FROM CACHE - en_header

New Store

faron
1 0 3

I just opened up and have been tweaking it as I learn more.  I'm running ads and getting a lot of traffic, of course it's probably not compared to some.  Views are in the thousands but visits are in the tens.  Zero purchases.  Getting a bit frustrated but still pushing on.  Take a look and give me some feedback if you will.  Many thanks.  www.thedogsays.com

Replies 8 (8)
Sodeeq
Excursionist
24 0 1

I have checked your store I can see the store was print on demand store, I have suggested for the store for you to start making sales for the store

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @faron,

Sorry to hear that you've been spending on ads with no return. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

screencapture-thedogsays-2021-08-19-09_27_48 (1).png

POD PRODUCTS
This is something we see very commonly on the forums. People tend to start shops selling Print on demand (POD) designs on hoodies, shirts, tote bags and etc. Print on demand products tend to work well for people with large followings. Ie. popular YouTubers, Instagram influencers, etc. When you don’t have an existing following of die-hard fans that want to wear your merch, it’s a hard sell.
The POD design mistakes we see most commonly are:

1. Designs that are already commonly sold
  2. Brands using their own logo (when no one knows who they are)
  3. Unique designs, however, there is no demand for that type of product (and no one knows about them.)

When you are an unknown brand, it’s really difficult to sell POD products. As you know, shirts, hoodies, tote bags and etc. can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a hoodie or tshirt in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery. I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store. 

If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. What we recommend is selling winning products. A winning product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend 3x what it costs you for the product.

We did a video that explains how and where to find winning products that you can watch here:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try (one of the methods we recommend for finding winning products), here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp

Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We regularly post a selection of winning products on our YouTube channel, here is our latest one:

If you’d like to see more, consider subscribing.

POD TIP
I'd recommend comparing several POD websites for which offers the best profit margins. We have done several comparisons on our TikTok account:
Hoodies: https://www.tiktok.com/@ecomgeeks/video/6981560079539539206?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
Mugs: https://www.tiktok.com/@ecomgeeks/video/6982997024115363078?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
T-Shirts: https://www.tiktok.com/@ecomgeeks/video/6980434086384913669?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
Hats: https://www.tiktok.com/@ecomgeeks/video/6990810694971067654?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

You can and may choose to have a different supplier for each product.

When searching, compare Gooten, Printify and Printful for the best price so that you can offer your audience a great price and still be able to make a decent profit as well.

Printful: https://apps.shopify.com/printful
Printify: https://apps.shopify.com/printify
Gooten: https://apps.shopify.com/gooten

Also, here are a few POD products you might consider printing on:

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

If a custom logo is out of budget, here is a free option:

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1366 193 871

Hi @faron ,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. It’s pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

RichardNguyen_0-1629390873992.png

You see, when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

When you have more products or collections, you should put them into your menu. It makes customers feel they have more choice in your store.

2. Create your own hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. 

What should you do?

RichardNguyen_5-1629391142754.png

- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers 

- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling. You can use the slideshow, the other text color to make it highlighted.

3. Adjust and less/more content on your homepage

Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information on your homepage. You should show your collections/product lists. I think 1 product list with 1 product detail is better than 3 product details on the homepage. If you show a list, you still should have CTA buttons. Creating a clean and pretty page with some CTA buttons leads customers to explore more or BUY NOW.

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that are displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

RichardNguyen_2-1629391015887.png

I found an article for you about third-party apps that are 07 Tools to Boost Your Conversion Rates.

4. Classify the principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page

One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they most want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate. 

I found that you have a few CTA buttons now and they lead to other pages. It should be linked to the Cart page or Checkout page

Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for the same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page. To make it more highlighted you can use hover color for your button.

RichardNguyen_7-1629391523846.png

5. Comments for other layouts and content

I have other small comments during your site, please check the below images:

RichardNguyen_6-1629391328472.png

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark it as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @faron 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Do remarketing ads for website traffic
  • Voila Shopify app  adds a highly efficient cart feature proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Show multiple Discount coupon code on cart page )
  • Improve ON PAGE SEO
  • Collection page layout needs to improve

• Product page layout needs to improve

• Cart page layout needs to improve

cartpageexample.png

• There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. We suggest you install a Free app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes it easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4064 808 857

Hi @faron,

Hope you are doing well. I saw your website and have to say that it impressed me with its cuteness and simplicity. However, I want provide you some suggestions below: 

Product Zoom In 

LitExtension_0-1629453618202.png

Firstly, you should add the ‘product zoom in’ feature into each image on the homepage. When the site visitors hover over each item, they can see it’s details more clearly and perceive them more authentically.

Use The Fixed Menu Bar

The fixed menu bar will increase the level of convenience for your website. When the site visitors scroll down the page, it will stick with their movements. Hence, they can choose to access other pages without having to scroll up.

Use The Horizontal Menu Bar.

LitExtension_1-1629453618197.png

In my opinion, the navigation bar should be horizontal and on the top of the page instead of vertical. By using this new option, you can give your website more breathing room to emphasize the key content. In addition, it will also enhance readability. Research from the Internet has shown that “most websites use horizontal navigation”, so you should consider it.  

Add A ‘Benefits’ Section

LitExtension_2-1629453618150.png

Currently, I see that you only show the ‘Always Free Shipping’ text on the homepage. Along with it, why don’t you try adding a new section to display more benefits that customers can receive while purchasing your products? For example: refund guarantee, quality certification, etc.

Add The ‘You Might Be Interested In’ Section.

LitExtension_3-1629453618111.png

After a potential customer clicks on an item on the homepage or product page, he/she will be redirected to the product description page. Hence, I suggest that you can create the ‘You might be interested in’ section to it. If site visitors don't like the products that they are viewing, they can check out other products and make their purchases if they are interested in them. Another possibility is that you can push sales by encouraging potential customers to buy more items after they have already chosen a suitable product.

Add Banners On Your Online Store.

Adding banners is a great way to improve the sales performance. They help you announce discount information or coupon codes that your online store is offering. If you don’t know how to create a banner, you can read this guide from the Shopify team. 

Use The Chatbox Function

Lastly, you should consider adding a chat box on your website. This function will help you directly interact with the site visitors and explain any concerns from their sides. As a result, you can convert them to potential customers more quickly. Check out this chatbox app from Shopify App Store.

Hope that my answer is helpful for you. 

Please hit like or mark as a solution if you find my comments helpful. Thanks and Good luck with your project!

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Get your 1-month Shopify free trial from LitExtension. CONTACT US!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
713 68 272

Hi @faron 

I have visited your store and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you

• Homepage

The first thing you should improve is resizing your logo. It takes up a lot of space in the header of the homepage and leaves blank spaces around it. Besides, you can make a sticky navigation menu so that visitors can easily go through important sections. The constant presence of the menu bar reminds users that other pages, ones they probably need, are also available.

It seems like your homepage displays only your collections. You should add a banner to showcase your products with a CTA button to stimulate the customer’s interest. Besides, you can add testimonials to build trust and credibility from new customers. A brief introduction about your business and unique selling points will leave a good impression on customers’ minds. So please take into consideration these points.

Besides, I think you should add a sale off price for products displaying on the homepage because it is a good way to stimulate customers to buy. An appealing product with a good quality image and reasonable price wins customers’ hearts.

And it will be much better if customers hover on your products and it appears add to cart button or view more button. You can also activate the sticky cart icon on your website. This enhances the user experience and makes the checkout process simple and easy for them. Moreover, having a sticky add to cart on your store will attract customers to your store and help to increase the conversion rate by reducing the cart abandonment rate. Try out this app Advanced Sticky Add To Cart

• Product page

Many product images on your product page are duplicated and oversize which make your site less attractive anđ professional. Don’t forget to leave a brief product description and add a Customer Review section to build trust and credibility from new customers.

One more suggestion for the product page is that you can create product bundles and display them on your website as a way to attract customers to buy more products. Bundles with hot deals is an effective cross-sell method applied in hundreds of websites. You can try app Bundle Product Volume Discount to create product bundles for free.

That’s all my suggestions for your store. If you find them helpful, please give me a Like

Happy selling! 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 15.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25
You've Got to Bake Emotion into Your Design!
Shrink your logo down and remove the giant logo in the bottom of the page.
Rethink your colors.
Colors affect our emotions and how you use them affect how someone feels when they land on your website.
At the top of the page you need a hero image.
This is a full-width image that runs across the top of your page and doesn't use any whitespace.
It occupies the best real estate.
And it Demands Attention!
Images communicate 60,000 times faster than text.
And when you have .05 milliseconds to make a first impression ... to get them to stay, do you have any other choice?
What you're looking for is an image-focused design.
Bold graphics that immediately engages the user and draws them in.
A hero image is the #1 best tool for communicating a message.
It's an introduction, elevator pitch, it immediately tells the visitor what your purpose is.
What you're wanting is an image that shows not just how a product looks but how it works.
An image that has an emotional impact, inspires, and reinforces the call to action, that is written on top of it. 
The best way to sell a product is to let the product sell itself.
Emotion Overrides Logic!
Add a call to Action!
Make sure the call to action has contrast in its colors, to make it jump out of the design and stand out the most on the page.
Show real people the same age as your target market and have them looking in the direction of the call to action.
Design different images for different devices to help with website load times.
JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hi @faron 

Great store! Shopify is definitely a long game so hang in there, it'll be worth it. 

• I would focus on ensuring your product photography is on more of your product pages - that would show your customers using the product. Stage a couple of photo shoots. 
  • Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly, definitely an overlooked spot
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 
  • add a blog that would be a cool way to add some organic traffic and feature some collabs, information about your products and everything else you want to share
  • I would also add some customer reviews, of course as you get them 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners