Newbie Store Needs Honest Criticism & Recommendations

Solved
CooksMercantile
Tourist
10 0 0

Hello,  Shopify community,

I am new like most and seen these threads.

Will someone review my Shopify store?

cook-s-mercantile.myshopify.com

https://cooksmercantile.net

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @CooksMercantile, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:

- Categorize the products.

- Add a call to action button on the banner image.

- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed. 

To add a section of new/ trending/ recently viewed products you can install the app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.

- Add a footer menu like quick links, social media links.

- Add categories in the header menu.

- Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add chatbot, web push notification, reviews, and many others. It will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate. It will help you to capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. You have stunning products in your store but you are lacking in engagement features. So you can try out some outstanding features that accelerate a store’s engagement.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)
CarrieS
2 0 3

So, i am new to building my shopify store as well, I am giving my critical, but well intentioned first impressions as a shopper, only.   

Right away, the blue background was off-putting for me.  White will allow the small photos to be the star of the show.  

Clicking on a product..... 

This description of these wooden spoons does not entice me to purchase from you vs just going to amazon but something like this may   Eg: 

Cook's Mercantile // 6pc. Wooden Utensils Set 

This set of 6 large teak kitchen utensils from cooks mercantile include a spatula, ladle colander and several spoons.  These utensils are made of teak for a comfortable hand-feel and the coating will allow for repeated use and washing.  They are beautiful enough to use at your family table for serving.   

Something every Household Kitchen needs is a good set of Wooden Cooking Utensils.

• Wooden Utensils Set of 6
  • Large Kitchen Cooking Utensil for Non Stick Cookware
  • Natural Teak Wood
  • Spoons
  • Spatula
  • Ladle
  • Colander
CooksMercantile
Tourist
10 0 0

Thanks CarrieS!! that's what I am looking for, an honest opinion. not gonna hurt my feelings any! budget is low because the wife and I have full time day jobs. Thanks a bunch again for the insight. Good Luck with your store!

CooksMercantile
Tourist
10 0 0

I made the changes to the background color and WOW what a difference it makes. I also changed the listing that I did not notice how it was different from description, I also noticed your recommendation for the descriptive listing/description, I used yours and added some words. I did not think to look at my descriptions that way!! Thanks AGAIN CarrieS!!!!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @CooksMercantile, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:

- Categorize the products.

- Add a call to action button on the banner image.

- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed. 

To add a section of new/ trending/ recently viewed products you can install the app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.

- Add a footer menu like quick links, social media links.

- Add categories in the header menu.

- Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add chatbot, web push notification, reviews, and many others. It will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate. It will help you to capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. You have stunning products in your store but you are lacking in engagement features. So you can try out some outstanding features that accelerate a store’s engagement.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

CooksMercantile
Tourist
10 0 0

How will this work with Oberlo? Will I have to delete Oberlo? Will the inventory transfer over between platforms/apps? What’s the catch/cost? I’m sure I’m not asking some important questions, but that’s all I can think of. 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @CooksMercantile, nothing will happen. You don't have to delete Oberlo. You can simply install AiTrillion and start using it. If you have any issue feel free to contact at support@aitrillion.com

Thanks

CooksMercantile
Tourist
10 0 0

I will talk it over with the wife but will keep you in mind if I find any troubles with what was originally offered. Thank you.