New Store Feedback

Mepa
1 0 0

Hi! I’ve launched a new store with my teenager daughter. I’d love some general first impressions of the site if anyone is willing. I would appreciate it! 

https://www.theoddsockshop.com

What, if anything, stands out (good or bad)? 
Was it easy to navigate? 
Was it laid out in a way that made sense? 
was it appealing and interesting enough to scroll beyond the first page? 

Thank you! 

Replies 11 (11)
Bossismail1
Excursionist
34 1 4

Hello, you have a wonderful store, but in your store footer, you have powered by Shopify instead of powered by (store name), which I would love to help you to change for free. I don't require your funds. I'll do it for you for free. If you want, you can respond to me.

Bossismail1
Excursionist
34 1 4

It look nice and good in which is easy to navigate and the laid out makes sense.

What Shopify theme did you make use of 

waytoapps
Navigator
468 37 187

Hello @Mepa 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a Favicon. It helps to find your store when customer had multiple tabs in their browser.

Add a nice store logo which gives Identity and it also separates you from the competition.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Add few products from each collections with ATC(add to cart), on the homepage.

Add more options like Contact us, blog etc. on the header section.

Consider testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Mention terms, Shipping and other policies on the footer section.

Promote your products on social platforms and provide those social links on footer section.

Make social links open on new tab.

Add contact us page with contact form and more details, it builds trust on your store.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There is no customer review option on the products. Install Product review app from the Shopify app store, so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
645 60 245

Hi @Mepa 

I have visited your store and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you

• Homepage

The first thing you can improve is to make a sticky navigation menu so that visitors can easily go through important sections. The constant presence of the menu bar reminds users that other pages, ones they probably need, are also available. 

Besides, I recommend you to add a sale off price for products displaying on the homepage because it is a good way to stimulate customers to buy. An appealing product with a good quality image and reasonable price wins customers’ hearts. Besides, you can put Add to cart button below all products on the homepage and activate a Sticky cart on all pages so that customers can easily check out their cart. This tool can also reduce the abandonment rate and thereby increase your sales a lot.

Try out Free app Advanced Sticky Add To Cart to activate Add to cart button, Sticky cart, Sticky bar in your store.

• Product page

Adding testimonials on your product page will be a good way to build trust and credibility from new customers. The majority of buyers are concerned about whether the products they purchase online are as attractive and high-quality as they appear on the website. As a result, previous customer feedback might have a significant impact on a potential customer's buying decision.

To boost sales revenues, you can apply a cross-sell method in your store by adding product bundles with discounts. Product bundles with discounts is an effective tip to motivate customers to buy more products. Most customers are willing to buy product bundles to get a lower total price so that you should not miss this chance by adding many bundles on your website. 

If you want to add product bundles in your store at ease and free, try out this app Product Bundle Volume Discount

That’s all my suggestions for your store. Hope they are helpful to you

Happy selling!

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
idutta2007
Tourist
9 0 6

Hi,

overall your store looks great.  Few suggestions:

• On the home page, visitors should be able to click on the image for a collection to navigate to that collection. When I landed there my first impulse was to click on the image.
  • Remove the powered by Shopify message on the footer.
  • You could have more collections for boys, girls, men, and women.

I am creating my own store and came here to see what others were doing - thought I will leave my feedback. Best of luck.

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
962 134 713

Congrats on your new store! I’m Richard Nguyen- CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. I’d like to give you some feedback and suggestions for over 100.000 merchants to help increase conversion rates for your store based on 5 years of experience. 

I have some comments and suggestions for you:

1. Homepage

Make a Sticky Header and Improve your Footer

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.
So that when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

Add Chatbox and Social proof Testimonials

They can be added to your homepage as well. Customers will feel more engaged in your store

Make an outstanding CTA button 

Sure thing the CTA button is the ultimate goal of your page, so why not make it more visible and attractive by creating a clear and standout CTA button encourages users to click on it right on your home page

The Odd Sock Shop - Fun Mismatched Socks for Adults and Kids 2021-10-29 21-16-38.png

2. Collection page and product list

I like how you present a grid view on your product page, it is suitable for the visual-driven products of your store. 

Make sure to assign featured pictures to all collections for the best visual. And consider adding Call To Action Buttons or Name your Collection lists other than “Shop for”, like “Featured Collections” for example.

About the product list (both on Homepage and Collection page), I think we can improve on:

• Display a Secondary Thumbnail on Hover
  • Users need as much visual information as they can get about products in the product list, and displaying only a single static image is a missed opportunity to provide additional visual details.
  • For your store product, besides standard “Cutout" thumbnails, you can add a hover image such as “Product Variant".
  • Add a CTA button like “Shop now" or “Add to cart" in the product list.

Adult Socks – The Odd Sock Shop 2021-10-29 21-24-00.png

3. Product page

Display or Link to the Return Policy from the Main Product Page Content

Even if the return policy is located in the sitewide header or footer, it can be difficult to find. Customers will hesitate to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.
The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy to read and clear for customers.

Also, I think you should improve your footer with a site map and links to pages like Contact, Refund policies...

Shipping information

Many users don’t want to wait until checkout to know when they’ll receive their order, and “Delivery Speed” requires users to estimate when they can expect to receive their order.
Provide a delivery-date estimate, or delivery-date range, near the “Buy” section.
When viewing an estimated delivery day like “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by Aug 20”, visitors get the urgency to make the purchase

Pokey and Poppy Opposocks - Adult Socks- Fun Mismatched Socks – The Odd Sock Shop 2021-10-29 21-26-09.png

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies.
You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!

For this BFCM season, Get on 1-on-1 calls and get your problems figured out with our e-commerce professionals: Get your Expert

Or join us in "30 Day Dream Store" where PageFly and our paramount service partner will help you build a well-executed and professional store. 

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Bossismail1
Excursionist
34 1 4

@Mepa what did you think regarding your store footer that I love to help you about that 

solasales
3 0 0

Get your store revamp to get more better conversion.

Check on this www.glamentic.com, Fashionnova.com and lot more... Kindly let discuss more

bobbttommy090@gmail.com

CutOutWiz
Navigator
395 28 152

Hello @Mepa 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. 

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz