FROM CACHE - en_header

Online store feedback

Solved
I_heart_pink
Tourist
7 0 0

Hey guys!

I would love some feedback on my shop! I have been doing some outreach marketing based on Facebook. I have spend more than $200 on ads for a month now. I get an average 20 to 35 views daily. 

I'll get 'add to cart' and 'reached checkout' and occasionally an abandoned cart, but no sales.

Any advice would be  greatly appreciated as I am new to all this. Thank you in advance 😊

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 95 133

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for linking your store's URL, @ I_heart_pink! I've taken a look at your store, and as a first time visitor I really like how easy it is to navigate through your store. This is so important as customers need to be able to find what they're looking for quickly and easily. I do have a few suggestions that you can consider for your store, too:

1. Adding an About Us page: One thing I noticed about your store is that there isn't yet any About Us page. I see that there's a little snippet on the bottom of the homepage about your store, which is so great to see! I think that there's more that can be unpacked about your store too however, for example you can talk about how your love of the colour pink started. You have a really unique store concept, so you'll want to highlight and use this as your strength, to connect more with your audience. Creating an About Us page that tells your brand's story or mission is also key in introducing your business to prospective customers. It will give you the opportunity to showcase more of what your brand is about, beyond the products, and therefore allows prospective customers to learn and connect more with a brand that they potentially align with. The About Us page of a business tends to be an aspect that gets overlooked, but it's really worthwhile to spend some time in creating one for your store. Check out our handy guide here to help you create your About Us page.

2. Highlight specific products on your homepage: I like that you've included some slideshow images onto your homepage! They work really well aesthetically, but are also a good way to highlight a particular promotion you currently have. When scrolling down on your homepage, I do find that it can be a bit overwhelming to be greeted with quite a lot of products in one go. Your homepage should give visitors a snippet and small taste of what your store is about and what you sell, much like a window display is to a retail store. Perhaps think about how you can curate a featured collection instead, that includes a few selected products. Take a look at our homepage design blog here if you need some tips and tricks on homepage design.

3. Remove the Powered by Shopify text: I noticed that you still have this text within the footer of your store. I highly suggest removing this text, as it will allow your store to appear more professional overall. It might seem like a minuscule detail to remove, but the text can draw attention away from your brand and can potentially also distract visitors. This text also links directly to our Shopify website, so this poses as a potential increase to your website's bounce rate, as customers may leave your site and not come back, should they click on this text.

Overall I think you've done a really great job with your store, so well done!

With abandoned checkouts, you can check this within your Shopify admin's Orders > Abandoned checkouts page. You can review this page to also find any potential patterns that might suggest why your customers aren't completing their orders.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

PageFly
Shopify Partner
3529 520 1861

Hi @I_heart_pink, it's PageFly - Best Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

Homepage

Make the menu sticky

A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 

Have a CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

PageFly_0-1633573853523.png

Add hovering effect

The second hovering effect for collection or product images will help your sections convert better and intrigue customers to interact with and scan many products to see extra visual information. 

PageFly_1-1633573915520.png

Along with that, you should

Add testimonial - customer reviews

Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

Product Page

Display or Link to a Return policy from the main Product page content 

Making the Return policy visible in the main Product Page content, especially “Buy” section will help minimize users’ purchase anxiety. Featuring a link in or near the “Buy” section can be a motivating factor when users are considering whether they should make a purchase or not. 

Add Product Quantity

PageFly_2-1633574768651.png

Display a minimum of 6 reviews by default and allow users to submit reviews

Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. I would recommend you display reviews on your product page (with a minimum of 6 reviews with the ability to “Load more” and allow users to submit their reviews.

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. 

You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check out our Ecommerce Website Design ideas for 2022. 

Learn the quintessential strategy to bring your store online with An Evergreen Guide.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1620 58 452

Hi @I_heart_pink 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. So sad to hear that you are struggling with no sales. Since you have paid traffic ( $200 ) but no sales, it means customers don't find your store reliable enough. Therefore, I would suggest you focus on customer trust and social proof. Also, the traffic should be related to your target group. In your case, it should be targeted towards young women.

First of all, I would recommend you to check web analytics to see how people behave on your site. I suppose one of the reasons for experiencing low conversion rates could be that visitors don’t trust you. Attach to your store real customer photo reviews in order to build customer trust and social proof. Showing that you’re real by putting your address, contact details, team photos on the site could help as well.

Additionally, you can consider the Referral program in order to give your existing customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you get your first clients, try to gain more orders through existing ones. 

Implement Social Login, so your customers can log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. It simplifies the login process and enables one-click signup through social media, which makes your store user-friendly. Meanwhile gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

You can test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. The app replaces 5 apps and provides 5 efficient marketing features that will help you with sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard and at an affordable price.

In order to install a free trial, please press here 

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

Replies 12 (12)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 95 133

Hi, @I_heart_pink!

Thanks for reaching out to our Shopify Community Forums to get some feedback on your store! To make it easier for our wider Community members, are you able to please link your store's URL? Just so that we can all easily access your store, and to make sure that we're all looking at the same store here to give our feedback on.

Where your marketing strategy is concerned though, it's so great to see that you've been running ads on Facebook. Do you have the Facebook Pixel installed on your store, by any chance? If you do, this is a great opportunity to make use of the data that the Pixel collects, to retarget and tailor your ads to specific audiences. How the Facebook Pixel works is that it will allow you to reach prospective customers that have previously shown interest in your store. They'll collect this data for you and then target your ads to those that have engaged with your store in some ways, for example individuals that have visited your online store previously. This is super useful, because oftentimes it does take customers a few visits to your store before they will purchase from you! We have a great how-to blog here on how to create better ads using Facebook Pixel, feel free to take a look at it for more information too.

For your abandoned checkouts, you can look into offering incentives through your abandoned checkout emails. A popular incentive is to offer your customers a discount code that invites them to complete their purchase, but have a look at our Shopify Blog here too for some great abandoned checkout email strategy tips.

I'd also like to highlight that when running new marketing campaigns, remember to keep track of your analytics so that you know and are aware of how your campaign is performing. This will allow you to understand which strategies and campaigns have worked more than others, and will help you tailor a marketing strategy that works best for your business.

I_heart_pink
Tourist
7 0 0

Oh yes...and here's my website www.thepinkshopau.com.

Thank you and looking forward to your feedback. Appreciate it very much xx

I_heart_pink
Tourist
7 0 0

thank you so much for your feedback. I definitely look into FB pixel. that is such a great platform to have.

Also, can I check with you if there's any way i can check who the abandoned check out because my website they are not required to sign up to make a purchase.

Thank you again.

Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 95 133

Thanks for linking your store's URL, @ I_heart_pink! I've taken a look at your store, and as a first time visitor I really like how easy it is to navigate through your store. This is so important as customers need to be able to find what they're looking for quickly and easily. I do have a few suggestions that you can consider for your store, too:

1. Adding an About Us page: One thing I noticed about your store is that there isn't yet any About Us page. I see that there's a little snippet on the bottom of the homepage about your store, which is so great to see! I think that there's more that can be unpacked about your store too however, for example you can talk about how your love of the colour pink started. You have a really unique store concept, so you'll want to highlight and use this as your strength, to connect more with your audience. Creating an About Us page that tells your brand's story or mission is also key in introducing your business to prospective customers. It will give you the opportunity to showcase more of what your brand is about, beyond the products, and therefore allows prospective customers to learn and connect more with a brand that they potentially align with. The About Us page of a business tends to be an aspect that gets overlooked, but it's really worthwhile to spend some time in creating one for your store. Check out our handy guide here to help you create your About Us page.

2. Highlight specific products on your homepage: I like that you've included some slideshow images onto your homepage! They work really well aesthetically, but are also a good way to highlight a particular promotion you currently have. When scrolling down on your homepage, I do find that it can be a bit overwhelming to be greeted with quite a lot of products in one go. Your homepage should give visitors a snippet and small taste of what your store is about and what you sell, much like a window display is to a retail store. Perhaps think about how you can curate a featured collection instead, that includes a few selected products. Take a look at our homepage design blog here if you need some tips and tricks on homepage design.

3. Remove the Powered by Shopify text: I noticed that you still have this text within the footer of your store. I highly suggest removing this text, as it will allow your store to appear more professional overall. It might seem like a minuscule detail to remove, but the text can draw attention away from your brand and can potentially also distract visitors. This text also links directly to our Shopify website, so this poses as a potential increase to your website's bounce rate, as customers may leave your site and not come back, should they click on this text.

Overall I think you've done a really great job with your store, so well done!

With abandoned checkouts, you can check this within your Shopify admin's Orders > Abandoned checkouts page. You can review this page to also find any potential patterns that might suggest why your customers aren't completing their orders.

PageFly
Shopify Partner
3529 520 1861

Hi @I_heart_pink, it's PageFly - Best Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

Homepage

Make the menu sticky

A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 

Have a CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

PageFly_0-1633573853523.png

Add hovering effect

The second hovering effect for collection or product images will help your sections convert better and intrigue customers to interact with and scan many products to see extra visual information. 

PageFly_1-1633573915520.png

Along with that, you should

Add testimonial - customer reviews

Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

Product Page

Display or Link to a Return policy from the main Product page content 

Making the Return policy visible in the main Product Page content, especially “Buy” section will help minimize users’ purchase anxiety. Featuring a link in or near the “Buy” section can be a motivating factor when users are considering whether they should make a purchase or not. 

Add Product Quantity

PageFly_2-1633574768651.png

Display a minimum of 6 reviews by default and allow users to submit reviews

Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. I would recommend you display reviews on your product page (with a minimum of 6 reviews with the ability to “Load more” and allow users to submit their reviews.

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. 

You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check out our Ecommerce Website Design ideas for 2022. 

Learn the quintessential strategy to bring your store online with An Evergreen Guide.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1620 58 452

Hi @I_heart_pink 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. So sad to hear that you are struggling with no sales. Since you have paid traffic ( $200 ) but no sales, it means customers don't find your store reliable enough. Therefore, I would suggest you focus on customer trust and social proof. Also, the traffic should be related to your target group. In your case, it should be targeted towards young women.

First of all, I would recommend you to check web analytics to see how people behave on your site. I suppose one of the reasons for experiencing low conversion rates could be that visitors don’t trust you. Attach to your store real customer photo reviews in order to build customer trust and social proof. Showing that you’re real by putting your address, contact details, team photos on the site could help as well.

Additionally, you can consider the Referral program in order to give your existing customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you get your first clients, try to gain more orders through existing ones. 

Implement Social Login, so your customers can log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. It simplifies the login process and enables one-click signup through social media, which makes your store user-friendly. Meanwhile gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

You can test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. The app replaces 5 apps and provides 5 efficient marketing features that will help you with sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard and at an affordable price.

In order to install a free trial, please press here 

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @I_heart_pink 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.
  • People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
I_heart_pink
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I will definitely look into it. Is so good to hear from a different perspective. 🙂

I_heart_pink
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you so much for your time and input. I knew there is so much to improve but I just don't know where. I definitely that your suggestion on board. You are so helpful 🙂

I_heart_pink
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you so much for your input. I will have a look for sure. Appreciate the time you put in to write to me. 

I_heart_pink
Tourist
7 0 0

Appreciate your feedback and for taking the time to give me your insights. I will definitely look into it. Thank you so much. 

Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 95 133

No worries at all, @ I_heart_pink. I'm happy to help! Glad to also see that you've since received more feedback as well for your store from our Community members!