FROM CACHE - en_header

New store with views, just no purchases.

roseloft
2 0 2

roseloftboutique.myshopify.com 

Hi guys, I recently opened an online boutique. I was wondering if I could get your feed back on my store and if there is anything that I should add or take out. 

Replies 5 (5)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @roseloft,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

rose-loft-boutique-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". WhiteHatJr is a great example of a banner that converts:

white-hat-jr.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

If a custom logo is out of budget, here is a free option:

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

THEME
I’d recommend a theme change. I know it’s no small task, however, the visitor's first impression establishes whether they feel your store is trustworthy or not. I would highly recommend Debutify, you can download it for free or upgrade to one of their paid plans in order to gain access to their add-ons. They have 53 add-ons that will definitely save you money on monthly app costs. Some of my favorites are collection filters, custom currencies, delivery time and trust badges. We did a review on the theme in this video if you want to take a look:

PS: If you decide to give Debutify a try, here is our affiliate link: https://debutify.sjv.io/c/2837919/972143/12660

Using our affiliate link helps support us at no extra cost to you by telling Debutify we sent you. 

REVIEWS
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

PRODUCTS
As you know, clothing can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a shirt or a swimsuit in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2776 387 1735

Hi @roseloft 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

So I have just gone through your website and here are some of my thoughts about your pages. First of all,  You did a great job, so give yourself a pat on the back. You’ve put in some hard work and it shows. 

Plus points: 

• A clear layout with elegant color, suitable with the mood of the store
  • You have clear and beautiful media which help the customer fully understand what is your products

The number one reason why you don’t have any sale at the moment is the fact that sometimes your customers can’t check-out for the products due to technical issues

issue.png

Besides that, I would like to give you some suggestions for improvement. Hope you find it valuable

• Make the menu sticky: A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.
  • Optimize your hero banner: when the customers first arrive at your page, they will have the first impression of who you are, what you’re selling and The hero banner will help you to deliver those messages. By making it full-width, you can make your website look much more open, and also, in my experience, adding a CTA button on the hero banner can significantly increase the conversion rate. You can check out this guide to learn how to Personalize your Homepage.  Also, the text on the top would look much better and capture more attention if you turn it into as a banner for your Header. 

hero.png

• Add testimonial - customer reviews: People love proof, they will buy products if they see many positive reviews. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos. You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with a photo gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!
  • Add a section about your brand story: This also helps to build trust and brand awareness to your audience, especially when your customers find your story relatable and inspiring. And design-wise, this section makes your page more attractive and professional.
  • Some other small suggestions
    • Increase the consistency of your page: by using media in the same size within the same collection will not only help increase the consistency of your page, but it also make your brand look more professional.
    • Adding social media buttons: Why write down your Instagram @ when you can add a CTA button for it so your customers can easily access your account, or even better showcase your picture from your IG account to your website using Instagram elements from PageFly -Free Landing Page Builder. 

Overall, your page looks good with a clean layout and good niche. And if you looking for a page building solution to turn your vision into high-converting page, you always have the opts for PageFly Page BuilderPageFly has a free plan with 1 customized Home page, 1 customized landing / regular page, 1 customized Product page, 1 customized Collection page, 1 customized Blog post page as well as all our templates and I believe our product can satisfy your need.

If these feedback about the homepage is helpful, please give me a "like". Thank you so much and I hope your business is successful! 

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online. 

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @roseloft 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

• You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Awesome Shopify store and congrats on getting it up and running! 

• Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly, definitely an overlooked spot
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 
  • add a blog that would be a cool way to add some organic traffic and feature some collabs
  • I would also add some customer reviews, of course as you get them 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
KimberlyB
Tourist
38 0 1

Hi @roseloft,

I suggest you try affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing makes your brand more reliable to potential customers. A brand will always say good things about its products and buyers rarely believe them. They will only trust your brand if they hear good things about your brand from other sources, like their favorite blogger, or the YouTube channel they always follow. To learn more about it you can always visit our blog.

We also offer an app that can help you generate codes, track and monitor ambassador's sales. If you want to give it a try, install it for free here