No Buyers

Solved
ckofalltrades
2 0 0

Hello, Community, this is Caroline. 

I opened my store, ck-of-all-trades.com, in late January. Since that time I have had two buying customers. My traffic is high, as of today, March 23, I am at 4809 total visitors with 204 visitors today. I am presently adding drop-down menus in order to optimize my store. Shoppers are loading their carts and arriving at the checkout, but leaving without purchasing anything. I have offered discounts, free shipping, percentage off on some items, and I have sent out gift cards to those who have subscribed. I am at a loss as to what else I can do.

I will be happy for any suggestions. Please free to visit my store, ck-of-all-trades.com, and provide me with any feedback you may have for me.

Thanks, Community.

Caroline

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 68 136

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ckofalltrades!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I've had a look at your site and have provided some suggestions below of how you may be able to increase your sales conversions and improve the overall look of your store. I've also provided a list of resources I recommend checking out as well that will help you gain some knowledge and understanding of customer behaviour.

Your site is nice, but the green colour can be very off-putting and strain the eyes. If you have a look at stores similar to yours, take note of their colour schemes to give you an idea of colours that may work better without jumping out at a customer too much. Similarly, the blue font over the images makes it hard to read your messages. I've included a screenshot example below:

For your product lists, try to ensure the titles aren't too long as they can be uninviting. Short sharp titles are a must, and you can put extra detail into the description instead. As an example, instead of "10pcs/lot Plastic Fishing Hook Secure Keeper Holder Lure Accessories Jig Hooks Safe Keeping For Fishing Rod Tool Bait Casting" you could try "Secure Fishing Rod Holder - 10 pieces". You'll find a lot of dropshipping sites have long titles like this, so try to shorten these and add a description to the product instead.

I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales.

Have you heard about the Shopify Blog? It's got loads of great content on ways for you to drive sales into your store. I've got some great recommendations below that I'd recommend taking a look at:

Driving Traffic but No Sales?

• We give you 13 steps to improve your conversions.
  • Who is your target audience, and does your sites look and feel cater to them?
  • Is your business trustworthy? (Also see the next recommendation below for more on this)

The 39-Point Store Trust Checklist

• Work through a checklist to make sure your store is trusted by potential customers.
  • Look at the "nice to haves" vs "must-haves" in your store.
  • Do you have essential information for your customers to view, like policies?

Email marketing is the best way to keep your customers engaged. Once you've chosen a marketing strategy and had customers sign up, it's a great time to keep in touch with them! I've outlined two potential options for you below.

Shopify Email
Shopify Email is a great way to get started with email marketing. With Shopify Email, you can create beautiful email newsletters that showcase your products and keeping customers updated. At the moment, it's fairly new so automated emails aren't currently an option. Automated emails are things like welcome emails (sent when a customer signs up), thank you emails (a quick thank you to customers who have purchased from your store) and many more. We are working hard to bring this to Shopify Email, but in the meantime, we do have some solid apps in the Shopify App Store.

Email Marketing Apps
Email marketing apps are super handy to send newsletters, welcome emails, thank you emails and so much more. Email marketing allows you to create newsletters, send automated emails (e.g. welcome emails, thank you emails etc) and you can also edit them and really bring your brand to life. I've recommended a couple for you below.

Seguno

• Free to use up for up to 250 subscribers.
  • Send unlimited emails.
  • Editing templates will feel familiar as they use editors similar to Shopify's Theme Editor.

Klaviyo

• Sell more with pre-built email flows, including abandoned cart and winback emails.
  • Combine data from Shopify and other leading apps to segment your audience and send super-targeted, personalized email campaigns.

If you need more advice, please feel free to reply to this thread. Good luck!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Caroline!

I took a look at your store, and one design issue that stood out is the green background.

Have you heard of web accessibility? In short, some customers might have a hard time reading your website due to the colors not having enough contrast.

A short Google on color accessibility: http://web-accessibility.carnegiemuseums.org/design/color/

Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 68 136

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ckofalltrades!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I've had a look at your site and have provided some suggestions below of how you may be able to increase your sales conversions and improve the overall look of your store. I've also provided a list of resources I recommend checking out as well that will help you gain some knowledge and understanding of customer behaviour.

Your site is nice, but the green colour can be very off-putting and strain the eyes. If you have a look at stores similar to yours, take note of their colour schemes to give you an idea of colours that may work better without jumping out at a customer too much. Similarly, the blue font over the images makes it hard to read your messages. I've included a screenshot example below:

For your product lists, try to ensure the titles aren't too long as they can be uninviting. Short sharp titles are a must, and you can put extra detail into the description instead. As an example, instead of "10pcs/lot Plastic Fishing Hook Secure Keeper Holder Lure Accessories Jig Hooks Safe Keeping For Fishing Rod Tool Bait Casting" you could try "Secure Fishing Rod Holder - 10 pieces". You'll find a lot of dropshipping sites have long titles like this, so try to shorten these and add a description to the product instead.

I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales.

Have you heard about the Shopify Blog? It's got loads of great content on ways for you to drive sales into your store. I've got some great recommendations below that I'd recommend taking a look at:

Driving Traffic but No Sales?

• We give you 13 steps to improve your conversions.
  • Who is your target audience, and does your sites look and feel cater to them?
  • Is your business trustworthy? (Also see the next recommendation below for more on this)

The 39-Point Store Trust Checklist

• Work through a checklist to make sure your store is trusted by potential customers.
  • Look at the "nice to haves" vs "must-haves" in your store.
  • Do you have essential information for your customers to view, like policies?

Email marketing is the best way to keep your customers engaged. Once you've chosen a marketing strategy and had customers sign up, it's a great time to keep in touch with them! I've outlined two potential options for you below.

Shopify Email
Shopify Email is a great way to get started with email marketing. With Shopify Email, you can create beautiful email newsletters that showcase your products and keeping customers updated. At the moment, it's fairly new so automated emails aren't currently an option. Automated emails are things like welcome emails (sent when a customer signs up), thank you emails (a quick thank you to customers who have purchased from your store) and many more. We are working hard to bring this to Shopify Email, but in the meantime, we do have some solid apps in the Shopify App Store.

Email Marketing Apps
Email marketing apps are super handy to send newsletters, welcome emails, thank you emails and so much more. Email marketing allows you to create newsletters, send automated emails (e.g. welcome emails, thank you emails etc) and you can also edit them and really bring your brand to life. I've recommended a couple for you below.

Seguno

• Send unlimited emails.
  • Editing templates will feel familiar as they use editors similar to Shopify's Theme Editor.

Klaviyo

• Sell more with pre-built email flows, including abandoned cart and winback emails.
  • Combine data from Shopify and other leading apps to segment your audience and send super-targeted, personalized email campaigns.

If you need more advice, please feel free to reply to this thread. Good luck!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @ckofalltrades, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Make the header menu professional. Add a sticky header.

Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.