Not able to see Paypal Payment option on checkout even after its enabled

Solved
dakshdawar
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi Shopify Community,

I would highly appreciate you guys giving some honest opinion on my shopify store

This is my first store, and I have launched few months back, and I am using google ads to promote my store 

Here is the link: https://www.uralorganics.com

and there is one more thing I am worried about, 

I have activated PayPal express checkout on my store, but it does not show up (on my device) on neither on the product page or checkout page

So I just wanted to know if this is not visible only on my device or even my customers can't see it,

can you guys please open my product page and please let me know if you find the "pay with PayPal" button or "Buy it now" button on the page,

and if you find the "Buy it now" please click on it and see if you can find the "PayPal" button on my checkout page,

Please do suggest if i need to change some settings for it to appear on my website.

Your help would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2750 360 557

@dakshdawar 

I am not seeing Paypal appear when processing a test order: 

28-57-86272-47787

Are you certain that Paypal Express was successfully enabled in your store? You can check this by going to Settings/Payment Providers. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dakshdawar
Tourist
8 0 3

dakshdawar_0-1627482749889.png

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2750 360 557

@dakshdawar 

Thank you. The error helped. I took a look into our help documents and found that Paypal can not accept payments when your store is set in INR:

Merchants using PayPal Express Checkout can't receive domestic INR payments from other PayPal users.

In order to use Paypal, your store would need to be in USD. If your target audience is based in India, then Paypal would not be the most suitable payment provider. Using other payment providers such as PayU would be a good fit for your business. 

0 Likes
dakshdawar
Tourist
8 0 3

Thanks a lot Trevor, Really appreciate you looking into it. 

I am not able to change the currency from the general tab. I dont think I will ever be able to cater to international payments as payu people are not responding and paypal doesnt support INR.

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2750 360 557

This is an accepted solution.

@dakshdawar 

Happy to help!

If you'd like to change your currency after your first sale then our Support team can help with this. You'll need to contact them by going to our Help Centre, logging in, searching your question, then selecting "Contact Support" at the bottom of the page that shows the search results. 

If using PayU, they likely accept all major credit cards meaning that international customers can pay in INR and have their bank process the conversion. Adding a currency switcher to your store could help with this. 

You can also review the list of available payment providers for India here. 

0 Likes