New site! Would love to hear your feedback!

TheTruth34
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Shopify Gang,

Hope everyone is doing well. I recently launched my Shopify site. It is a single product store.  Would love to hear your feedback on it, as well as any marketing tips you may have.

Thank you so much in advance!! 🙂

Site: https://disciplineweights.com/ 

Replies 7 (7)
RobUnwahr
Tourist
4 0 3

You should experiment with centering the site's logo as it would look more attractive. Your product descriptions are on point, stick to that. 

I also noted the top header reading "Free tracked shipping for a limited time!" 

My advice is that you should regularly do tracked shipping as it satisfies the customer knowing where the product is at any given time 

You should also attach social media links to engage with customers easier.

Design Commission's contact: arobunwahr@gmail.com
brand collaboration and inquiries contact: unwahr@shopunwahr.com
SHOPUNWAHR.COM
-ANR II
TheTruth34
Tourist
3 0 2

Thanks for your insightful feedback brother!!

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2497 342 1665

Hi @TheTruth34 ,

Congratulations on your store. This is PageFly -  Advanced Page Builder with 6 years of experience providing conversion rate optimization solutions to more than 100.000 Shopify stores, I would love to give you some recommendations.

I like how you have:

• Have a favicon
  • Have an announcement bar

Besides these things, I have some comments and suggestions for you:

1. Home page

You can check this guide to find some tips to customize your homepage!

1.1 Have a CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

discriplinewweights1.png

1.2 Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

1.3 Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product review to the page in ease ways

ri2.png

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

1.4 Have a newsletter/ signup form

• Having a newsletter on your site, customers can subscribe to their emails to receive product information, any sales campaign, etc from your store. 
  • PageFly integrates with Klaviyo, Omnisend, and MailChimp, they are great apps to customize forms for your page.

Paper Comet 3.png

1.5 Have direct links for the Return and Shipping policies

• Many customers automatically go to the homepage’s footer to find information like “Return Policy” and “Shipping Information”. This can be a important factor that affect the purchase decision

2. Product page

2.1 Have at least 3-5 product images for all products

• Product images are essential elements for users to judge products- if products do not display enough images, users will not be able to get a full sense of products and will be reluctant to purchase. 

2.2 Display or Link to a Return policy from the main Product page content (Optional)

• Making the Return policy visible in the main Product Page content, especially “Buy” section will help minimize users’ purchase anxiety. Featuring a link in or near the “Buy” section can be a motivating factor when users are considering whether they should make a purchase or not. 

discriplinewweights2.png

2.3 Display a minimum of 6 reviews by default and allow users to submit reviews

• Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. I would recommend you display reviews on your product page (with a minimum of 6 reviews with the ability to “Load more” and allow users to submit their reviews.
  • Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

3. Make your store responsive on other devices

You should check and make your store on different devices to make sure the store will look stunning.

Like on mobile devices, the description is too long.

You can also check on this post to collect some tips while making your store responsive!

discriplinewweights3.png

Moreover, if you want to learn more about how to build a one product store, you can take a look at this blog.

PageFly, Free Page Builder helps you to build a high-converting store with flexibility and confidence without headaches. You can start with the Free plan to use all features and create different page types for your store with 24/7 support live chat. 

I hope my recommendations will be beneficial for you, if you find it helpful, you can give it a THUMBS UP and MARK AS SOLUTION!

PageFly

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Daniel
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 30 86

Hi there, @TheTruth34

Welcome to Shopify and welcome to the Community!

Definitely a great place to gather some input as we have a great group of contributors who are able to provide you some invaluable feedback regarding the platform and your store as you can already see on this thread. 

I definitely second what was mentioned by @RobUnwahr regarding your product description and going of what was suggested about you logo and in general, website appearance, you can refer to our Shopify Design Policy as it seems you are using a Shopify-made theme. If you are using one and are currently on a paid plan, you qualify for 60 minutes of free design time from our Themes team.

I also agree with what one of our top contributors mentioned, @PageFly, regarding adding a brand story. It gives your prospective customers the chance to get a feel of who you are as a company and in turn, will entice them to make that purchase as it creates a level of trust knowing what you and your company are about. 

You also cannot go wrong with having product reviews. Hearing from other people who have purchased these products will also further encourage other buyers to do the same. 

I have also found the following resources that may help you and your business: 

Definitely let us know how these work out for you! 

Daniel | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TheTruth34
Tourist
3 0 2

Wow!! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave detailed feedback! This helps a lot, I will be making the recommended changes.

Thanks again!!

Daniel
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 30 86

Our pleasure! 

Definitely a great idea to post on your query here! Feel free to post and create other threads if you ever need any more help/feedback with your store! 

Welcome again to the platform, @TheTruth34

I wish you all the sales!

Daniel | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

saif-modemagic
Pathfinder
88 5 13

@TheTruth34 Hey, congrats on the store launch! Looks pretty neat. 

Here's a great resource for getting sales on your Shopify store, that u might want to check out - Blog

There are quite a few things you might want to add in terms of store design-

1. A proper navigation section with essential tabs like- Collection, Contact Us, About Us, etc. will be great. 

2. There are no customer reviews that add social proof to your store. It can boost your shopper confidence to a great extent. 

3. Your PDPs are very text-heavy at present. Do consider adding product feature cards/ how-to guides which help you convert boring descriptions into snappy lil images. 

4. Consider adding trust packs to your product page- right below the Add to cart section. It gives shoppers an assurance that their checkout process is safe and secure. 

Hope these suggestions work 🙂

Cheers,
Saif