No sales...no carts. Please critique my store.

sherrietoliver
1 0 1

I have been reading the posts and making changes to my store since it opened 90 days ago.  I have had some 

traffic, but no sales.  I've used one Facebook paid campaign so far which brought traffic but no sales. 

Appreciate any feedback on my store.

Thanks,

Sherrie

Replies 6 (6)
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
318 64 194

Hey there, @sherrietoliver!  

That’s a frustrating situation to be in. I’m sorry for the headaches of driving a campaign and then not seeing any sales. Let’s see what we can do.

First, an easy fix - make sure you have a favicon. 

Now, let’s dive in: 

Consider a different theme

I’ve seen the Simple theme work for some, but it’s not working for you. Even the free Debut may be better for your particular niche. A stronger top negation, hero image, etc. will be helpful here. I would suggest using a session recording, which shows you how people are moving around your store, to watch what happened when people landed on your website. Do they use your navigation? Do they leave immediately?

Part of the reason is that your header is large, and the extra text shouldn’t be necessary. Someone should be able to see your website and know exactly that you sell products just for the accounting and auditing communities. 

As a result, these is what your product pages look like: 

LuckyDanny_0-1631810309219.png

It’s not a very good experience, and it would be easy to get confused as a visitor. 

Develop a stronger logo
Your logo is hard to read, but it also doesn’t add the level of professionalism that your website needs. The background is too much here. Spend a little time to see if you can make it pop.

Rethink your homepage

Your homepage is likely the first impression someone gets of your website. I found myself following the F pattern of reading, which I missed your statement that it’s for accounting and auditing. I would suggest moving the navigation to the top and then adding an attractive hero image (singular) with a strong CTA. 

Next, I would add collections by job function. You need two - one for accounting and one for auditing. Make it easier for someone to come to your website and immediately jump to your products.

Check heatmaps, which shows you where people click or scroll, to get a better understanding of how far people are scrolling and where they are clicking. You can filter it by source and UTM parameters (among other segments), so you can get a better way to evaluate your traffic.

Build up your About Us page
You’ve struck gold here. You ARE an accountant and auditor, which means you have a story here. Bump that up! Add in your picture and make this personal. This isn’t going to make or break a sale, but it’s something that’s easy to do.

Work on your policy pages and contact page

• Link your email addresses
  • Include estimated shipping costs 
  • Add a simple contact form (name, email address, and message) to your Contact Us page

Optimize your navigation
I see that you’ve organized your collections by product rather than job. I would run an A/B test to see if people respond better to collections by job function or by product. Once you have that insight, I would build it out as such. Instead of hiding it in a drop-down, I would do something like Home | Shop All | For Accountants | For Auditors | Contact Us.

Blog and About Us can be kept in the footer unless it’s getting engagement, which you can evaluate with the heatmap. 

Update your collections and product names
Your collections have filters, but they aren’t very helpful. Think of filters that will help your visitors, such as color, price, rating, etc. Also, I would combine the name strategy. Instead of “Spreadsheets (Men’s Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt),” I would say, “Spreadsheets T-Shirt.” It’s going to be easier for your visitors to scan and quickly decide which products they are interested in. 

Make your product pages shine
This is the time to make your product pages everything someone could need. 

• Shipping: Don’t leave it in the checkout. Visitors want this upfront, and it’s typically an important part of their buying decision.
  • Description: This screams drop-shipping, from the description to the bullet points. This is where your experience in the industry will come into play. It’s okay to be cheesy here! Make this an attractive description that draws someone in to want to buy it. Keep in mind that they don’t care about things like ounces per yard squared or shoulder-to-shoulder taping. 
  • Size chart: While I’m a big fan of sizing charts, yours is confusing. With both worldwide and East Asia measurements, how is a visitor supposed to know which one to order? If I’m a L in worldwide measurements but a 2XL in East Asia measurements, what do I order? How do I know which one is the size I should be ordering? 
  • Reviews: Add in reviews here and include an invite in your post-purchase communications to encourage reviews. Avoid doing a product review dump from the drop-shipper. 

I know you’ve put a lot of work into this. You have a fun niche that’s personal, and you’re on the road to success. Use that visitor behavior to identify where and WHY your visitors are abandoning your site to see those sales roll in. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
CutOutWiz
Navigator
395 28 152

Hello @sherrietoliver 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Consider, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1934 268 1411

Hi @sherrietoliver ,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants. 

I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

PageFly_0-1631834338448.png

If your page is long, when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

2. Add favicon to your store

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it.

3. Add more content on your homepage

3.1 Create your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

PageFly_3-1631834621525.png

3.2 Have a CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

3.3 Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

3.4 Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product reviews to the page in easy ways

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that are displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

I found an article for you about third-party apps that are 07 Tools to Boost Your Conversion Rates and the best reviews app for your store.

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark it as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

flareAI
Shopify Partner
444 38 140

Hello @sherrietoliver,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add a form in the Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
3. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
5. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
6. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
7. A FAQ would be useful!
8. logo is an important part of your company's brand, and makes a significant impact on a company's public perception
9. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.
10. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
11. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

You will get less sales and traffic if your products are not found on Google. When your customers search on Google, your product can be found only if Google has indexed the page. flareAI will show which pages are found on Google, and which are not. flareAI also helps to get your new products found on Google, the world's largest FREE eCommerce sales channel.

Hope this was helpful,
Gina

Add flareAI Shopify App today!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4015 242 733

Hello @sherrietoliverThis is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. We are happy to help more than 100k+ Shopify merchants and would love to provide a solution to your questions.

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Add social media links, newsletter box in the footer

- Add a 'add to cart' button below the products. 

AiTrillion_0-1631880801674.png

You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers.

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

Hope you found my suggestions helpful!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
waytoapps
Navigator
468 37 187

Hello @sherrietoliver 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Organize the header and footer sections and Minimize the empty space on it.

Add a nice logo which gives Identity and separates from the competition.

Add a favicon which helps to find you when customer has multiple tabs in the browser.

Add Hero banner with Shop Now(CTA), as it gives first impression when customer lands on the Homepage

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps