Not promoting; seeking advice

Sixt33n
1 0 0
Hey screen printing community!

My fiancé Cameron, and myself; Mandy, have finally gotten our business off the ground, and have a website published, and a couple events coming up for pop-up markets. Currently, we have done a couple business related orders and a gas station bought around 8 lines of our personal creations.

I have come to a stale mate. I haven't really seen my website gain much traffic. I'm not sure on my web design or SEO compatibility. I believe my pictures are good, descriptions are fun, and the About Us page really connects the customer to us. I also got a 100$ advertising credit on Google Ads for registering my business with Google. Most of those clicks are coming from Youtube, but I'm not sure how they correlate their ads to what website/channel they end up being featured on, so I'll just leave it up to Google-magic.

I have never done any form of web design or have any experience with creating internet stuffs. I'm not here to promote my brand; I fully understand we are all screen printers and we are all gifted enough to make the same EXACT shirt I have up for sale for a much cheaper price.

That being said, no matter your experience level (I am self-taught due to a lot of researching, videos, hours upon hours of trial and error, and swapping out different equipment for better quality, etc.) if you are still arguing with getting your formulas (how long to expose, coating screens too heavily, or not realizing humidity has a HUGE role in the whole debacle, etc) to work, THERE IS HOPE!

I literally went from working retail (assistant store manager of Walmart for 6 years) to learning this trade strictly with my computer/cell phone. I have so many notebooks (and some that are in the trash lol) filled to the brim on different tips/tricks, how to's, FAQ's, etc on screen printing. On the surface, it looks so easy, but props to everyone who has taken the time to figure it out and hasn't completely given up lol, I know I wanted to throw my manual screen press or exposure unit thru the wall a couple times, but I wasn't strong enough (I'm 4ft 11inches, and weigh 85lbs soaking wet lol) haha.

So forreal, dont give up! The feeling you get when you lift the screen after your final print stroke, and you see your design in real life in front of you; it is completely breathtaking.

If anyone has a minute, please let me know some constructive criticism on the website, 2 heads (or as many as I can get involved) is better than one. I'm a techno-tard and I will be the first to admit it, so please feel free to call me out on ANYTHING you see.

Thank you again, and if there is anything I can do to help your brand in return, I will. Thank you!

Mandy, Sixt33n

www.sixt33n.com

0 Likes

Hi @Sixt33n 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants. 

Your story is so inspiring. I have just had a look at your store. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Add favicon to your store

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it.

2. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

PageFly_0-1632652619824.png

If your page is long, when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

3. Add more content on your homepage

3.1 Improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

PageFly_1-1632652736916.png

3.2 Have a CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

3.3 Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product reviews to the page in easy ways

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that are displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

I found an article for you about third-party apps that are 07 Tools to Boost Your Conversion Rates and the best reviews app for your store.

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark it as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Get insightful tips to hit more sales in upcoming BFCM.

0 Likes

Hi @Sixt33n,

Warm greetings from Opinew Team!

Thank you for sharing your inspirational story. I believe that self-learning can help you gain more benefits and explore more broadly. I have just visited your website, and here are a few comments hoping it can help improve your store’s performance and customers' shopping experience. 

Homepage

Add a favicon

A small image but can set your brand apart from the others. And you can learn how to do it here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/images/add-favicon

Use a persuasive hero image

This is the first thing visitors will see, it’s important to make a great first impression and set your brand apart from the others. You should add more captivating hero images and highlight your brand’s value proposition, feature your best-selling products or even make an announcement about your sales offer.  

Try to follow the Shopify images guideline for your theme and avoid zooming in the banner as much as possible. Write persuasive content following the structure: Heading, Subheading, CTA button that compels the visitors to take action you want them to; it helps both conversion goal and the SEO purpose. 

Opinew_0-1632717742286.png

Product page

Include separate links for size chart and shipping/ return policy 

You should add a separate link for the size chart/ dimensions and place it above your product description. You can either use the pop-up form to simplify your customer journey and help them quickly choose the sizes that suit. Do the same with the shipping/ return policy and provide visitors with clear and enough information that encourages them to buy with confidence. 

Use same size product images

Ideally, Shopify recommends using 2048x2048 pixels for product images, so make sure you use the same image size for all products, and optimize them to ensure a consistent look and speed up your online store. 

Add customer reviews 

Word of mouth marketing strategy is one of the most effective forms of marketing in creating new users and customers. Adding the customer reviews section not only helps you build trust but also increases your conversions. Because customers are more likely to view user-generated content as authentic compared to content created by brands. 

It would be best to display both the overall star rating and reviews section to promote credibility and authenticity in your store. If you don’t have your customer reviews yet, try to implement marketing strategies like loyalty and reward programs or email marketing and encourage your customers to write a review for you. 

Add a CTA button 

You should add a CTA button in the product recommendations section and encourage visitors to explore more. Try to use the same image size following your theme guideline, and align them horizontally on your product page.

Opinew_1-1632717742287.png

Overall, I think you should build your social media profile to get some organic traffic to the store; and start implementing marketing strategies (like discounts, gifts, or live chat button) to improve your customer experience and boost more sales. Try to engage with your customers as much as possible in different activities, and it will help you build your customer base. 

I hope these suggestions might be helpful for you. Good luck!

Opinew Team.

Opinew - Product Review App | Boosts your Shopify store’s conversions with reviews rich in UGC.
Import reviews from Amazon, eBay & AliExpress in 1-click and request verified reviews from purchase.
0 Likes