Not getting sales

Homedecor311
1 0 1

Hi Everyone,

I sell home decor and I noticed a slow down of getting visits and no sales. I’m not sure why..My online store is called This,That &Thingz Shoppe  here is my website: https://thisthatandthingzshop.com

Can anyone provide me any ideas or thoughts on why this may be happening?

Thank You

Kelly

Replies 3 (3)
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
3766 745 786

Hi @Homedecor311,

Thank you for posting your question on this forum. Firstly, I want to say that your website was well-designed with a modern and elegant style. It gives a cozy feeling to the site visitors. About your situation, I would like to give you some suggestions and hope they can help you.

1. Optimize The SEO Performance

Since you are witnessing the visits reduction, I think you should check the SEO performance of your website to see if it has been optimized at its best. Enhance the SEO aspect could help your website rank higher on the search engine, and attract more visitors. If you are looking for an SEO guide for eCommerce page, you can check out this article. Start writing blog posts may also be a good option to boost up the SEO performance, so you can try it.

2. Run Ads

Running digital ads (Google & Facebook) is also a good solution to attract more potential customers. Try to research and target the right target segments for your ads campaign to ensure the best outcome.

3. Use The Sales Off Strategy

To level up the sales performance, you can use the discount strategy. It will stimulate the customer demands and encourage the site visitors to make purchasing decisions. You could use a countdown timer on your website to create urgency and increase the conversion rate more quickly. If you're interested in it, check out this app from Shopify.

4. Add Live Chat Feature

Shopify has stated that "Merchants that respond to a customer's chat within 5 minutes are 69% more likely to get a sale from the shopper. Therefore, a live chat feature should be included in your checklist. You can take a look at this app from Tidio.

5. Use The Quick View Function

You can use the quick product view feature to reduce the shopping time for site visitors. It will allow them to look through your products and add them to their carts, without having to leave the collection page/homepage. For the quick view app, you can check out Smartviewer.

6. Add "Testimonials" And "Why Choose Us?" Section

I think you should add more content sections to your homepage. My suggestions would be the 'Why Choose Us?' and 'The Testimonials'. They will help customers put more trust into your business and you will have a higher chance to increase the conversion rate right on this page.

7. Don't Forget Who Abandoned Their Carts On Your Website

Baymard Institute has shown that "69.57% of online shopping carts are abandoned"? This is a huge number so don't forget to follow up with shoppers who abandoned their carts on your website and turn them into your customers. Email follow-up is a good choice and you can check out Klaviyo for this.

Hope this helps. If you find my answer helpful for you, please mark it as a solution.

Thank you so much.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Have not had your Shopify store yet? Start the 14-day free trial HERE
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @Homedecor311This is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. Here are some suggestions that you can implement to get conversions to your store:

- Reduce the blank space in the header. 

AiTrillion_0-1630668610989.png

Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- Add a call to action button below the thumbnail of these collection. 

AiTrillion_1-1630668871636.png

- Add a review carousel on the homepage to build trust with other visitors.

- Give product recommendations on the product page. This helps with upselling.

Add a loyalty rewards program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increasing the retention rate.

- When a product is sold out you can add a button 'notify me when available'. You can send back in stock notifications to your customers. 

AiTrillion_2-1630669450100.png

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
flareAI
Shopify Partner
710 61 198

Hello @Homedecor311,

The site loads quite quickly which is great. Nice products! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Reduce the header menu space between logo and main menu.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. A FAQ would be useful!
7. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products. 
8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
9. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
10. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

You will get less sales and traffic if your products are not found on Google. When your customers search on Google, your product can be found only if Google has indexed the page. flareAI will show which pages are found on Google, and which are not. flareAI finds opportunities on multiple free (NO pay-per-click) sales channels like Google Search and delivers conversions. Grow your store presence on Google, the world's largest FREE eCommerce sales channel

Hope this was helpful,
Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!