New store - honest feedback

Solved
Filip0604
2 0 0

Hi everyone,

We launched our store august 17 and its getting a lot of traffic, we are in top 10% of all shopify stores that started on same week. There is some conversion and we even got some positive reviews on products but in my opinion not nearly enough for the traffic we are seeing (500+ visitors in last 4 days alone) and total 2000+ visitors in 2.5 weeks that we are open. 

i would really appreciate honest feedback on the store as well as tips to improve conversion and capitalize more on this traffic.

I initially thought marketing was the issue but when i look at ad results and consumer behaviour on store (avg page views 5 for ex) this all indicates that we are targeting okay, i dont think a person not interested would click through 5 pages right? Also our impression and click cost is lower than general facebook ads average.

Anyhow, not really sure why we are not seeing much higher conversion rates so all feedback appreciated on that as well as the general feel for the store.

store site: momziehouse.com

regards,

Filip

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
220 26 95

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Filip0604 

Congratulations on your store - I think you have a well-designed store and good products.

Browsing through your store on mobile, I have found that the price does not show on mobile - So I have to click through a lot of products to view the prices, this can be a reason for a lot of clicks (maybe). I will suggest displaying the prices on the product grid on mobile, so I don't have to visit the product pages to get to see the prices which are also tiring.

I will also suggest reviewing the prices and looking at what your competitors are offering for similar products - regardless of how good your products are, people will always go for the better deal.

Reviews are everything for an online store - I will suggest showing your product review stars on the product grid as well. You can display the average review of a product on the product grid for your featured products on the homepage and the collection pages. When you have the review stars showing on the collection pages, you have a lot of customers click through to read the reviews. 

collinsmbaka_1-1630944441326.png

Browsing through the pages on mobile, the performance felt slow - I ran a google pagespeed test and the results on mobile are not good. You have got a lot of unused JS codes that are loading and affecting the store performance. Nothing hurts conversion rate like a slow store.

Use "Load More" instead of pagination - Load more offers a better user experience and is generally easier for customers to navigate a huge collection with a "Load More" button.

collinsmbaka_2-1630944754855.png

For your collection pages, I will suggest adding a smart filter system to help your customers quickly search & filter what they need to lower bounce rate and convert more - A lot of merchants are saying that using a filtering system on the collection pages increases their conversion rate. That's why almost all top brands use a filtering and search system in their stores. You can check out the Collection filter and search bar app by Sobooster used by 3000+ brands on Shopify to boost sales. 

That's all from me - I think your store is really top-notch and maybe a little adjustment here and there. The sales will start coming!

Best of luck and cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact

View solution in original post

paulprv01
Shopify Partner
30 1 5

Hi @Filip0604,

Thank you for sharing with the Shopify Community your store! It's a beautiful store and I have to congratulate you on your design and work put into this.

However, there are some things I believe you should double-check and make the proper modifications.

► Desktop View

1) From the very beginning there is an issue with the colours and their transparency. I appreciate your colour palette and I believe it fits the whole brand, but the white and the grey you used for the Header Menu doesn't fit well. The menu is almost invisible when the white background is not displayed. On the other hand, when the white background shows up I can't see the Sign-Up/Login buttons anymore and it took me 5 minutes to see you have a currency exchange available.

2) I suggest you a new placement for the sections. I love the text and how you created different collections and categories, but I believe we can do a better, more engaged Main Page for your visitors. 

3) The footer menu has a lot of white space that you can use to express your thoughts, promotions and offer more useful links to your customers. 

► Mobile View:

1) You might want to try another image. Try something that allows more transparency to the menu or activate the transparency option (if you have one in your theme, which I guess is Prestige).

2) I guess you already modified what the other member told you because I can see now very clearly the prices.

In the rest, you did a terrific job with your store! I really love your brand and I believe you can create an engaged community around you with the right attitude, a piece of advice and minor adjustments.  In terms of Web Design, you used your theme at its maximum potential and I have to congratulate you on this.

All the issues can be fixed easily and fast because are minor. In fact, I can work at your website while you enjoy a cup of tea or coffee. It would be an easy job and it will cost you almost nothing. If you're fine with that, you can check my portfolio anytime.

Warm regards,

Paul P.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
220 26 95

Hi @Filip0604 

Congratulations on your store - I think you have a well-designed store and good products.

Browsing through your store on mobile, I have found that the price does not show on mobile - So I have to click through a lot of products to view the prices, this can be a reason for a lot of clicks (maybe). I will suggest displaying the prices on the product grid on mobile, so I don't have to visit the product pages to get to see the prices which are also tiring.

I will also suggest reviewing the prices and looking at what your competitors are offering for similar products - regardless of how good your products are, people will always go for the better deal.

Reviews are everything for an online store - I will suggest showing your product review stars on the product grid as well. You can display the average review of a product on the product grid for your featured products on the homepage and the collection pages. When you have the review stars showing on the collection pages, you have a lot of customers click through to read the reviews. 

collinsmbaka_1-1630944441326.png

Browsing through the pages on mobile, the performance felt slow - I ran a google pagespeed test and the results on mobile are not good. You have got a lot of unused JS codes that are loading and affecting the store performance. Nothing hurts conversion rate like a slow store.

Use "Load More" instead of pagination - Load more offers a better user experience and is generally easier for customers to navigate a huge collection with a "Load More" button.

collinsmbaka_2-1630944754855.png

For your collection pages, I will suggest adding a smart filter system to help your customers quickly search & filter what they need to lower bounce rate and convert more - A lot of merchants are saying that using a filtering system on the collection pages increases their conversion rate. That's why almost all top brands use a filtering and search system in their stores. You can check out the Collection filter and search bar app by Sobooster used by 3000+ brands on Shopify to boost sales. 

That's all from me - I think your store is really top-notch and maybe a little adjustment here and there. The sales will start coming!

Best of luck and cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
Filip0604
2 0 0

Hi @collinsmbaka 

many thanks for the time spent to review and write a really detailed feedback, much appreciated. I will go step by step and address some changes you mentioned! Especially for mobile experience, maybe best to hire an expert to optimize?

in terms of prices, we are actually below competitors, we made sure to benchmark that well because some competitors are really big and well known so its a hard fight even if quality is similar. 

best

filip

paulprv01
Shopify Partner
30 1 5

Hi @Filip0604,

Thank you for sharing with the Shopify Community your store! It's a beautiful store and I have to congratulate you on your design and work put into this.

However, there are some things I believe you should double-check and make the proper modifications.

► Desktop View

1) From the very beginning there is an issue with the colours and their transparency. I appreciate your colour palette and I believe it fits the whole brand, but the white and the grey you used for the Header Menu doesn't fit well. The menu is almost invisible when the white background is not displayed. On the other hand, when the white background shows up I can't see the Sign-Up/Login buttons anymore and it took me 5 minutes to see you have a currency exchange available.

2) I suggest you a new placement for the sections. I love the text and how you created different collections and categories, but I believe we can do a better, more engaged Main Page for your visitors. 

3) The footer menu has a lot of white space that you can use to express your thoughts, promotions and offer more useful links to your customers. 

► Mobile View:

1) You might want to try another image. Try something that allows more transparency to the menu or activate the transparency option (if you have one in your theme, which I guess is Prestige).

2) I guess you already modified what the other member told you because I can see now very clearly the prices.

In the rest, you did a terrific job with your store! I really love your brand and I believe you can create an engaged community around you with the right attitude, a piece of advice and minor adjustments.  In terms of Web Design, you used your theme at its maximum potential and I have to congratulate you on this.

All the issues can be fixed easily and fast because are minor. In fact, I can work at your website while you enjoy a cup of tea or coffee. It would be an easy job and it will cost you almost nothing. If you're fine with that, you can check my portfolio anytime.

Warm regards,

Paul P.