New store launched - any feedback welcome

New store launched - any feedback welcome

WG_shop
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi all 

We have just launched a store on Shopify for the first time and have designed this all ourselves. we'd love any feed back on what we can improve for people who've been doing this a lot longer than us 

https://williamgeorge.shop/

Replies 6 (6)

Cart_Whisper-AB
Shopify Partner
49 2 9

Hi @WG_shop ,

Congrats on launching your Shopify store,  overall the shop looks very nice and professionally done, here are some minor improvements that might make the experience better and less confusing.

Home Page:

Cart_WhisperAB_0-1701427677822.png

1) Announcement Bar: I would suggest that the announcement bar has a different background colour, something to make it look different so it's more visible and notable.

2) Navigation Menu: In the menu, what is the purpose of having the "Shop - Buy It Now" , Products and then also Departments as separate options? Instead, I would lay out the collections Like the one below, and I would nest other categories together as a dropdown so the list does not get too long.

Cart_WhisperAB_1-1701428192198.png

Also, I noticed that the Auctions and About Us on the menu take the visitor to a different website, this is something that I would avoid, for the auctions, I understand, but for the About Us why not have a separate About Page on this site, you can in the about page put a link to the other website, but would not recommend doing that from the menu.

Also, I would add the delivery lead time on the product page and the delivery page.

If you have any questions or need more clarification feel free to ask.

Kind regards

Ab

Get Cart Whisper | Realtime Cart Insights/Unique Cart ID's App for Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Give me a 'Like'
- Was your question answered? Mark my Reply as an Accepted Solution

PageFly-Garcia
Shopify Partner
494 79 133

Hi @WG_shop 

I am Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder App. The bold font choice and modern color theme really make it stand out. And of course, the funny content is incredibly engaging! From my CRO expertise, I have some feedback for your Store and hope that they can help you increase the design.

Edit some elements on the homepage

• Add background color for announcement bar: A contrasting background color can catch visitors' attention, drawing their eyes to the announcement. This is especially useful for time-sensitive messages or promotions.
  • Reduce header size: As you are having sticky header so a smaller header allows more space for the main content of your website to be immediately visible to visitors when they land on the page. 
  • Change hero banner into slideshow: You are selling a lot of products so slideshows allow you to convey multiple messages, promotions, or products within the same prominent space on your website. Each slide can highlight a different aspect of your business.

PageFlyGarcia_0-1701481517264.png

Add more featured products on Home page

Some collections may contain your most popular or high-margin products. Displaying them prominently can encourage visitors to explore and make purchases.

You can refer this example:

PageFlyGarcia_1-1701481542247.png

Product page

• Highlight key function on product description
  • Add more product images:
    + Close-Ups of Features: Highlight key features and functionalities by including close-up shots. For example, if you're selling a refrigerator, show the interior, shelves, and compartments.
    + Product in Use: Display the appliance in a real-world setting to help customers visualize how it would fit into their daily lives. For example, show a coffee maker with a fresh cup of coffee or a vacuum cleaner in action.

PageFlyGarcia_2-1701481581489.png

Collection page

PageFlyGarcia_3-1701481594191.png

• Use ‘Load More’ Instead of Pagination

"Load More" can be advantageous for SEO, and also it provides a more controlled and predictable user experience. 

• Have a Secondary Hover Image

Including a secondary hover image provides an interactive element to your website. When users hover over a product or element, they get an immediate visual response, making the browsing experience more engaging.

Prepare for Christmas

• Utilize countdown timers to instill a sense of urgency for time-sensitive offers or flash sales, effectively encouraging conversions.
  • Provide customers with the option of gift wrapping during the checkout process, making it hassle-free for those purchasing presents for loved ones.
  • Offer exclusive holiday promotions, discounts, or special deals to entice customers. Highlight these offers prominently on your website to catch the attention of potential buyers.PageFlyGarcia_4-1701481632187.png

Hope it helps! 

Cheers,
Garcia

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

WG_shop
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Garcia

Thanks for going through the site; I am struggling to find the option to change the pagination to "load more" Could you help me find this option, please?

PageFly-Garcia
Shopify Partner
494 79 133

Hi @WG_shop , Thank you for considering my suggestions. 

1. The availability of this feature is contingent on your current theme's settings. You can explore the option of contacting the theme's support team to discuss the feasibility of implementing custom code to enable this feature.

2.If custom coding isn't a viable solution, you might want to explore the possibility of switching to a different theme.

Below is an example from Urge theme: 

PageFlyGarcia_0-1701740957628.png

3.Another alternative is to leverage a page builder app, such as GemPages or PageFly, to construct a product list section, as demonstrated below: 

PageFlyGarcia_1-1701741092210.png

Hope it helps,
Garcia 

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Gojiberry-Amee
Shopify Partner
187 12 48

Hi WG_Shop, 

This is Amee from Gojiberry - Shopify Survey & Feedback App

Your shop looks nicely done! I took a look at your store and have a few suggestions that will help increase conversion rate: 

1. Testimonials/Reviews. Showcasing a few testimonials on your home page -- whether from online customers or family/friends, helps promote more consumer trust and confidence. 
2. Revamping detail pictures. Seems like you only have one picture per refurbished product. It would be good to have some pictures of the actual product to show details and any small blemishes it might have. Also, it gives buyers an understanding that you have the product in stock. 
3. Call to action button. Add an add-to-cart button or any call-to-action button underneath each product. 
Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 11.01.00.png
4.  Clear messaging. I was wondering why the products could be so cheap when I first entered your site. It wasn't clear to me that the product was refurbished (but not counterfeit) until I scrolled down to your blog section. 
5. Ask your customers! (Most effective for increasing conversion) When you have some converting customers, ask them how they found out about your shop. You can easily do so with a post-purchase survey app, and reward your customers with coupons/points to keep them coming back again. Once you find out your strongest marketing channel, focus more effort and money on that.

Hope this helps! 

Amee | Gojiberry Team 

If you like my suggestion please give it a LIKE or mark it as a solution! ★★★★★

Gojiberry - Best post-purchase survey and feedback app for Shopify | Install on App Store for free
Shopify Community is helpful, BUT... why not start asking your customers for feedback instead?

The Ultimate 12 Best Practices to Growing Your Shopify Store

WG_shop
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks for taking the time to review the site and for the feedback; it's much appreciated. 
I'll action the things we can.