New site feedback please :)

Solved
NewDawnUK
1 0 0

We are launching our new website tonight, I have been selling our handmade candles and other home fragrances items on Etsy the past 6 months and its going pretty well but have decided also to have my own website to gain more traffic and other benefits that Shopify offers that Etsy doesn't.

My husband has been designing & setting up the site for me the past few weeks and we are in the middle of adding the products so some images and descriptions could be missing for an hour or so.. 

We need to improve the products images & add a header logo, but we are still deciding what one works best..  so could you please take a peek and let us know if the design works for what we sell and if we have missed anything at this very early stage of launch.

Dawn theme 2.0

Take care

https://www.newdawnuk.co.uk

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Marty
Shopify Staff
413 67 82

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @NewDawnUK.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback for your shop. First off, I wanted to mention how fantastic the shop looks, you and your husband have done an excellent job for your first Shopify store. I only have some slight ideas that I would love to share that may make your shop a little tighter. My first thought would be to consolidate some of your menu items into a drop-down menu. For example, Refills could drop down from Reed Diffusers, as they are like-products. Hand and body could stay it's own menu item, Room Sprays, Wax Melts and Luxury gift boxes could be under one category, like an Accessories option. Wellness and Seasonal could remain. This is just an idea to bring like products/collections together for easy access for your customers, but would also clean up your menu area:

Next, I loved learning more about where your brand came from in your "My story" section. I would, however, suggest added this to your header with your main menu items as well:

Again, this will simply give your customers quick access to learn more about where your business and products come from, and help build customer trust and retention.

I would also recommend adding a logo to your shop as you mentioned,  to help give your brand more of an identity:

If you are struggling to create a logo,  you can use this free logo maker tool that can help you create one for your shop. 

Aside, from that, I would say you have a wonderful-looking shop here. I would suggest starting to look into ways to bring traffic into the shop now that you have launched. There is a great article that I love sharing with our merchants that talks about Increasing web traffic that you can check out here. This article goes through some questions you should be asking about your shop, such as:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their implicit cost-benefit analysis. 
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

Another important factor you should be looking into is search engine optimization or SEO for short. You can use SEO to improve the search engine ranking for your store and help customers find your products easier on browsers like Google Chrome and Safari. We have a helpful guide here, that will walk you through the process. 

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Marty
Shopify Staff
413 67 82

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @NewDawnUK.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback for your shop. First off, I wanted to mention how fantastic the shop looks, you and your husband have done an excellent job for your first Shopify store. I only have some slight ideas that I would love to share that may make your shop a little tighter. My first thought would be to consolidate some of your menu items into a drop-down menu. For example, Refills could drop down from Reed Diffusers, as they are like-products. Hand and body could stay it's own menu item, Room Sprays, Wax Melts and Luxury gift boxes could be under one category, like an Accessories option. Wellness and Seasonal could remain. This is just an idea to bring like products/collections together for easy access for your customers, but would also clean up your menu area:

Next, I loved learning more about where your brand came from in your "My story" section. I would, however, suggest added this to your header with your main menu items as well:

Again, this will simply give your customers quick access to learn more about where your business and products come from, and help build customer trust and retention.

I would also recommend adding a logo to your shop as you mentioned,  to help give your brand more of an identity:

If you are struggling to create a logo,  you can use this free logo maker tool that can help you create one for your shop. 

Aside, from that, I would say you have a wonderful-looking shop here. I would suggest starting to look into ways to bring traffic into the shop now that you have launched. There is a great article that I love sharing with our merchants that talks about Increasing web traffic that you can check out here. This article goes through some questions you should be asking about your shop, such as:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their implicit cost-benefit analysis. 
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

Another important factor you should be looking into is search engine optimization or SEO for short. You can use SEO to improve the search engine ranking for your store and help customers find your products easier on browsers like Google Chrome and Safari. We have a helpful guide here, that will walk you through the process. 

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post