From looking at your website the first thing I noticed was your menu. Some people are okay with the menu being on two lines, but I think menus look better when they are one lined and in the center. I think you can make an hierarchy menu by combining the About Us, Contact Us, and FAQ (possibly the Allergen Information as well). So when they hover over the About Us, the Contact Us and FAQ pages appear below. It seems that your logo is appearing small but it is occupying a larger section. To explain this if you over over to the right of your logo and you continue to move slowly to the right, you will notice that your mouse will act like it wants to click on something and then there is a small empty space right before the Home button. I also think it is hard to have a color badge as a logo. As long as your background color is white, it is better to have a text logo. Speaking of your logo, I noticed that you don't have an favicon. If you look up into this forum you will see that Shopify has added their green logo badge as their favicon.
I think you got the right idea on your home page regarding featured products, but it seems those are your collections and you only have four of them. When you go back to your customization dashboard, when you go to the featured products section, you might want to rename them to featured collections and make that number go from 5 to 4. It is because you have an empty space to the right of the Wax Melts. I really do love how you display your items. Instead of showing the product's images you have a Text Photo as the featured image. I think that is very unique and keeps your store organized since you are taking the product photos yourself. Very smart. I might actually have to take your idea when I develop another store.
You should have at least one feature product which will show the product's image, its name, description and price. Underneath that you need to add a newsletter section so people can sign up for your email list. Your customers might not buy an item now, but if they join your email list, you might be able to sell a newly added item that they might want. Also, you can engage with those customers who signed up on your email list.
One last thing since this is already long, you will need to fix your social media links. They lead to a 404 page.
Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.
Improve store Logo further which gives Identity and separates from the competition
Make Sticky Header for easy navigation.
Add related images in the Featured products, on the Homepage.
Mention more contact details of your store to look trustworthy.
You can also promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store which helps to increase your sales further.
There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.
You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store.
- Homepage recommended layout - The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this, top announcement bar, Slideshow banners, Collection List, Product Recommendations, product reviews, Newsletter sign-up box, Blog Posts, Instagram Feed & footer.
- Add a high-quality banner image on the homepage.
- Issue with navigation - Make your store easy to navigate. Add a sticky header with a drop-down menu. If your store will be easy to navigate it will help you to reduce the bounce rate.
- Add loyalty rewards program. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this article on how you can optimize your conversion rate of your homepage.
1. The banner should be fullwidth and currently it is cut off. The Hero Banner is the first thing your visitors see when they enter you store so you might need to pay some extra attention to it. As you can see in the screenshot, the banner look weird as there's 2 white spaces on the sides and makes the image looks small and disproportionate, so I'd suggest making the banner full width and make the image contain instead of being cut off like that.
2. Make the CTA more prominent. Our ultimate goal is to lure the customers to make actions as we wish and follow the CTA that we strategically place across the website. Therefore, we need to make those buttons as impressive and eye-catching as much as possible.
3. Using actual Products inside the Collection. The Collection Titles are already presented in the middle so there's no use of repeat it in the background. Instead, we can add Product images so that visitors can understand what they will see when they click in that collection
4. The Zoom In effect does not work in this case. As your Product Image already include the description and the text is already legible, I don't think you should use Zoom in effect, that will make it even harder to read the text.
II/ Collection Page
1. You should use actual Product Image. As a visitor, I don't understand the product you're selling as there's no image denoting.
2. Adding more CTA helps you encourage the customers to click on the product and go to Product page.
You must've invested a lot of time and effort into this and I think you're making great progress so keep up the good work 😉 For more information, you can consider subscribing to our channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies. The first video about picking winning Dropshipping products in June 2021 is out now! We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time!
hi @Waxshed ,
After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.
Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.
You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.
There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.
I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite
This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails.
If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too