I’ve had my store since august 2022 and have spent above $200 in ads and have reached over 1000 sessions but no sales and I think that’s just a bit odd because of all the people that have come to the website and i’ve hired people before and they’ve done different things but nothing drove sales and im honestly stuck between restarting or hiring an expert. if anyone has any recommendations i’d love to hear them please and thank you. My website is generaldropmart.com
Hi @GeneralDropMart ,
This is QuickCEP, an automated and refined marketing software that can help you boost sales.
I use Pagespeed to diagnose your website, and found some of the problems below, hoping the solution could help you out.
Defer off-screen images
Consider lazy loading offscreen and hidden images after all critical resources have finished loading to lower time to interactive.
Serve images in next-gen formats
Image formats like WebP and AVIF often provide better compression than PNG or JPEG, which means faster downloads and less data consumption.
Efficiently encode images
Optimised images load faster and consume less mobile data.
The main objects in the banner picture are hangers, which are not attractive enough, nor can they highlight the characteristics of your product. I first thought your store is selling something related to clothing, but after I click the link in the banner, it jumped into the product page that sells slippers. This would cause some confusion for your customers, although you do sell clothes. The function of Banner is to form a special immersive atmosphere to attract customers to click it. It's strongly recommended that you change the picture of it and select another one that can express your products and brand tone correctly.
The price tag will only show up until your customers put their mouse on it. Set the price tag that can display consistantly on the product page.
Also, adding the 'Add to Cart' button is necessary, it could facilitate some customers purchasing products only by having a glance of it.
It looks like you haven't finished the construction of the website. Complete the construction of the website as soon as possible, so that customers can feel your professionalism.
Products display and customer trust
On the homepage, On Sale and featured Product, these 2 parts showed the same content, which is undoubtedly a waste of resources on the homepage. You can add customer comments on the lower product page to show other buyers the physical wear effect of your product , at the same time increase customers' trust in your store and promote conversion.
If you find this answer helpful, please give us a Like and Accept solution.
I hope you are doing good and welcome to the Shopify Community!
This is MS Web Designer (Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore).
Thank you for sharing your store URL as this allowed me to go through your website. You have a beautiful store!
Mentioning a few pointers that I think will be useful:
- Website needs a favicon
- Product page doesn't have reviews. This also builds trust on your website.
- No Social Media Icons on Home Page? This helps bring in more traffic to your store.
- Consider using the 'Coupon Discount on Cart' App from the Shopify App store for all your discounting needs. This App shows all available discounts to the customer right at Cart Page in popup mode. Thus boosting sales.
- Speed Optimization is recommended for your website as its scoring 24 on mobiles and 49 on desktops. A fast website scores 90+. This affects your search engine ranking.
As for Sales:
- Are customers adding items to cart?
- Are customers abandoning their cart?
- Have you priced you products competitively?
- Are you advertising to your Target Audience? (Sell to people who plan want to buy the products you're selling. Don't sell to anyone.)
- Make your website more trustworthy. Add trust badges on your home page so customers consider purchasing from you.
That's about all I could notice from a glance at your store.
Feel free to connect us if you have any questions! Email address mentioned below.
We'd love to assist you in any way possible!
Best of luck and Regards!
MS Web Designer
This is flareAI - Generating Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot. Helping Shopify merchants in generating $5 million in sales from Google Search.
If my suggestions helps you, please Like and Accept solution to let me know
I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can increase sales.
1. Add favicon to help visitors locate your page easier when they have multiple tabs open. Also it will add overall branding consistency and their absence might be seen as unprofessional.
2. Add more detailed product description in product pages. The product description should provide visitors with important information about the features and benefits of the product so they are motivated to buy.
3. Display store's contact info like phone number, email address, and office address in the Contact Us page.
4. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic
5. A FAQ would be useful to provide quick information to help customers make a purchasing decision and also to reduce the time your employees need to answer simple questions.
6. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
7. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
8. Showing your average rating gives your shoppers quick information to make purchase decisions. Average ratings provide you with feedback on popular and unpopular products that you can use to make changes.
9. Add more blogs in the store
Blogging is an amazing way to drive traffic to your website and increase your SEO. The more your blog, the more content the search engines have to crawl and index. This means they can easily recognize that your site is a resource of information for people to access.
10. Clicking on the "SHOP" menu is redirecting to https://generaldropmart.com/collections and the page is not showing any collections. Clicking on View All not redirecting to the corresponding collection products listing page.
11. Remove the blank section below the footer
Consumers trust organic sales channels like Google and rely on it even more and are using at a rate that exceeds the growth of display and organic social. flareAI actively grows your store presence on Google Search. Once a product is found on while customer search for it, it is a permanent win! Let flareAI help to get sales from 20+ world's largest free sales channels, Single click start!
If you found the answer helpful consider supporting the Shopify Community by giving it a Like + Accept the solution.
An easy mistake to make is opening a "general store". I hate to say it but if someone is looking for a general store then they'll just go to Amazon or Walmart. It's always cheaper, it'll always ship faster, and I can get virtually anything I can think of all in one go. I see you have men's pants, a popcorn machine, and an inline fuse holder for custom car stereo installs. But why would I buy all those different things from you when I can go on Amazon and also get men's socks and shoes, popcorn and butter for the machine, and power cables for the fuse holder?
Pick a few products that you really believe in, buy a couple for yourself so you can understand what it is you're selling, and focus on that. I'd rather buy from someone who likes their product and can demonstrate why it's better that I buy from them than Amazon.
Hi @GeneralDropMart ,
This is Victor from PageFly - Landing Page Builder. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is quite simple. I have some suggestions for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!
1. Add a favicon to your store
Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can search for Adding a favicon to your store on the Help Center of Shopify to know how to add it. You can refer to this picture below to learn more about the favicon:
2. Make a sticky header
A sticky header allows customers to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements whenever they scroll up or down on the page. It is also the fastest and most useful way to access the necessary information for the customers when they reach your website.
3. Invest in your hero banner and CTA buttons
The banner is particularly important to have attractive imagery and design. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first.
Besides, a primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.
With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.
4. Add a section about your brand story
A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. There are many ways to improve your content when you tell about your brand story, it’s also a good way to show with the customer who you are, what you are selling.
5. Add Testimonials - Customer Reviews
Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. You can use third-party reviews apps such as: Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, etc.
6. Always Highlight Core Product and Brand Features
You need to summarize and highlight core product and brand features, including key product details and attributes, free shipping available, and return policy information on your homepage, so that the customers can quickly evaluate not only a site’s product catalog, but also the brand’s policies, value proposition, and trustworthiness, from the homepage.
7. Have a newsletter on your homepage
Having a newsletter on your site, customers can subscribe to their emails to receive product information, any sales campaign, etc from your store. Well done!
You can refer to the picture below:
But kindly drag it out of the footer and place it right on your homepage, I bet you would have more clicks.
Good luck and have a nice day!
Victor | PageFy
There are a few things that you could do to help you start getting sales, and they're all pretty essential to your store's success.
For starters, you need a clear reason for existing. What I mean is: what is your brand's mission?
Put candidly: being a general, all-purpose store is a recipe for failure. An all-purpose store with fast delivery and cheap prices already exists - it's called Amazon.
To be successful as a business you need to focus on a niche. Instead of trying to sell everything, sell one thing - and sell it well. For example, Nike doesn't make cars, they don't market mobile phones, and they do not produce suits. Their one focus is sportswear, and they are experts at it.
That's the other benefit of a niche product line: you can establish yourself as an authority in that field. And establishing authority and knowledge are ways that customers will trust you enough to buy from you. So if you're producing content (and content is crucial) where you're interviewing other professionals in the field, or providing How To articles, product reviews, or unboxings - customers can trust that you know what you're talking about.
Basically, it's a beginner's mistake they have a good product and good looking store but the good looking store does not mean it's good for sales and we also need to optimize our store for conversions (we called Conversion Rate Optimized (CRO) I work with Million Dollar stores and also the part of Shopify Partner program, this my honest advice make your store for conversion-optimized then run ads
Make the shift from discounts to donations, and witness your business not only thrive fina...By Holly Dec 4, 2023
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023