No sales?

Irv_Brechner
5 0 0

Our store is: best-of-prime.myshopify.com

We sent an eamil to 20,000 known crochet lovers promoting specific crochet designs that you can see here: https://bestofprime.shop/collections/crochet

Over 200 people clicked on the products but no one bought. We had a discount code prominently featured in the targeted email. 

We offer free shipping on all orders. For example 36 people clicked on a crochet hoodie, 36 also on a crochet mask, etc. So they responded to the images in the email, but didn't buy.

Looking for feedback on why you might think hasn't been a single sale. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Replies 8 (8)
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @Irv_Brechner 

First of all, Congratulations on your Shopify Store! 

Here is my feedback:

Here are some feedbacks from my end: 

Banners and Headers:

Your banner is a good idea, but maybe consider adding a Call to Action (CTA) button to your banners, such as a "Shop Now" button, so that it can take your customers to the relevant page. So each banner image will have a Shop Now button, which will lead you to different product pages, such as crochets and quilts, etc.

Another suggestion is to make your headers sticky. This way, your headers will still appear even if you scroll down and make navigation easier for your customers. 

Chatbot: 

You must add a chatbot, which will give you great customer insights and make it easier for customers to have their questions answered. This is much easier than linking it to messenger, as your have to reply to each message personally. 

Reviews and Testimonials: 

To some customers, reviews are more important than product descriptions. If they see that many people like what you are selling, it builds a trust on your product. Add a reviews section to your home page to get better conversions. 

Captions:

CutOutWiz_0-1608132455395.png

There is a lot of text here which people are not likely to read. Consider instead placing a few key words only, and using the rest of the free space for other images. 

Product Images: 

It is probably a better idea to use one product per image, instead of clamping them into one image. In fact, you should have multiple images for the same product, from multiple images, so that customers can understand what your product is going to look like. 

Finally, I understand the effort behind sending out so many emails, and your frustration is valid. But also consider using targeted ads on Facebook, so that you can specify exactly those who are searching for this kind of materials. Also consider adding a newsletter so that those who subscribe can get the mails about your discounts. You can put this newsletter subscription as a popup on the home page. 

Hope you find your answer here. Thank you and best of luck! Remember to reach out in case of any questions!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
darrenj1
Excursionist
24 0 2

I'd add a chat bot, there's a free Shopify one now.

Telephone number on contact us page. Im surprised how many customers call me before putting an order through.

Expand product description a little, talk about the hand made ect. 

Can you set no option as part of the drop downs so that people are forced to enter a value.

Email marketing is not likely to convert many. I get about 80 clicks per sale on Google ads, and that people actually searching for my items.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Irv_Brechner, I hope you are doing well. Here are some suggestions:

- Add policies in the footer menu.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.

- Retarget customers by sending the notification to your customers even when they are not in your store. Send notifications of price drop alerts, give rewards & send personalized discount notifications to your customers with web push notifications.

Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Irv_Brechner
5 0 0
Thank you very much for your feedback...much appreciated!
Irv
Irv_Brechner
5 0 0
Thank you very much for your feedback...greatly appreciated.
Irv
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1280 178 854

Hi @Irv_Brechner, my name is Richard- CRO expert at PageFly Page Builder App.

Just visiting your store and I think that it's not about your product, it is about the user experiences on your web, causing the uncertainty when deciding to buy the product. So I suggest you make changes to the following things:

1. Firstly, the menu looks un-organized, you should put all of them under the Collections title. 

Also, make the header section sticky for customers to head back to wherever they want, then add background color so that the page looks more attractive.

RichardNguyen_0-1608255155965.png

2. The product image should be from 3 to 5 ~ for the best experience for the users. For products with many colors like this, use color swatches is also a good choice 

In terms of sizing, I suggest you move this button upward, like in the screenshot.

image.png

3. Regarding the product description, you should break it into bullet points, make customers easy to scan. If you can't scan at this step, it is more likely that they will drop your site here.

Also, you need to include the range of delivery DATE (don't give an estimation like from 10 to 14 days, etc.) and add or link directly to the Return/ Refund policy- customers need to assure about this.

image.png

3. An extra point 

Do not organize this horizontally, convert to the vertical list instead.

image.png

4. Also, I did visit your Homepage, where I think most of the customers will land on. So I see that this big banner is a bit messy and the image quality is not good enough. For me, a sharp image is much preferred.

image.png

And that's my feedback! Hope that can help to improve your sale.

If you find this comment helpful, please LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION. Thank you and have a nice day 🙂 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

Irv_Brechner
5 0 0
Thanks SO much for your feedback. We're finding that over 90% of the visitors go directly to a specific product page, not the home page. They see an email with 18 images, choose one they like, are taken to the page where that product is, but don't buy. Any other thoughts?

Irv

darrenj1
Excursionist
24 0 2

Did you enable google analytics, did any of these people add to basket? 

Is abandoned baskets email enabled? You can use this email to ask for feedback.

is the pricing right for the product?

Is the product right? - is this your design or an existing brand? Could you have more variants such as a smaller logo on the left. IM not sure about this brand so just guessing, should a crothet logo be on a crochet product, isn't this jumper machine made not crochet? - these are your area to think about. As I say im not sure about this brand.

Are most of your visitors on mobile (mine are 80% mobile, so design your page with that in mind, test with that in mind).

Usually clothing sites have links to sizing guides, people like to know.

Get as much feedback from people as possible, if you can track who opened the email, send them a feedback link to Google Forms for  survey.