I have been open for 8 days now and I can’t seem to get sales. I have made one sale and I’m just not sure why. This is very frustrating and disappointing. I have put so much time and work into this and nothing. I don’t do dropshipping, I purchase all my products and do the pictures myself. Could someone help me realize why I may not be making sales. I’m willing to put the work in, just not sure what to do. I have ran ads every where and have had almost 500 site visitors but only one sale. Please provide feedback.
My site is: marielees.con
Hello Ms Brittany @marielees
I saw your website. Food products good website good.
Please see my feedback below
I saw one of your products it had size as 2T many people may get confused what's 2T
Add size as below if possible showing size in CMS too.
Size Age Height
18 - 24 M 18 - 24 Months32 - 33.5" 81 - 85 cm
2T 2 Years 33.5 - 35" 85 - 89 cm
3T 3 Years 35 - 38" 89 - 96 cm
4T 4 Years 38 - 41" 96 - 104 cm
Add the material from which ur products are made from example cotton etc
Add wash instructions
Are your products pre wash that is pre shrunk or no shrink after washing add that too on product details page.
Add wash care instructions.
Does the color fade after washing ?
Shipping add shipping time you have mentioned with 2 days the order will dispatch add 3 to 5 days USA standard shipping or 5 to 7 days
For local delivery in an area you have mentioned once a week it's a bit confusing.
Try to provide free shipping.
Avoid payment in installments it's a small ticket items.
For refunds keep the refund window for 5 business days if product delivered is not correct damaged or manufacturing defects if any as you have mentioned.
Coming back to your sales how are you marketing your products I would love to grow ur sales online via digital channels
Feel free to contact on my email
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to make some updates. I am running ads through Pinterest, Google, Facebook and Instagram. I have many people suggesting that they like my products but no one is buying. I have checked with competitors to make sure my prices are competitive and I just do not know what else to do. With only being launched for 8 days, I do not know if I am rushing it. I just feel like I should have more sales if 500 people have viewed my site.
Hi @marielees (Ms Brittany)
Are you targeting your ads correctly via digital channels. Are you available for a quick call ?
PAUSE all your paid marketing campaigns. Have you done the correct ad account setup with correct ad setup and location targeting in google ? how much is your daily budget in google ?As low as $10 is good to go per day.
Google and Instagram gives sales. Avoid Ads on FB and Pinterest.
Also on your website add insta feed on home page.
I would love to grow your product sales. Let me know.
Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.
Now, onto my feedback..
Your website looks great. The fact that you have purchased the product and taken your own photos shows a lot of dedication. It's obvious you really care and are invested in this. I am very sorry to hear that you are not seeing the fruit of your labor yet but with your dedication, I'm sure that will change.
My first recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
The next thing I would say is that children's clothing is a very competitive market. When a person is searching in Google for children's clothing you've got big brands like Children's Place and Osh Kosh/Carters that are popping up because they are well established, well known brands with massive marketing budgets. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. For you, you are a mom running your own business and people would be likely to support you vs the big brands because they want to support local. That would be my suggestion- instead of running ads, join local Facebook pages, approach brick and mortar stores in your area that sell local products, advertise locally. Offer free local delivery or pick up perhaps and when you start to get customers, ask them to leave a positive review or offer a discount code for referring a friend. Once you build up that local clientele, then branch out - contact an influencer, a "mommy blogger" or "mommy vlogger (if on YouTube)" and work out a brand deal. That way your ad budget is very targeted, you know you are reaching your intended audience.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Have seen your site and it looks great. Clean and fresh. I love it.
However, I think you can point out some suggestions for you:
- On the banner, you should send the message to your customers. The "Shop Now" text can be replaced by "Describe more"
Of course, I think you need to change the image.
- You can add Quickview or Quickshop buttons for your products.
- You should have a section that shows the benefits when shopping on your site.
- Have seen your Instagram account, and it has a lot of good content. So you can try to add an Instagram gallery for your site to show the Instagram content.
If you want to have one, please check this Shoppable Instagram Gallery.
- On your product pages, you should add:
+ The Quantity section
+ Detailed description
+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods because you're selling many types of products.
- If you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you create many unique templates.
- Do you use any tools or apps that can help you track the analytics of your store. Not only report in Shopify admin, need deeper.
What product pages your customers visit the most? How long they stay?
When you answer many questions like that, you will know the reasons why you're not making sales.
Hope this helps!
Hello @marielees, I hope you are doing well! Here are some suggestions:
- There is a lot of blank space in the header.
- Increase the visibility of the search box.
- Add reviews on the homepage, product page. Reviews are an important tool in online shopping. It helps in building trust with other visitors. Before purchasing people tend to go through the reviews to see other customers' experiences.
- Make your store engaging to engage the visitors coming to your store. For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.
- Add a LiveChat/ chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Read this if you have lots of traffic and no sales
Hope this Helps!
I'd recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to Shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'SHOP' menu item. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot!
I also can't recommend our blog post that compiles a couple of dozen popular marketing articles that cover every stage of your business. There are some terrific articles in there that highlight ways to make your first sales on Shopify. I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.