No Sales Feedback

Fabian_weldon
Pathfinder
121 0 26

I have my site running for a few months now and have spent some money on both Facebook and google ads (mainly google).

With around 3000 store sessions I am yet to get a single purchase however. I also have an instagram account I run for it with around 500 followers.

I would greatly appreciate any opinions anyone might have on why this is.

Thanks in advance

Replies 6 (6)
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
318 64 194

Hey there, @Fabian_weldon

Great question! Would you please share the link to your website?

On the surface, a few things cross my mind:

1. Just because your ads are bringing in traffic doesn’t mean the ads are successful.

Something is obviously happening between the ad and your store:

• Your ads promise one thing but your site promises another.
  • Product-specific ads could be linking to your homepage rather than specific product pages.
  • You’re targeting the wrong audience. While they are interested enough to click into it, they don’t care enough to move forward. 

Do you use any visitor behavior tools like heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happens during someone’s visit)? You can filter this data by source and UTM parameters (if you use them in the ads). You can watch those visitors come to your site and understand what they are doing.

Are they clicking around?
Are they bouncing?

2. Where in the sales funnel are you losing them?

If you’re driving traffic, you’re doing something right. Now you need to figure out what your site is doing to stop them from moving into the next step of the funnel. Using your click heatmap, see where they click and where they aren’t clicking.

Are your CTAs obvious?
Is your main navigation not optimized for customers? (I.e., don’t have extra option for things like About, Contact, or Track Your Order unless they are clicked)

If you have visitors making it through to the product page, look at:

1. Where is the traffic from? If you’re missing international shipping information but have international traffic, it’s missed.
  2. Is the ordering process confusing? I don’t know what you sell, but a confusing ordering process can be a turn off.
  3. Do you leave shipping info to the check out? Your visitors likely want to know what shipping will cost before they make it to the last step.
  4. Are you missing critical details? For example, is your description missing or look more like a dropshipper? 
  5. Is there a trust issue? Do you have reviews that stand out as a red flag? This could be low ratings or reviews that look fake. 
  6. Is the return period too short? Again, if someone sees a short return period, that could be enough for them to not proceed in your sales funnel. Even if they don’t return a product, the ability to return a product over a longer period could sway them. 
  7. Is there anything that makes your visitors question if they can trust you? I’m talking about lack of email addresses, misspellings, etc. 

Run a poll asking your visitors what’s stopping them from checking out today.

Also, look at your dashboard to see what devices are most used by people. If you find that your overall traffic is mainly from one country or on one device BUT those who get farthest into the funnel are from a different device or country, you know there’s an issue.

3. Do you use live chat?

If your visitors have questions, you need to provide answers. An away form/contact us page works by giving them access to a potential answer, but a live chat lets you answer their questions while they are on your site. 

Also, be sure to include your email address for easier methods of contact.

For most information specific to your store, just let us know your URL. In the meantime, visitor behavior is going to be key.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4015 242 733

Hello @Fabian_weldon, please share your store URL.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Fabian_weldon
Pathfinder
121 0 26
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1050 142 343

Hey @Fabian_weldon,

Sorry to hear, that's really discouraging. If you share your store URL I can take a better look but when you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

I will leave it at that for now until I am able to see your store (tag me when you post it) but I'd like to personally invite you to join a free training we have coming up. We cover what your store is struggling with: high traffic with no sales, spending on Ads with no return and visitors abandoning cart. We will help you develop a profitable ad strategy and learn how to generate free traffic, transform your Shopify store into a professional. trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and help you find winning products that people can’t wait to buy. Our free private Facebook training is happening on April 26 – 30, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST). You can sign up here. Really hope you join us!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Fabian_weldon
Pathfinder
121 0 26

thanks for the response.

My store Is www.ecowatches.co.uk 

I do have audience targeting on my ads which is pretty narrow actually. Not only am I getting no sales but very few add to carts compared to my traffic.

Thanks for any help

Xtreme_Solution
3 0 0

Its really a nice and clean store here is experienced  tip from my side.

Brief tip:
Add reviews on the product page. 90% of people read reviews before making a purchase. Reviews are very important in an online business.