FROM CACHE - en_header

No sales for 3 months since launching skincare brand

AmetrineSkin
1 0 0

Hey all,

I need some help with my store and would love your feedback on the overall site. www.ametrineskin.com

A bit of background 

I launched the site almost 3 months ago but had been building up social media (Instagram) slowly for about 3-4 months prior to that. Still not a lot of followers but everyone seemed super interested to buy. 

The site only has 2 products so far, both handmade skincare products but unfortunately there hasn’t been any sales even with the interest. The site has had 1200 viewer traffic and i have run facebook ads with cold audiences and lookalike audiences (instagram engaged viewers and website viewers) & different ad creatives and copy that seemed to get attention just no conversions. At the moment I’m running Pinterest ads as i got £75 free ad credit. 

I have also run multiple special offer codes which people were interested in and signed up for but never used. I have sent out email marketing although the subscriber list is quite small. 

I thought price could an issue but i have seen lots of competitors with similar products that sell for the same or slightly more expensive so am hesitant to drop prices because i know there’s a market somewhere. 

Thank you in advance for any feedback you give. 

Replies 4 (4)
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
742 68 264

Hello @AmetrineSkin 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a nice Logo which gives Identity and separates from the competition.

Make Sticky header for easy navigation.

Mention more contact details of your store to look trustworthy.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. 

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @AmetrineSkin 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Add Trust Badge and Highlight your USP
  • Add Featured Collection at home page
  • Open social profiles at new tab
  • Improve ON PAGE SEO
  • Improve store speed for mobile

amespeed.png

• Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust

amfont.png\

• Collection page layout needs to improve

• Product page layout needs to improve

• Cart page layout needs to improve

cartpageexample.png

Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
472 36 50

Hi @AmetrineSkin!

Ivy here from Shopify.

Your store is beautiful - it definitely exudes a feeling of high quality, and with your product being of such high quality and handmade I would not recommend lowering the price at the moment. A premium product like this should carry a premium price tag. I agree with you that there is a market for this - you are hitting all the major selling points such as vegan, handmade and cruelty free so if we can target the correct audience, I feel confident we can get sales off the ground for you! 

One thing I highly recommend is to re-look at your marketing plan:  figure out EXACTLY who it is that you think your ideal target customer is; who are they? what age are they? Why would these products appeal to them & how are they currently going looking for these products? This podcast, 'Using Customer Profiles as a Filter for Making Better Business Decisions — Podcasts' gives you a brilliant example of how to approach this. Key words in your case I feel would be vegan, handmade, cruelty free, palm oil free etc - showcase what make your product so unique and great! 

Have you tried running ads on Facebook or Instagram? We have a really helpful guide here on how to go about this: How to Create a Social Media Marketing Strategy: A Beginner's Guide. It is definitely worth checking this out.

Thanks, Ivy. 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify - OOO until August 22nd
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hello @AmetrineSkinThis is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. We are happy to help more than 100k+ Shopify merchants and would love to provide a solution to your questions.

- On the homepage, add price and call to action buttons like add to cart and shop now. Also, make use of bullet points for descriptions. 

AiTrillion_0-1621847736613.png

Missing Offers - You must show the offers and discounts banners on the store to collect emails and convert customers.

- You can try Giveaways.

- Having 2 products in the store, I would recommend you to add an attractive and engaging video of the product on the homepage showing the benefits and use of the product. 

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store you can install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.