FROM CACHE - en_header

New Store - Customers Add To Cart But No Checkout.

NicholasLeete
3 0 1

Hey all!

Coming here for some constructive advice on ecommerce and why customers are adding to their carts but not checking out.

Our new store is called Odie & Co. Our website is Odieandco.com and we have been online for approx. 1 week. We are running four Facebook ad campaigns with several targeting groups and 2 snapchat ad campaigns.

Odieandco.com 

We sell dog merchandise and ship from Australian based dropshipper suppliers here in Australia (to keep shipping times down).

So please feel free to jump on our website and see if you could identify anything that would deter a customer to add to their cart, but not check out.

Many thanks all!

Nick

Replies 9 (9)
NicholasLeete
3 0 1

We also have PayPal and have applied for Afterpay and Payitlater for extra customer payment options.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1545 53 437

Hi  Nick  @NicholasLeete !

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Welcome to Shopify! Since you are struggling with customers are adding to their carts but not checking out, there is something that makes your store unreliable.  I would recommend working on social proof and other eCommerce marketing tools for better sales and traffic.

• Gain Reviews
Generate testimonials of your products by collecting photo or text reviews with automatic, fully branded email reminders. You can build trust to your shop with visual product reviews and questions & answers. Also, you can reply to reviews, thank reviewers, resolve issues publicly or privately. 

• Add Wishlist

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. This is a non-obvious feature that extremely scales your purchases. Since you offer various options, I would recommend adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Use wishlist data in order to analyze what items have been saved for later and what items have been actually bought.

• Add Favicon

Favicon adds legitimacy to your website and helps boost your online branding as well as trust from potential consumers. Favicons are an immediate visual marker for the website which enables easy and quick identification for webpage visitors especially when a lot of tabs are open.

• Add Loyalty and Reward feature

The Loyalty and Rewards program motivates shoppers to engage more meaningfully with the brand. It allows you to strengthen the customer relationship, increase repeat purchases, turn your customers into loyal advocates, and treat the most loyal customers with the VIP treatments. In general, all those actions are designed to drive high-value purchasing behaviors. On the rewards page, you can include points, referral programs, and VIP tiers. Depends on you. In general, it all can help to turn your customers into loyal clients and directly impact your repeat purchases as well as improve retention. 

H.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, the shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

You should make the logo smaller and move the content up higher on the page.

SLIDERS

Sliders cause ...

1.) banner blindness

2.) divides user’s attention

3.) kills conversions and never helps.

Check out a study by Notre Dame University web developer Erik Runyon.

Their slider received a click-through rate of barely 1% and almost all those were on the first image.

Beaconfire conducted a similar study with four different clients’ websites.

The CTR on these four sites were well under 1%, and again, the first image got the clicks.

I would remove the slider and add a Hero image with a call to action that touched on a problem that you solve.

Hero Images

At the top of the page you need a hero image.

This is a full-width image that runs across the top of your page and doesn't use any whitespace.

It occupies the best real estate.

And it Demands Attention!

Images communicate 60,000 times faster than text.

And when you have .05 milliseconds to make a first impression ... you don't really have any ?

What you're looking for is an image-focused design.

Bold graphics that immediately engages the user and draws them in.

A hero image is the #1 best tool for communicating a message.

It's an introduction, elevator pitch, it immediately tells the visitor what your purpose is.

What you're wanting is an image that shows not just how a product looks but how it works.

An image that has an emotional impact, inspires, and reinforces the call to action, that is written on top of it.

The best way to sell a product is to let the product sell itself.

Emotion Overrides Logic!

Make sure the call to action has contrast in its colors, to make it jump out of the design and stand out the most on the page.

Show real people the same age as your target market and have them looking in the direction of the call to action.

Design different images for different devices to help with website load times.

Add a call to Action!

Make sure the call to action has contrast in its colors, to make it jump out of the design and stand out the most on the page.

Show real people the same age as your target market and have them looking in the direction of the call to action.

Design different images for different devices to help with website load times.

A good CTA can prevent boredom, fatigue, and breath life, meaning, and understanding into your content.

Users need direction, they need to know what to do next.

Your CTA is what encourages potential customers to stay engaged.

You've got to give short and strong orders that persuade, engage, and get a click.

It starts with a verb
Buy
Download
Subscribe
Shop
Order
Reserve
Save
Add
Act
View
Learn
See
Find
Pick
Continue

and ends with an adverb, subject or both.
Add to Cart
Act Now
Buy and Save
Do not buy unless
Add to Cart
Learn More
See More
See How
Find Out
Check it Out
Click here
Buy my ebook

You can also use numbers ...“Buy now and get 50% off!”

Make a promise ...“Rank #1 in just 30 days!”

Add urgency ... “Limited time"

But its your job to tell me what to do next.

Social Media Links

Links to social media sites just makes no sense.

1.) They bleed pagerank and hurt your Google’s rankings.
2.) They could get you fined in California and more states are following.
3.) And they send your traffic to a site you don’t control.

You want to get traffic from the social media sites and not send traffic to the social media sites.

And tests by major corporations have shown that they actually hurt more than they help with regards to likes and shares. And that's the only reason for having them.

Social media sites are a tool for getting traffic and nothing else.

The idea is to get traffic from those sites to your site and not to send traffic from your site to those sites.

Your bleeding link juice, sending traffic to places you don’t control and could get finned because of it.

Your goal once on the site should be to convert them into a customer and not to get a like or share on social media site.

Likes and shares on social media sites should come from the people that are currently on the social media sites and not from people on your site ready to make a purchase.

Zholdas
7 0 0

Hi @NicholasLeete ) How is it going? This is a common problem for online stores, most customers do not complete their purchase, but leave the goods in their cart. Here's my advice. Maybe you should try plugins that will remind your customers that they left something in their shopping cart. I know these Saletastic.org guys have a Whatsapp bot with this feature) Let me know if it was helpful) 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @NicholasLeeteThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

Some good points of your store:

• good design
  • good layout
  • professional 

- Add a newsletter box in the footer with automatic thank you email. Give loyalty points on a sign up to increase the number of newsletter subscribers. 

AiTrillion_1-1629797637417.png

- You should add 'add to cart' button below the product image on the collection page. 

AiTrillion_2-1629798831730.png

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

- You should add a giveaway popup to increase your brand awareness and attract more and more customers. 

Hope this helps! Overall, your store looks good. This will help you to get consistent sales & drive conversions.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Daniel_1990
Tourist
25 0 1

Hey NicholasLeete,

An abandoned cart is just a part of the eCommerce game and, it's quite a common problem of most online stores. The average cart abandonment rate for eCommerce is 68% as per the industry research. I don`t know what exactly is the scenario with your store, but in my case how I reduced my Add to Cart. Let me share with you.

When a user adds a products to their cart, but failed to checkout - this identifies - A user is interested in your product but found issues with the checkout.

These issues can be: either your shipping rates are high or your shipping process is not smooth.

Now I reduced my shipping prices and enabled real-time shipment tracking, send timely notifications and provide customer-centric offers with an AI-powered shipping and delivery platform– Fenix Commerce.

This helped me to reduce my abundant cart rate to 43%

The First thing I have analysed is: A smooth and frictionless pre-purchase experience is crucial for the visitors to stay on your website. In addition, 83% of shoppers want to know the estimated delivery dates of their packages. Therefore, accurate estimated delivery dates must be displayed on your store starting from the product page, cart, and checkout.

Unexpected shipping costs are one of the top reasons for abandoned carts. Displaying shipping costs on the product page itself is a great way to prevent unwanted surprises at the checkout.

Last but not least – Nowadays customers expect more convenient delivery options from retailers. Some research even says that 93% of customers feel delivery options are crucial in their online shopping journey. Enable multiple personalized delivery options on your online store as it greatly contributes to customers' buying decisions.

You can also try these Ai based features on your store and hope for a better conversion rate.

Thanks,

Pikotea
1 0 0

Thank you for this information. <a href="https://pikotea.com/">tpv hostelería</a> 

PartnersWire
Shopify Partner
41 3 14

@NicholasLeete 

May your browser stand out to catch your customers interest. Also, send them reminder email or SMS on the abandoned cart.

You may also reminder them by giving some promos.

I also suggest to check solutions that helps you with store management and eventually gain customer satisfaction and able to sell more.

Let me know if you need help. You may also check links on our valuable apps that provide real-time solutions

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @NicholasLeete 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz