a good idea to increase the conversion rate more quickly. I'm not sure if this app is what you are looking for, but you can check out Customer Tags and Segments.
About the feedback for your website, here they are:
1. Add More Content Into Your Homepage
Personally, I think you should add more content sections into your homepage. My suggestions would be the 'Why Choose Us?' and 'The Testimonials'. They will help customers put more trust into your business and you will have higher chance to increase the conversion rate right on this page.
2. Use The Slider Feature
Currently, you are only displaying 3 product categories which are bartender, rocky and in a hurry. I think you can add the slider feature into this section to display more product categories besides them such as: decor, kitchen room, technology and gaming, etc.
3. Follow-up With Shoppers Who Abandoned Their Carts
Baymard Institute has shown that "69.57% of online shopping carts are abandoned"? This is a huge number so don't forget to follow up with shoppers who abandoned their carts on your website and turn them into your customers. Email follow-up is a good choice and you can check out Klaviyo for this.
4. Consider Writing Blog
If you have time and resources, you should starting a blog on your website. I think there are different topics related to men that you can exploit. Blog is a great way to level up the SEO performance and help you nurture the lead database.
Hope this helps
If you find my answer helpful for you, please mark it as a solution. I appreciate your evaluation!
This is an accepted solution.
- You need to change the layout of your store and make it more professional.
- Homepage recommended layout - The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this, top announcement bar, Slideshow banners, Collection List, Product Recommendations, product reviews, Newsletter sign up box, Blog Posts, Instagram Feed & footer.
- On the product page, instead of displaying the products this way display it in a slider manner. Improve the product page layout. Product page is very important so its UI/UX must be good!
- For product page layout you refer the below image:
- Add a review carousel on the homepage and review section on the product. Reviews are very important to build the brand's credibility.
- Add a Live Chat so you don't lose any of your customers.
- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Make use of workflows and triggers.
- Just a heads up! Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions.
P.S- Free plan available.
Thank you very much @LitExtension !! Terrific valuable information, I'll start to work on it. I'd love to have a blog but no time right now
Any copywriting recommendation for abandoned carts?
Glad to see that my answer can provide values with you. About your question, I suggest you should read this article from Shopify.
Hope this helps :).
Hi. My name is Max and I’m currently in my last year at University. My team and I are doing our thesis regarding the proliferation of eCommerce stores/businesses in the modern era. We have prepared a survey to understand more about it from a business owners’ perspective. It’s just a few questions and hope you could spare us some time to participate in the survey. It would really mean a lot to us! Thank you in advance!
Survey link: https://forms.gle/Rd4wUcKFa3yPnmjF6